Does God exist?

Want to know your views. Here to debate

Scroll to see replies

yes and no

/thread
Reply 2
Original post by RarefiedBus

You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.
No, next
Original post by Ernst Rohm
If God didn't exist where would Chocolate cake come from checkmate atheist

What a powerful argument....you win
As far as I'm concerned, no. If they do, then they're a bit of a prick and I wouldn't want to associate with that anyway.
Well, he's not helping his case by doing anything to prove it if he does. Maybe he does exist but just doesn't know about us pathetic collections of space dust. Or maybe he does know about us and our suffering and just doesn't care, or even takes pleasure in it. In which case we still might as well live as if he doesn't exist.

Yes he does.
Original post by MiszShorTea765
Yes he does.

Doesn't he deserve a He?
Original post by harrysbar
Doesn't he deserve a He?

He deserves more than a capital letter. All praise is due to Allah.
But perhaps there are ways in which suffering can guide us in life. For example, how can we know what a good thing is when we cannot distinguish a good thing from a bad thing. It wouldn't teach us much about qualities of life.

Suffering does guide us in life. It's why we're even here - because we evolved the capacity to feel pain and remember it, that we may escape from what harms us, and in the future avoid the cause of that harm altogether.
Original post by MiszShorTea765
He deserves more than a capital letter. All praise is due to Allah.

But you didn't even give Him that.....
Original post by harrysbar
But you didn't even give Him that.....

Allah knows what’s in my heart.
Reply 13
Umm i stumbled upon this post and i questioned my existence. hmmm 0\
But perhaps there are ways in which suffering can guide us in life. For example, how can we know what a good thing is when we cannot distinguish a good thing from a bad thing. It wouldn't teach us much about qualities of life.
Reply 14
oooohhh i like this man
Original post by BigGunBen
Humans are not inherently good or evil, they are both. This is because we would need both malicious and compassionate aspects to survive in societies the way we have since the beginning of time. We can be punishing and ruthless when it comes to it in order to either protect ourselves or when we let anger over take us, yet that same physical side is what allows fathers to protect their daughters and soldiers defend their countries. And everything dies, even Jesus who was the perfect embodiment of good died, so the argument shouldn't be "our time is limited so therefore it's worthless" rather it should be "our time is limited so we should make the most of it to make it the best for ourselves and those around us". And those generations and generations of humans who have died have all contributed in a small way to make the world what it is today, for better and worse. And death has been happening since before humans with plants and dinosaurs or if you don't believe in that then with Cain and Abel which I could not believe was God's plan.

Your second paragraph is rather contradictory. You've said in your first one "humans are evil" (to summarise your point) yet in the second paragraph have said "if there is no God then everything is imperfect" (summary again) so you have seemingly said, humans are evil (your first point) therefore God must not exist because things aren't perfect" (your second point).

The fact that we can not rely on ourselves must mean we have to be good to each other, even though we do not want to, in order to survive. If we were perfectly self sufficient then there would be nothing to stop us destroying everything as we would not need it.

And cancer does exist, yet we are taking steps to cure it. We have already wiped out diseases like smallpox, which at one time was a very deadly disease which was killing many people. Yet humans cured it, even if they only did it for a financial reason, which is undeniably good. We have taken a disease away which was killing men, women and children and have bettered ourselves for it. And if saving the lives of innocent humans isn't intrinsically good, then I do not know what is.
Reply 15

Well i have a dad so yes??
Original post by ThePope_
stfu god no one asked you. im allowed to do what i want. if that means molesting 250,504 young boys then i can do that. you cant stop me

Gentlemen, please...
Reply 17
Original post by Wise77
You know what good is, if humans were really good, do you think they’d ever die? All humans are truly evil beings because all humans die someday. You know that the wages of sin is death. Humans are all obviously sin. The fact is out. If there’s no God, do you really believe that humans and their temporary existences are the most superior beings available? That humans keep dying, cycle after cycle, generation after generation and yet something keeps existence running smoothly. God is the one who has been alive since the beginning to ensure that everything happens as it should. Death has been happening since the beginning of human existence.

If there’s no God, it would mean that everything in existence is defective and imperfect. Obviously, you know that there are good things in existence. God is the force responsible for the good things.

Furthermore, do you realize that humans have to depend on something other than themselves to know how they look? A baby would never know his face if it weren’t for a mirror. You think God uses a freaking mirror to see himself? There’s evidence to show that humanity is not perfect and therefore is evil. Only good is perfect. Undeniable truth.

What powers do humans have? Produce feces, produce urine, produce sweat, have anus, repulsive body odors etc Humans are 100% imperfect and therefore are all evil.

Diseases like cancer exist to terminate humanity. Humans don’t have the power to defeat disease because they are bad and evil. The force of goodness put such things in place to ensure that evil continues to die.

Yes, evil still exists today, but one day, evil would have suffered sufficient killer blows to be deleted. Then all humanity would be dead in hell for eternity. This all means that God is working secretly at the helm, even though you can’t see him.

This is such a stupid argument. Everything there is simple biology and to stick it in as being evil is just insulting to the evolutionary process.
Why would a good being be immortal? What basis can you assert that?

Good and bad are are a construct. They are based on evolved morals and societal beliefs.

I pity humanity if this kind of thinking is what people really believe.
(edited 5 years ago)
The Abrahamic gods definitely aren’t real: they’re so obviously concocted by human beings and their holy books are replete with inconsistencies and errors.
I have no f//king clue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending