The Student Room Group

UKMT IMC 2019 chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yt.shusshhhh
urgghh the answers have come out today on:
https://www.ukmt.org.uk/individual-competitions/intermediate-challenge/archive/
i am sooooo annoyed i got question 3 wrong! red squirrel question. i put 40000 but answer was 80000- anyone else made the same mistake?
The other answers were correct though i think- hopefully i marked the correct answer on the answer paper cause i didn't have time to check. So sad i can only get 88 marks max now - that's lower than last year!!!

yup, I did that too
Original post by imogen28
I think I got a couple of the 20-25 ones (well I answered without guessing lol) but there were two 1-15 that I couldn’t do (or at least not in the time) :lol:

it wasn't as bad as i thought! i ended up getting gold and kangaroo
Original post by iibantaclausii
it wasn't as bad as i thought! i ended up getting gold and kangaroo

Same but not by much :lol: I got 77 which was the same as my score last year :smile:
niceee! hopefully the kangaroo round will be good... i really want to do well
Same but not by much :lol: I got 77 which was the same as my score last year :smile:
niceee! hopefully the kangaroo round will be good... i really want to do well

We’ll see, I did pretty badly last year :oops:
but you'll have learnt more so this year will be better
We’ll see, I did pretty badly last year :oops:
but you'll have learnt more so this year will be better

That’s what I thought about the IMC but I got the exact same score :lol:
i was told the kangaroo is easier because it is divided into pink and grey so it depends on which one u got into but im really not sure. good luck tho, i hope u do well!
That’s what I thought about the IMC but I got the exact same score :lol:
i was told the kangaroo is easier because it is divided into pink and grey so it depends on which one u got into but im really not sure. good luck tho, i hope u do well!

No I think it depends on what year you’re in - I don’t know which way round it is but one is for year 9 and under and one is for year 10 and 11 so the year 10/11 one has slightly higher boundaries and is presumably harder. Good luck to you too!
do u know when it is?
No I think it depends on what year you’re in - I don’t know which way round it is but one is for year 9 and under and one is for year 10 and 11 so the year 10/11 one has slightly higher boundaries and is presumably harder. Good luck to you too!
do u know when it is?

Thursday 21st March :smile:
ooo 12 days to go...any revision tips?
Thursday 21st March :smile:
ooo 12 days to go...any revision tips?

Honestly I doubt I’ll do much if anything :lol: As much as I want to do well I sort of need to focus more on GCSEs and I’ve just done some more mocks and have my college interview on Monday so it’s not exactly my main priority. I guess all you can do is past papers though aha, not sure there’s much else that would help.
(edited 5 years ago)
Is anyone revising for the kangaroo round or just winging it? I winged the preliminary so I’m thinking I might just do it for kangaroo as well :tongue:
Original post by xx_clove
Is anyone revising for the kangaroo round or just winging it? I winged the preliminary so I’m thinking I might just do it for kangaroo as well :tongue:

I mean I did two past papers earlier but only because I couldn’t be bothered to revise anything else :lol: I winged it last year and did pretty badly but my scores on the past papers today weren’t too awful so hopefully it’ll go alright :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I mean I did two past papers earlier but only because I couldn’t be bothered to revise anything else :lol: I winged it last year and did pretty badly but my scores on the past papers today weren’t too awful so hopefully it’ll go alright :smile:

How was the kangaroo !
How was the kangaroo !

I don’t think it went too badly, I guessed the last 4 though :lol: I doubt I’ve done amazingly but I’m hoping I’ll have scraped a merit :smile: How was it for you?
(edited 5 years ago)
I don’t think it went too badly, I guessed the last 4 though :lol: I doubt I’ve done amazingly but I’m hoping I’ll have scraped a merit :smile: How was it for you?

How many questions did you do( not guess) ?I think it went better than all the other past papers I did because I did 19 questions and guessed the last 6. Hoping i'll get a merit too! Anyone know when the answers or score come out?xx
How many questions did you do( not guess) ?I think it went better than all the other past papers I did because I did 19 questions and guessed the last 6. Hoping i'll get a merit too! Anyone know when the answers or score come out?xx

I completely guessed the last 4 and one or two of the first 16 and then had some educated guesses :lol: I think the answers don’t come out until a month after the challenge for the kangaroo so I guess the scores will be some point after that :smile:
How was the kangaroo !

Do you know how you did? Don’t have my score yet but I got a merit somehow and the boundary was 90 so very happy with that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending