The Student Room Group

What's something you like about yourself?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
That is an impressive character trait. Are you relax too when you are in a precarious living condition, say as a homeless person?

Dunno man, I've never been homeless so I can't answer that :smile:
I like that I think more logically than emotionally and can isolate myself from my emotions easily
(edited 5 years ago)
I like that I can give good advice and help people, usually strangers. I also like that I know my passion, which is to travel.

That took a long time for me to think of it...thanks for initiating me to do it. :smile:
Reply 23
I’m coming up blank.
Not a lot tbh appearance wise- but my height and my humour, I'm always laughing tbh
I think I'm quite funny.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I like how calm I can be during a confrontation. For example, if someone does me wrong and/or starts getting all up in my face, I can be dead calm and relaxed and not feel threatened or angry.

Teach me your ways
My charming British Accent.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Teach me your ways

Meditation my friend. Helps you be zen af :cool:
I dont really like anything about myself, think am quite horrible.
my eyelashes :smile: and my sense of humour
Meditation my friend. Helps you be zen af :cool:

How do I start?
My ability to laugh at and joke about all the things I hate about me.
Original post by CoolCavy
I dont really like anything about myself, think am quite horrible.

DON'T YOU DARE - YOU ARE A LOVELY CLEVER HUMAN BEING AND I WILL NOT HEAR THAT AGAINST YOU, UNDERSTAND ME GOOD XXXXX :heart::heart::heart: LOVE YOURSELF: IT'S NOT A SUGGESTION, IT'S AN ORDER
(edited 5 years ago)
Honestly there's nothing about myself that I can say I like, but what I can say is I definitely appreciate my own eyes. I've been told they look ugly, but I have perfect vision and there's a lot of people who don't have that - 100% of my immediate family for a start. There's a lot of people even whose vision is far from perfect. But not one person in the world's is much better than mine, so that's good - for me at least.

Then again people with poor eyesight can just put a pair of glasses on and then their vision becomes as good as mine as far as I'm aware, and their eyes are probably better looking than mine. So yeah, everything I've wrote above was a waste of time, but I've went to the effort now so this is getting posted anyway.
I make the most perfect poached eggs.
How do I start?

You being cereal bro? You genuinely wanna know?

Anyways Mr Bond, you're sigma af! You should already be chill in intense situations maaaannnn
You being cereal bro? You genuinely wanna know?

Anyways Mr Bond, you're sigma af! You should already be chill in intense situations maaaannnn

Yh definetly, I tried meditating once and it felt great, need to get back into it, I'll probably just start where I left off.

:yy:
Reply 38
I'm tenacious as ****, and it has served me really well in life. I suppose that's as good as my other offering in this thread. I think my dogged perseverance combined with straight-shooting has done ok for me.
Yh definetly, I tried meditating once and it felt great, need to get back into it, I'll probably just start where I left off.

:yy:

What I do is just sit and observe my breath. If any thoughts arise, I acknowledge them without judgement and then let them go, returning to the breath. Remember, you're the mountain, and thoughts are just clouds passing over head.

You could always check out some guided mindfulness meditations on le Yootoobz

Quick Reply

Latest