The Student Room Group

Vodafone Video Interview

Hi all, I've managed to land myself a video interview with Vodafone before I progress to a face to face interview.

Could anyone give me some advise if they have done this before?

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Binkyshy
Hi all, I've managed to land myself a video interview with Vodafone before I progress to a face to face interview.

Could anyone give me some advise if they have done this before?

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Yes I've done the video interview but this was a while back, the video interview is actually a pre-recorded one and there's about 4-5 questions to answer.

Do check out Glassdoor for more tips from recent applicants as a part of your research.
https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Vodafone-Interview-Questions-E5775.htm
Original post by UWS
Yes I've done the video interview but this was a while back, the video interview is actually a pre-recorded one and there's about 4-5 questions to answer.

Do check out Glassdoor for more tips from recent applicants as a part of your research.
https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Vodafone-Interview-Questions-E5775.htm

Great, thanks. :smile:
Hi there, I too have a video interview with HireVue for a vodafone position. Do you have any advice from your experience? Examples of questions asked? Thanks.
Original post by Anonyman12
Hi there, I too have a video interview with HireVue for a vodafone position. Do you have any advice from your experience? Examples of questions asked? Thanks.

Hi, I myself have a video interview with vodafone within the next 3 days. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what questions came up. It'd be so helpful to prepare with.

Thanks

UPDATE: Got a call from a lady in HR and said that I've passed the Video Interview stage and got a interview

UPDATE: 2: Back from the interview - Consisted of Competency Interview, Role Play and Short Presentation. Think it went well.

UPDATE 3: Got called from the same lady in HR, didn't get the spot in desired shop, however interview was good so forwarded to a nearby Vodafone shop, offered and secured the vacancy.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Federerr
Hi, I myself have a video interview with vodafone within the next 3 days. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what questions came up. It'd be so helpful to prepare with.

Thanks

Hi Federerr,

I hope your video interview went well, I too have 1 to complete, do you have any tips or info you could share? I'm applying for a level 4 apprenticeship with them.

Best of luck in your next stage

Mick
Original post by Happy_Guy
Hi Federerr,

I hope your video interview went well, I too have 1 to complete, do you have any tips or info you could share? I'm applying for a level 4 apprenticeship with them.

Best of luck in your next stage

Mick

Sure PM me :smile:
Reply 7
Hi Federerr,

I've got a video interview with Vodafone as I applied for their level 4 apprenticeship. It would very helpful if you could let me know which questions were asked. Thank you!
Reply 8
Hello all. I've applied for Vodafone's degree apprenticeship for 2019. Got a video interview soon. Would love any further tips or advice
Original post by MR52
Hello all. I've applied for Vodafone's degree apprenticeship for 2019. Got a video interview soon. Would love any further tips or advice

Cool, which degree apprenticeship? I'm applying for the digital marketing apprentice role.
Reply 10
Original post by MelTranfield
Cool, which degree apprenticeship? I'm applying for the digital marketing apprentice role.

Digital and technology solutions
Nice, I was going to apply but I think it requires STEM A levels.

Do you know which university is providing it?

Original post by MR52
Digital and technology solutions
Reply 12
Nice, I was going to apply but I think it requires STEM A levels.

Do you know which university is providing it?

Yes, it does require STEM A Levels. I'm not sure which university it's partnering with, sorry.
It says 'ideally a Maths related subject' but I guess it's not compulsory. Would really like to apply but may go for digital marketing.

Original post by MR52
Yes, it does require STEM A Levels. I'm not sure which university it's partnering with, sorry.
It says 'ideally a Maths related subject' but I guess it's not compulsory. Would really like to apply but may go for digital marketing.

You don't need to do a Maths qualification to apply. You only need to have an interest in IT. Having those qualifications would be most suitable for a computer science course, but not required. They do them with several universities such as QMUL, Exeter, etc.

I suggest you apply as I have several friends studying BTEC and they've already moved forwarded to the video interview. Don't blow this chance on doubts - apply.
Reply 15
Original post by LearnTechnology
You don't need to do a Maths qualification to apply. You only need to have an interest in IT. Having those qualifications would be most suitable for a computer science course, but not required. They do them with several universities such as QMUL, Exeter, etc.

I suggest you apply as I have several friends studying BTEC and they've already moved forwarded to the video interview. Don't blow this chance on doubts - apply.

Good advice
Try working for the company whilst you're studying if you can. Check on indeed every once in a while as vacancies do always pop up, also the pay for Vodafone in retail is amazing! Probably one of the best paid retail jobs. I'm currently studying computer science at one of the partnered Universities and work part time in a Vodafone branch Fri-Sun. I've asked my regional manager my chances of being fast tracked into one of the tech based Graduate Schemes and she told me to consider it done once i've graduated. Good to always have links and network. That being said, hopefully this shouldn't cause me to become complacent. Need to go get the 1st!!!

Hey, that's really great advice, thanks. I've not worked retail for Vodafone, those roles look pretty decent. So you're currently on the Digital Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship with Vodafone?

Original post by Federerr
Try working for the company whilst you're studying if you can. Check on indeed every once in a while as vacancies do always pop up, also the pay for Vodafone in retail is amazing! Probably one of the best paid retail jobs. I'm currently studying computer science at one of the partnered Universities and work part time in a Vodafone branch Fri-Sun. I've asked my regional manager my chances of being fast tracked into one of the tech based Graduate Schemes and she told me to consider it done once i've graduated. Good to always have links and network. That being said, hopefully this shouldn't cause me to become complacent. Need to go get the 1st!!!
Nope, I'm currently at Uni studying Computer Science. My future plan is to get into a Software Engineering graduate scheme in Vodafone.
Hey, that's really great advice, thanks. I've not worked retail for Vodafone, those roles look pretty decent. So you're currently on the Digital Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship with Vodafone?
Thank you so much for that inspiring advice! I think I will apply. The problem is if you apply through UCAS the unis will automatically reject you for the course if you don't have the right A levels, regardless of your personal statement and work experience/projects. My sister is doing a marketing apprenticeship at Bloomberg and applied to PwC's digital technology degree apprenticeship, but was rejected because she didn't have the right A levels.

What BTEC subjects were your friends studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending