The Student Room Group

Am i overweight???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Where is your judgment coming from make sure to look at the links below my pic Other photos

Original post by funk controller
bmi is not a percantage, and yes youre quite overweight
you are overweight you need to exercise
Reply 22
Original post by Bang Outta Order
whoa...mate..your dimensions are like bang on to each other. That means your body is square, and you're only 5'3 You're not "fat" but you're oddly shaped tbh. Like a thumb? Squat and stout, it sounds like. You asked. I answered.

I'm 6' and 80kg, I'll check my measurements soon cos I've been working on a goal.

To be honest my stomach is 39 inches Checked this morning.. but What the fck I ain’t asking about shape I’m asking about weight.
Reply 23
Original post by Ciel.
Then you could probably lose some weight.

It is skinny, but it really suits me. Some people look good underweight, some people look good curvy.

Yeah if your happy being skinny then Sure But long as your healthy and Agreed probably have to lose belly fat myself
Original post by DrunkFool
To be honest my stomach is 39 inches Checked this morning.. but What the fck I ain’t asking about shape I’m asking about weight.

who you swearing at?

an ugly shape can make you look fatter than what you are. if you're not proportionate it will give you a fat appearance. if you had better measurements I'm sure you wouldn't be asking if you're fat.

kisses and hugs, dear. xo
Reply 25
Ok thanks for the opinion. I’m only guessing how many pounds I am by judging another’s body I might actually be Well over the 150 like around 180
Original post by qwerty247918
I am 273 lbs 5'8'' waist 40.. I think your measurements are a little cutely obese for a female..and then skinny beer bellied for a male.
160ib at 5'3" is overweight, figure out the calories it takes to maintain your weight and deduct by 500, you should lose 1Ib a week, do some running, body weight exercises and keep your diet low on fat, so skimmed milk, fat free yoghurt, fruits and try to wip up a smoothie with fruits and veggies, this'll give you the energy you need.
10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster) By: Christopher Wheeler

Here are 10 more tips to lose weight even faster:

Eat a high-protein breakfast.
Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.
These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
Drink water a half hour before meals.
One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
Choose weight loss-friendly foods.
Certain foods are very useful for losing fat. Here is a list of the 20 most weight loss-friendly foods on earth.
Eat soluble fiber.
Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area.
Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
Drink coffee or tea.
If you're a coffee or tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine can in them boost your metabolism by 3–11%.
Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods.
Base most of your diet on whole foods.
They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
Eat your food slowly.
Fast eaters gain more weight over time.
Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
Weigh yourself every day.
Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are much more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
Get a good night's sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.
Reply 28
Original post by TheNamesBond.
160ib at 5'3" is overweight, figure out the calories it takes to maintain your weight and deduct by 500, you should lose 1Ib a week, do some running, body weight exercises and keep your diet low on fat, so skimmed milk, fat free yoghurt, fruits and try to wip up a smoothie with fruits and veggies, this'll give you the energy you need.

Alright thanks for the Advice
Reply 29
Did u have a look at the images below my first image or? And ok ty for the opinion there but tbh I don’t have time to excersise right now
Original post by frieda sky
you are overweight you need to exercise
Did u have a look at the images below my first image or? And ok ty for the opinion there but tbh I don’t have time to excersise right now

Everyone is busy. You need to make time.
Wake up earlier and work out, get off the bus/train a few stops earlier and walk.
Eat healthy and varied.
It's not rocket science.
Reply 31
Original post by Bang Outta Order
who you swearing at?

an ugly shape can make you look fatter than what you are. if you're not proportionate it will give you a fat appearance. if you had better measurements I'm sure you wouldn't be asking if you're fat.

kisses and hugs, dear. xo

Everyone has different ideas on what’s fat Hence why I’m askin I’m aware I come out as overweight on my BMI.
Reply 32
It’s Rocket science to me lol Don’t have time to be counting calories it’s BS, Just wanted people opinions, so cut the attitude babaay
Original post by arigziegler
Everyone is busy. You need to make time.
Wake up earlier and work out, get off the bus/train a few stops earlier and walk.
Eat healthy and varied.
It's not rocket science.
To answer your question, yes. You're BMI is roughly in the middle of overweight and obese. Judging from your pictures I would guess that most of this is fat, not muscle.

You've been given some advice further ahead which I'd take, if you choose to lose weight then good luck.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 34
Thanks For the facts Greatly aprethiated
Original post by qwerty247918
10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster) By: Christopher Wheeler

Here are 10 more tips to lose weight even faster:

Eat a high-protein breakfast.
Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.
These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
Drink water a half hour before meals.
One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
Choose weight loss-friendly foods.
Certain foods are very useful for losing fat. Here is a list of the 20 most weight loss-friendly foods on earth.
Eat soluble fiber.
Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area.
Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
Drink coffee or tea.
If you're a coffee or tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine can in them boost your metabolism by 3–11%.
Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods.
Base most of your diet on whole foods.
They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
Eat your food slowly.
Fast eaters gain more weight over time.
Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
Weigh yourself every day.
Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are much more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
Get a good night's sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.
It’s Rocket science to me lol Don’t have time to be counting calories it’s BS, Just wanted people opinions, so cut the attitude babaay

Where exactly did I mention calorie counting? :confused:
Reply 36
Original post by aj27cross
To answer your question, yes. You're BMI is roughly in the middle of overweight and obese. Judging from your pictures I would guess that most of this is fat, not muscle.

You've been given some advice further ahead which I'd take, if you choose to lose weight then good luck.

Thanks aprethiated
if you dont have time its ok .You can follow a certain diet so that you lose weight
Reply 38
Uh In my head. Anyway Thanks fit opinion.
Original post by arigziegler
Where exactly did I mention calorie counting? :confused:
Reply 39
Just now I eat mostly Non Junk food
Original post by frieda sky
if you dont have time its ok .You can follow a certain diet so that you lose weight

Quick Reply

Latest