The Student Room Group

CAN I GET A*AA in 9 WEEKS

I have 9 weeks until my A level exams start; I messed up my mocks as i didnt revise. I need to get A*AA as that is my offer for law at bristol. Realistically can i do it? keep in mind i will be revising a lot every day and on weekends. However, theres a lot i need to cover, i do Politics, History and Classics and I dont know which one i can get an A* in. Am i done for?

Scroll to see replies

yes
Original post by dpboy00
I have 9 weeks until my A level exams start; I messed up my mocks as i didnt revise. I need to get A*AA as that is my offer for law at bristol. Realistically can i do it? keep in mind i will be revising a lot every day and on weekends. However, theres a lot i need to cover, i do Politics, History and Classics and I dont know which one i can get an A* in. Am i done for?
Reply 2
what did you get in your mocks?
Reply 3
yes as in im done for? or yes i can do it?
Original post by stokecity52
yes
I’ve seen people revise for 9 days and get very good grades. 9 weeks is plenty of time.
Original post by dpboy00

To be honest, it would be extremely hard to get A*AA in 9 weeks. Good grades come from hard work over a long period of time. That is what distinguishes between A* student and A student.
Original post by dpboy00
yes as in im done for? or yes i can do it?

If you revise proper with exam practice and all that, you got this.
Reply 7
Yes but that would require to break ALL your bad habits and switch to a very efficient student.
Reply 8
I'm in the same boat but need ABC to do maths at Leeds, need to get Economics from an E grade to a C grade... I'm sure it's possible if you really want it
Original post by dpboy00

You can get A's i think if you put in the graft...but A*s i dunno

Especially in art subjects where the content is voluminous and the amount of essays and essay planning required to get to a good standard talk less of an excellent standard for A*s.

More importantly what exactly were you doing before you sat the mocks? were you revising consistently or just sporadically?
9 weeks is a good chunk of time, the worst thing you can do is think that you are too far away from getting A*AA and give up. Just make sure you knuckle down, revise the way that helps you retain information, do one subject per day, don’t try to cram two different subjects in one revision session, if you have any mates on your course try to meet up with them and do a revision session together. As long as you put the time, effort, hard work and dedication in, you can do it.
Original post by xAikx
I'm in the same boat but need ABC to do maths at Leeds, need to get Economics from an E grade to a C grade... I'm sure it's possible if you really want it

You’re dumb. How can you get E in Economics? But don’t worry. You can easily get to C from E.
Reply 12
Original post by Dave_P2019
You’re dumb. How can you get E in Economics? But don’t worry. You can easily get to C from E.

By having to self teach myself Economics :smile: My college didn't offer it so I using one of those distance learning things. I study maths and further maths as well and getting A*A* in those :3
Reply 13
Thank you for the responses every one. Im a generally smart and bright student and i know im capable of top grades otherwise i wouldnt have applied to a place that needs A*AA. That being said i can be lazy and a huge procrastinator hence why ive practically coasted through my A levels. If anyone has any more tips or advice feel free to let me know.
Original post by xAikx
By having to self teach myself Economics :smile: My college didn't offer it so I using one of those distance learning things. I study maths and further maths as well and getting A*A* in those :3

That’s fair. I used to use one of those A-level Econ textbook - but they’re horrible. Videos on YouTube are much better.
Reply 15
Original post by Dave_P2019
That’s fair. I used to use one of those A-level Econ textbook - but they’re horrible. Videos on YouTube are much better.

I only need a C in it so I’m just trying to know enough to get by, I’ll be doing maths at uni so it doesn’t have any importance other than being a 3rd subject
Original post by xAikx
I only need a C in it so I’m just trying to know enough to get by, I’ll be doing maths at uni so it doesn’t have any importance other than being a 3rd subject

You’ll be fine. E to C is a small step. Good luck!
What are you working at right now would you say?

If you want it bad enough it’s possible for sure but that 1 A* is much more difficult.

In all likelihood 3 As might be enough anyway but I wouldn’t bank on that.
Reply 18
Plenty of time. It depends how efficiently you revise. Allocating tasks or objectives for each day can help in that regard.
Reply 19
You can do it.
Best revision technique here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV_Y8RGcaSM
Hope it helps :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest