The Student Room Group

My last year of a levels GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Professional G
I’m feeling the same. For some reason, I don’t feel as motivated as I should be. I have no idea why. I just need to get back to work.

I’m surprised you don’t have study rooms at school. I thought they were common in every sixth form?

We have a library, and 2 computer rooms (1 is half computers and half tables and the other is all computers) the computer rooms are loud and always full and the library is open plan.
Original post by Anonymous1502
We have a library, and 2 computer rooms (1 is half computers and half tables and the other is all computers) the computer rooms are loud and always full and the library is open plan.

They should really provide you guys with quiet study rooms. The library should be quiet anyway. Don’t you have any nearby libraries in your area? Perhaps in your area, preferably quiet ones
They should really provide you guys with quiet study rooms. The library should be quiet anyway. Don’t you have any nearby libraries in your area? Perhaps in your area, preferably quiet ones

The annoying thing is if my frees are in the morning I need to be at school so that is a waste of my time.There is a library nearby unfortunately it is closed on Sunday.
The weekend wasn't very productive on Saturday I did like 2 hours of maths (Mechanics graphs) and then went to school for a biology revision session.I will have my practice interview wth my biology teacher tomorrow at lunch time.I still need to do some reading and go over my personal statement.I had a 2hour nap in the afternoon.
The practice interview went ok.I am struggling to settle down for some reason.I am quite looking forward to going to Manchester but also quite anxious about it as I would like it to go well.
The annoying thing is if my frees are in the morning I need to be at school so that is a waste of my time.There is a library nearby unfortunately it is closed on Sunday.

That’s unfortunate. Someone needs to do something about the situation tho. The library shouldn’t be completed closed on a Sunday either.

The practice interview went ok.I am struggling to settle down for some reason.I am quite looking forward to going to Manchester but also quite anxious about it as I would like it to go well.

That’s anxiety. Pretty normal but don’t let yourself get very stressed. Hope for the best and keep believing. Good luck
(edited 5 years ago)
I had my Manchester interview today.It went well, the person who interviewed me said she would like to give me an offer which is great.The course is really flexible and they have lots of opportunities for industrial placements, field trips and year abroad opportunities.However the school of biological sciences is quite old and not very modern.I don't know why but I don't feel happy as it isn't my dream and I feel like I will have to settle.I don't think I can get ABB anyway so it doesn't matter and I should just be happy how things went.
I had my Manchester interview today.It went well, the person who interviewed me said she would like to give me an offer which is great.The course is really flexible and they have lots of opportunities for industrial placements, field trips and year abroad opportunities.However the school of biological sciences is quite old and not very modern.I don't know why but I don't feel happy as it isn't my dream and I feel like I will have to settle.I don't think I can get ABB anyway so it doesn't matter and I should just be happy how things went.

Glad to know it went well, good job.
Well if you don’t like it, there’s always other unis you can join, you have your other choices to look out for so don’t fret. I’m sure you will. Being composed and focused is key. Doubting yourself is detrimental to your mindset so you need to be optimistic. Hopefully knowing the interview went well will be a boost to your mindset, motivating you to work harder.
I have been 1 hour 30 minutes late to school 2 days in a row I am finding it hard to wake up.My alarm goes off and I go automatically back to sleep I just feel tired and irritated.My chemistry teacher annoyed me as I asked for help after school and she was quite unkind and told me to help myself and that I need to be independent and it is very hard for me to ask for help in the first place so now I don't think I will ever ask for help again from her.I feel like I can't stretch myself equally between the 3 subjects I feel like I can focus only on 2 subjects at a time.I am considering giving up on chemistry to only focus on maths and biology and retake chemistry next year because I prefer to get 2 good grades rather than 1 good and 2 bad.I have had an incredibly hard 2 years I regret my a level choices if I was to do it all again I would choose all humanities.The only reason I picked the a levels I did was because I had received terrible advice and I was told that doing humanities would give me terrible job prospects but the truth is having crap a level results is what gives you bad job prospects and no one cares what you study as long as you get good grades.
I have been 1 hour 30 minutes late to school 2 days in a row I am finding it hard to wake up.My alarm goes off and I go automatically back to sleep I just feel tired and irritated.My chemistry teacher annoyed me as I asked for help after school and she was quite unkind and told me to help myself and that I need to be independent and it is very hard for me to ask for help in the first place so now I don't think I will ever ask for help again from her.I feel like I can't stretch myself equally between the 3 subjects I feel like I can focus only on 2 subjects at a time.I am considering giving up on chemistry to only focus on maths and biology and retake chemistry next year because I prefer to get 2 good grades rather than 1 good and 2 bad.I have had an incredibly hard 2 years I regret my a level choices if I was to do it all again I would choose all humanities.The only reason I picked the a levels I did was because I had received terrible advice and I was told that doing humanities would give me terrible job prospects but the truth is having crap a level results is what gives you bad job prospects and no one cares what you study as long as you get good grades.

Believing in yourself will be key to achieving your goals and getting the grades you want. Giving up will be the easy thing but what would be the implications? To start all of this again in September? All you need is ABB or ABC. Use whatever resources you can get your hands on. Enjoy chemistry again and it will improve your work ethic. The pressure is on. A Levels is just a few weeks away so it’s natural to start feeling stressed now. It shouldn’t however make you give up.
I have received an offer from Warwick (BBB) and Bath (AAB).I am super excited however on Bath's website it said ABB if you do 2 or more sciences which I do so I am a bit confused.I haven't visited either.I am still waiting for Edinburgh and the official UCAS offer from Manchester.I need to somehow magically get the grades.I need to stay positive.
I have received an offer from Warwick (BBB) and Bath (AAB).I am super excited however on Bath's website it said ABB if you do 2 or more sciences which I do so I am a bit confused.I haven't visited either.I am still waiting for Edinburgh and the official UCAS offer from Manchester.I need to somehow magically get the grades.I need to stay positive.

:congrats: well done happy to hear :woo: happy to hear this :h: best of luck :rave:

Nice. I knew it would come eventually and Warwick gave you BBB. Looks like you won’t have to worry too much anymore. Now we just wait to get the offer for Edinburgh and we will see how we will go from there. Good luck and well done for getting those offers.
Nice. I knew it would come eventually and Warwick gave you BBB. Looks like you won’t have to worry too much anymore. Now we just wait to get the offer for Edinburgh and we will see how we will go from there. Good luck and well done for getting those offers.

Thank you.
Weekend has been an absolute disaster the weather is annoying me.It is incredibly windy.I nearly completed 1 maths specimen paper.I don't feel like it has been a successful day.I watched a movie with my mum called the boy who harnessed the wind which is based on real life.It is on Netflix in case anyone is interested.
I had a morning revision session at school so had to get in 1 hour early,The day went pretty quick, we are finished with all content in all my subjects and just doing revision.I only have confidence in my biology teacher then my maths teacher and I have the last confidence in my chemistry teacher.I am not sure whether my chemistry teacher knows what she is doing.We are her first ever chemistry a level class and the vast majority of class received D's and U's in their last mocks.I hope the internet works in school tomorrow because the computer rooms are completely filled and I ended up sitting next to a person who reeked of cigarettes it made me feel incredibly sick.
I had a morning revision session at school so had to get in 1 hour early,The day went pretty quick, we are finished with all content in all my subjects and just doing revision.I only have confidence in my biology teacher then my maths teacher and I have the last confidence in my chemistry teacher.I am not sure whether my chemistry teacher knows what she is doing.We are her first ever chemistry a level class and the vast majority of class received D's and U's in their last mocks.I hope the internet works in school tomorrow because the computer rooms are completely filled and I ended up sitting next to a person who reeked of cigarettes it made me feel incredibly sick.

It looks like it’s the final days. Hopefully you will do well revising. Don’t be too pressured about the exams. Spend time to control your fears or any doubts you may have. Revise efficiently and try to understand the content while you are going through it.
It looks like it’s the final days. Hopefully you will do well revising. Don’t be too pressured about the exams. Spend time to control your fears or any doubts you may have. Revise efficiently and try to understand the content while you are going through it.

I feel quite tired and like I am not putting in enough work compared to others.I know I shouldn't compare myself to others but it is so hard because they are getting amazing grades because they work hard while I know I am not getting such amazing grades because I don't work as hard and it is my fault.I have some action plan in my head but whether I stick to it we will see.Through out my a levels I have made so many action plans in my head I have lost count how many there were.
I feel quite tired and like I am not putting in enough work compared to others.I know I shouldn't compare myself to others but it is so hard because they are getting amazing grades because they work hard while I know I am not getting such amazing grades because I don't work as hard and it is my fault.I have some action plan in my head but whether I stick to it we will see.Through out my a levels I have made so many action plans in my head I have lost count how many there were.

That’s the fatigue which is pretty normal after revising and learning so much for the past two years. Don’t compare yourself to others. Only you would know how much work you have. Other people can work hard and revise all day long but at the end of the day, if they push themselves too hard, they will have a hard time going through the exam.

Don’t aim at working hard. Work efficiently. Find the best way to increase your productivity and spend less time getting distracted. It doesn’t mean working from morning to night. Just doing enough work with the time given. Taking breaks and gradually doing small tasks will help you produce better work and help you revise better.

This link should help:
https://www.activecampaign.com/blog/habits-of-highly-productive-people/

Don’t give up. Get yourself motivated and determined to pass your A Levels
(edited 5 years ago)
Good luck with your exams. Remember just a couple of weeks left and then 2 months off. Keep up the hard work! (These are some ppq for as and a2 biology and chemistry)
Biology:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YR...qwWPrewAO6sIPi

Chemistry:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...c3BGxs5_te_saa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending