The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme 2019

Hi all,

I thought I would start a thread to help/support each other through the Trainee scheme process this year!

Where is everyone up to with their applications?

Scroll to see replies

Doing my video interview tomorrow
Reply 2
Me too!

Haven’t been able to find any info on possible questions, but I think it’s likely to be the standard ‘why do you want to work for the CPS?’.

Have you done any preparation in advance?
Original post by nlichtman
Doing my video interview tomorrow
Reply 3
Interview tomorrow
Reply 4
Video interview? I’m doing mine tomorrow too.

What questions have you prepped for? I think it’ll be really odd filming myself with no one on the other end!
Original post by Cnat2013
Interview tomorrow
I’m also doing it tomorrow. I expect questions will be as youve said given the application guide says it will be on “your motivations to join CPS.”
A previous thread said they could re-record their answers if not happy with first try! Wish that was the case this year too.
Reply 6
Yeah I saw that! Shame that isn’t the case for us, although it does say we get 5 mins reading time, so hopefully that will help get an answer ready for when the recording starts!

Where is everyone’s location preference?
Original post by Sarahsands
I’m also doing it tomorrow. I expect questions will be as youve said given the application guide says it will be on “your motivations to join CPS.”
A previous thread said they could re-record their answers if not happy with first try! Wish that was the case this year too.
London for me and doing the video interview shortly, just prepping now.
Has anyone done it yet?
London for me and doing the video interview shortly, just prepping now.
Has anyone done it yet?
Reply 9
Not yet done.

Looking to apply to Manchester.
Did you do it?
Reply 10
I've done it - general questions on why you want to join and examples of skills etc. It wasn't too bad but I found myself rambling a lot. Two minutes goes so fast!
OMG LOOOL THE VIDEO INTERVIEW WENT SO BAD 😬😂....good luck to the rest of you I’m just already assuming I’ve just not made the cut 🤣 (crying on the inside)
It’s really unnatural isn’t it! I didn’t even realise mine was recording the first time until about 10 seconds in LOL
Original post by Law101mancs
OMG LOOOL THE VIDEO INTERVIEW WENT SO BAD 😬😂....good luck to the rest of you I’m just already assuming I’ve just not made the cut 🤣 (crying on the inside)
Oh did you yeah I had to look away from the cam just to check it had started recording!! So unnatural!! And so much stuff I had planned to say but just repeated myself and kept um’ing 😖
Original post by Laura_H1991
It’s really unnatural isn’t it! I didn’t even realise mine was recording the first time until about 10 seconds in LOL
Does anyone have any idea when they are likely to get the results out?
No idea - hopefully soon! I think the deadline for the legal assessment is around 16 April so will have to be at least a week or so before then!
Original post by Legalhack
Does anyone have any idea when they are likely to get the results out?
We may find out the results of the video interview within two weeks time.
One of the things the CPS want us to demonstrate is a commitment to public service.

I have never worked in public service and am currently a paralegal at a very large corporate firm. I am struggling to figure out how I can demonstrate a commitment to public service, given my background.

I’m interested to know from the group what everyone else does? Are you all current civil servants? Have you all volunteered at various public service type events (whatever they may be?).
Original post by Snookered
One of the things the CPS want us to demonstrate is a commitment to public service.

I have never worked in public service and am currently a paralegal at a very large corporate firm. I am struggling to figure out how I can demonstrate a commitment to public service, given my background.

I’m interested to know from the group what everyone else does? Are you all current civil servants? Have you all volunteered at various public service type events (whatever they may be?).

I’m not a civil servant. I don’t think that will be a decisive factor so wouldn’t worry!
Original post by Laura_H1991
I’m not a civil servant. I don’t think that will be a decisive factor so wouldn’t worry!

Thanks - do you do anything public service related in your free time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending