The Student Room Group

Amazon helps out in the stabbing crisis

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Palmyra
Knife crime is at a decade-long high (at the very least) and your response is to "stop crying". Go tell that to the families of the 132 individuals murdered in London last year alone.

What a moron.

people stabbing people who are tryna stab them?

oh noo how innocent they are!!
Original post by jameswhughes
I'm happy for blacks to go around killing each other, the problem is when they start stabbing non blacks.

:colonhash:

The knife "crisis" is mainly due to gang rivalry. It's very unlikely that you'd get stabbed if you haven't been involved in dodgy business, regardless of your colour.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Obolinda

The knife "crisis" is mainly due to gang rivalry. It's very unlikely that you'd get stabbed if you haven't been involved in dodgy business, regardless of your colour.

Indeed and .....
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5833634&page=3#post82238480
Reply 44
What are you showing me?

Sorry, was meant to be a direct link to Post #76 in that thread but it does not seem to take you there. Anyway, see#76
Original post by viffer
Sorry, was meant to be a direct link to Post #76 in that thread but it does not seem to take you there. Anyway, see#76

Oh ok. I mostly agree with the post, although I don't know how this is of direct relevance to my post.
Reply 46
Oh ok. I mostly agree with the post, although I don't know how this is of direct relevance to my post.

I would have thought that the demographics of most gangs and where they are located might be relevant to your post. But what do I know?
(edited 5 years ago)

I had a burglar (black) last year and almost had my phone stolen by a pair of blacks who came up to me on a moped last year.

If they want to kill each other, then that's fine, but other people shouldn't be brought into it.
Original post by viffer
Do you have any data on the demographics of most gangs and where they are located?

No, I don't have any data. I also don't have any interest in seeking out. I live in area where there is a lot of gang violence. They are mostly young black males.
Reply 49
No, I don't have any data. I also don't have any interest in seeking out. I live in area where there is a lot of gang violence. They are mostly young black males.

Amended the post you quoted but sorry for engaging in a discussion with you.
I had a burglar (black) last year and almost had my phone stolen by a pair of blacks who came up to me on a moped last year.

If they want to kill each other, then that's fine, but other people shouldn't be brought into it.

I'm sorry that happened to you but this doesn't dispute my point, the knife violence "crisis" is mostly due to gang rivalry.

I'm not "fine", with ppl killing each other, I understand why you're indifferent to it tho. Especially as there are factors which may influence them into joining gangs. But it still stands, if you don't get involved in dodgy stuff, it's very unlikely you'll be stabbed to death.
Original post by viffer
Amended the post you quoted but sorry for engaging in a discussion with you.

It's fine
Reply 52
lol this tread is so stupid, there is nothing you can do to ban knives, even if you somehow banned and removed every single knife in the UK and made everyone cut their food with spoons, knifes and sharp objects are incredibly easy to make. You can't baby proof a country. Imo I would just use a sharp kitchen knife and weld on some stoppers onto the handle so my hands don't slip onto the blade. Buying off Amazon just leaves a digital paper trail which is a pretty stupid thing to do.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

I have an Opinel knife in my bedside table, it is really handy.
That must be some Tesco, offering a range of hundreds of obviously aimed-at-people 'hunting' knives.

There are some website that actually dedicate themselves to selling knives :headfire:

https://www.heinnie.com/knives-and-tools
Reply 55
I'm happy for blacks to go around killing each other, the problem is when they start stabbing non blacks.

bit racist innit
The availability of knives on Amazon likely plays no part in the rate of knife crime. You can get a knife anywhere. Go into any kitchen drawer.

Knives haven't suddenly become more accessible. There are more restrictions on their sale now than ever. It's not what's causing the problem, however, so further restricting the sale of already common household items isn't going to do jack squat except inconvenience law abiding citizens.

If you're some gangbanger in inner-city London, you're hardly relying on Amazon for your stabbing needs.

Amazon isn't at fault.
Reply 57
And why would normal people want training knives and guns?

Maybe they practice martial arts, maybe they enjoy collecting such things, maybe they just aren't content with being as "normal" as you are. Why does it matter? They aren't weapons and can't be used as weapons (and are in fact specifically designed not to cause harm), that's the end of it. I can walk into any hardware store or garden centre and buy far more deadly weapons, so I eagerly await your next hysterical thread about how B&Q is contributing to violent crime.

This is a typical, ignorant attitude I have come to expect from certain elements in the increasingly sheltered, urban population. You seem to forget there is actually a world beyond the confines of your crime ridden, concrete hellscapes. These knives you have linked to, almost none of them are weapons and were not designed to be used as such. They are tools and you would know the benefits of owning a tool such as a strong, fixed bladed knife if you have ever spent any amount of time in the countryside living and working on the land, in farming, landscaping, forestry, conservation etc, or if you have have been involved in any popular rural pursuits such as bushcraft, bodging/green woodworking, fishing or shooting. These knives have their legitimate uses and I don't see why the law abiding majority who use them for these legitimate purposes should be inconvenienced or criminalised because a handful of 'aspiring rappers' in the inner cities can't seem to restrain themselves from stabbing one another.

P.S, it's Ironic really that your original post reads like a sensationalist Daily Mail article, knowing how much you love the Mail....
(edited 5 years ago)
You have to laugh that Amazon demand a signature to prove that you are over 18 to collect one of these.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ontario-Knife-Company-Unisexs-Chimera/dp/B00R6O10VG/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=knives&qid=1552141843&rnid=1642204031&s=sports&sr=1-20

Yes a signature for that is a little over the top but then how would Ray Mears and Scouts get their ridiculously expensive outdoor knifes?

And why would normal people want training knives and guns?

because they are normal people not the paranoid or tabloid writers.
It weird that there are only rubber nunhucks on Amazon when they sell proper knives.
There are plenty of fun ones like the LED display variants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7uoNveBMAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQJZrHSrL7Y

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending