The Student Room Group

Another stabbing in London

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/west-kensington-stabbing-male-in-his-teens-knifed-yards-from-tube-station-a4085691.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3qdTLfx-Hl85031ijHxzKjhVe1R6eOmzp1gBVS1kELVTBipECY32VBMdg#Echobox=1551975656

It’s become a common and unfortunate manner to lose ones life. Who is actually responsible for these atrocious killings?

I’m not talking about blaming anyone, I believe everyone has a role to play and we should be more concerned as to what London has recently become.

May all those who have passed away rest in peace and may they families be granted ease at such a grieful time.

Scroll to see replies

It depends.

Most of them are gang and drugs related. Gang members killing other gang members.

Some are non gang members in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And those that go Allahu Akbar” before smiting the necks of the disbelievers, on Westminster Bridge, or outside Parliament, are Muslims with a particular interpretation of the Koran.

Hope that helped?
Original post by generallee
It depends.

Most of them are gang and drugs related. Gang members killing other gang members.

Some are non gang members in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And those that go Allahu Akbar” before smiting the necks of the disbelievers, on Westminster Bridge, or outside Parliament, are Muslims with a particular interpretation of the Koran.

Hope that helped?

Everything’s destined to occur at a certain time right?

I don’t know about you, but this goes beyond gang and drug related issues. People are losing their lives over something that can be resolved in a peaceful manner.
Original post by MiszShorTea765
Everything’s destined to occur at a certain time right?

I don’t know about you, but this goes beyond gang and drug related issues. People are losing their lives over something that can be resolved in a peaceful manner.

Only if you believe in predestination!

To your second point I don’t have an answer. We ought to live in a peaceful society in which young people don’t knife each other to death, but it doesn’t seem achievable.
The media is certainly blowing this out of proportion now. ITV is bringing us breaking news of a teenager getting killed in London when last year it would have been barely reported on and certainly not as breaking news within an hour of it happening. And it is worth noting that we had more murders in London by this date last year than we do this year, so murders do seem to be going down in London, not up. But you wouldn’t think so by watching the coverage.
The media are a total joke, this is a case of it of course, but every day you see example after example of bias and absurd disproportion in the selection of news. Who takes it seriously, nowadays?

Working class black kids get stabbed every week, and it is as if it is not happening. A couple of middle class white kids get killed and the media’s heads explode.
Who’s responsible? Those doing the stabbing perhaps?
Original post by Andrew97

Yes, but what’s being done about these individuals? Are jail systems in the UK very lax as well as the sentences that these individuals are given as a result of their actions?
Its still safe here, just don't be an idiot and do not get affiliated with gangs. People are getting scared shitless and acting like its a war zone when in reality you are far safer living in London than majority of the other major world cities. The media is making a big deal out of it, but after living here all my life, stabbings and shootings are not new in London.
(edited 5 years ago)

they can't help it... the peer pressure and cutbacks force them to stab people

:rolleyes:
Yes, but what’s being done about these individuals? Are jail systems in the UK very lax as well as the sentences that these individuals are given as a result of their actions?

It costs money to house prisoners, the UK is all about finding the most economical solutions to all of it's problems, not the best. Then you have human rights folks saying punishing people is too harsh and that we should rehabilitate them instead.

Besides, there's only so much the courts can do.

It all starts from home and from birth. Anytime you hear stories of these teenagers that get knifed; there's always a deluded mother banging on about how "he was no angel but he was no criminal, he was going to go to university to study, he was volunteering at the local church". You take a closer look at he's hanging out in a culture that glorifies violence, even if he's not been caught himself yet. The parents have ZERO control over who their kids interact with and what they get up to.
Original post by Alexty28
Its still safe here, just don't be an idiot and do not get affiliated with gangs. People are getting scared shitless and acting like its a war zone when in reality you are far safer living in London than majority of the other major world cities. The media is making a bog deal out of it, but after living here all my life, stabbings and shootings are not new in London.

It’s all very well to keep your surroundings safe particularly in London, but it’s gone up it’s epidemic recently. It’s every day, that it occurs in multiple areas. That’s quite a high percentage.

It’s not a matter of being an ‘idiot’. It’s the fact that citizens of London are no longer being protected like they once were so people take the law amongst themselves. It’s ludicrous.
Its still safe here, just don't be an idiot and do not get affiliated with gangs. People are getting scared shitless and acting like its a war zone when in reality you are far safer living in London than majority of the other major world cities. The media is making a big deal out of it, but after living here all my life, stabbings and shootings are not new in London.

This. London is a heaven compared to places like Aleppo, Caracas, Bogota etc
This. London is a heaven compared to places like Aleppo, Caracas, Bogota etc

Lol London is heaven compared to places like Chicago XD

Even Birmingham has a higher murder rate than London, they just have fewer people. Already 9 dead there this year with 1/3 of the population. And most major Uk cities like manchester and Glasgow have similar murder rates, they just don’t get the same amount of converged in the media so people think London is some sort of cesspit when in fact it’s no worse than most major UK cities.

Putting people in prison or hiring more police officers costs a lot of money to the taxpayer and the cost of it isn’t really worth the tiny little decrease in stabbings.
Original post by akbar0123
Putting people in prison or hiring more police officers costs a lot of money to the taxpayer and the cost of it isn’t really worth the tiny little decrease in stabbings.

Where are the stats for your claims?

On top of that, what would you have done to murderers if you think prison is 'too expensive'.
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Where are the stats for your claims?

On top of that, what would you have done to murderers if you think prison is 'too expensive'.

You don’t need stats to know that hiring officers costs money, they’re not working for free are they? I think things are fine as they are.
Reply 18
Been a load of shootings round our parts over the past 4 or 5 months and they don't usually make national news. It's going mental everywhere.
Original post by akbar0123
You don’t need stats to know that hiring officers costs money, they’re not working for free are they? I think things are fine as they are.

So the police cuts don’t bother you? Fair enough tax money goes on such services(How else would it be run?) and it’s a ‘payback’ for those that do contribute but where is the sense of security today?

We’re losing more and more citizen to gun and knife crimes then anything else nowadays. I agree it’s not only in London, but surely it cannot continue like so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending