The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

2019 Oxford DPhil in Education

Hello! Haven't really seen a post specific to the DPhil in Education programme as yet so here's one. Let's share our timelines (if you want) and connect over our mutual anxiety!

I'm applying to the Applied Linguistics strand and submitted my application just in time for the 25th Jan deadline. No interviews as yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I had an interview for the Dphil in education one week ago (20th Feb), haven't heard anything since then. How about you?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Heyyyy! Another applicant yayy.. Whom did you interview with? And how did it go?
Reply 3
Hey guys

I had my interview on the 18th of Feb and also waiting to hear something :smile: I’m in the Maths group.
Reply 4
Original post by serendeepity
Heyyyy! Another applicant yayy.. Whom did you interview with? And how did it go?

I saw you also got to GAO for Cambridge :smile: I got my acceptance into their PhD in Education too and would love to know which one (Cambridge or Oxford) you would prefer.
Original post by MsEdPhD
I saw you also got to GAO for Cambridge :smile: I got my acceptance into their PhD in Education too and would love to know which one (Cambridge or Oxford) you would prefer.

Congrats on getting accepted into Cantab!! That's fantastic news! Have you sorted funding yet? I think mine would ultimately depend on funding.
Reply 6
Congrats on getting accepted into Cantab!! That's fantastic news! Have you sorted funding yet? I think mine would ultimately depend on funding.

I’m also dependent on funding :frown: Being an international student makes things rather difficult.
Reply 7
Does anyone know how long are the interviews still going on?
Reply 8
Got my offer an hour ago!!! Holding thumbs for all of you guys.

No news on funding yet - have to wait till April 15th.

Good luck!!
Original post by MsEdPhD
Got my offer an hour ago!!! Holding thumbs for all of you guys.

No news on funding yet - have to wait till April 15th.

Good luck!!

WOHOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!! 🎊 🎊 🎊 🎉 🎉 🎉 So happy for you!

April 15th - is that the date they mentioned for funding decisions?
Reply 10
Thanks so much!!

Yup my letter said we should know funding outcomes by then :smile:
WOHOOOOO CONGRATULATIONS!! 🎊 🎊 🎊 🎉 🎉 🎉 So happy for you!

April 15th - is that the date they mentioned for funding decisions?
Guys, besides @MsEdPhD, how many of you have received an offer from the Department?

Are there still interviews going on?
Reply 12
I got my offer for DPhil Education (applied linguistics strand) on Thursday, so happy but so anxious to hear funding news. I will not be able to go without it
Original post by Hlkay
I got my offer for DPhil Education (applied linguistics strand) on Thursday, so happy but so anxious to hear funding news. I will not be able to go without it

Congrats!!!! I get the whole funding thing. Who's your supervisor?
So has anyone heard anything back about funding? Or any idea when we might possibly hear back?
Reply 15
I saw on the main thread that some people heard about Clarendon yesterday, in my interview they said we should hear mid-end March
Any news on fundings anyone? :smile:
So I just heard that Clarendon offers have started trickling out (unofficial sources from current DPhil students). Has anyone heard anything back?
Hey guys, this thread has been awfully quiet. I hope it's only because we're all busy etc and NOT because we haven't heard anything about funding.

I'm really hoping we all get funding. Looking at past year admission results, quite a bit of DPhil Ed students have been fortunate enough to get something.

Maybe that's my overly optimistic twin talking but I'd like to be hopeful in such situations. So how's it going for everyone else?

Also, anyone got into any colleges? I'm still waiting.
Reply 19
Just waiting and busying myself with other stuff :smile: Got accepted into Kellogg which was my old college - really happy! No news on funding though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending