The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I feel abandoned and nobody cares about me

Everyone seem to be ignoring me and I don't know what to do. I mean on TSR. Yeah I know that they have their own life and all. But they are are well aware that I need them. I feel confused and lost and I need guidance, I feel really anxious. Everyone keeps on ignoring my PMs and I know that they are online.
Do they not want to help me?
Oh I feel abandoned and sooo confused.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
:console:

Aww.
Thank u soo much.
Really nice of u.
Haha very funny everyone feels the same buddy that’s how the world works
In what way are they ignoring u? If u wanna talk to peeps try post stuff and opinions on the latest feeds.
Don't worry i'm pretty sure they are probs just busy hope u feel better soon !!! :wink: :smile:
Original post by #love2learn
Everyone seem to be ignoring me and I don't know what to do. I mean on TSR. Yeah I know that they have their own life and all. But they are are well aware that I need them. I feel confused and lost and I need guidance, I feel really anxious. Everyone keeps on ignoring my PMs and I know that they are online.
Reply 5
We all struggle with this from time to time, some more than others. I recommend unplugging and calling home on the phone or a close friend in real life. I know all this is easier said than done: but go for a walk, read a book you love, throw yourself into your schoolwork, and maybe see a therapist. Talking to a third party can be really helpful.
Yeah thanks guys.
I just needed to let it out.
It's Gucci !! :cool::smile::biggrin:
Yeah thanks guys.
I just needed to let it out.
Original post by won.of.a.kind
It's Gucci !! :cool::smile::biggrin:

Sure.

What do you need? Maybe we can help here.

I know it is sad that we live in very messed up society atm. People complain about loneliness and lack of connection, but we don't seem to want to be connecting with one another.
Hi :smile: I feel a bit lonely when I'm not at work sometimes
Original post by Wired_1800
What do you need? Maybe we can help here.

I know it is sad that we live in very messed up society atm. People complain about loneliness and lack of connection, but we don't seem to want to be connecting with one another.

No it's fine thanks.
I have had a rough week and people have been advising me and helping me choose the right direction.
Original post by hello_shawn
Hi :smile: I feel a bit lonely when I'm not at work sometimes

Hey,
Yeah I understand.
Reply 13
Bless i hope things get better for you and dont ever think you are alone you are not
You got germs surrounding everywhere, annoying birds flying around, little insects outside and your family :smile:
Original post by Jasyy
Bless i hope things get better for you and dont ever think you are alone you are not
You got germs surrounding everywhere, annoying birds flying around, little insects outside and your family :smile:

Yeah.
Thanks

If you feel abandoned and confused because some rando's on a website aren't answering your PMs, that suggests the issue might be with you. Could be borderline personality disorder, or could be you're trying to use this public expression of grief to guilt them in to responding to you.

Either way, I'd seek professional help. Either to help you work through your abandonment issues or deal with your attention seeking behaviour.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
If you feel abandoned and confused because some rando's on a website aren't answering your PMs, that suggests the issue might be with you. Could be borderline personality disorder, or could be you're trying to use this public expression of grief to guilt them in to responding to you.

Either way, I'd seek professional help. Either to help you work through your abandonment issues or deal with your attention seeking behaviour.

Bit of a leap. I have BPD and you need 5 out of 9 criteria. Worrying over someone not pming you isn't the same. Yes it can be a part of it but you need other parts.
Original post by ThatOldGuy

Look i'm not trying to get attention.
U don't get it.
Don't make me feel bad about myself even more.
I have counselor but for a family situation not for this and i don't need one for this.
It's hard to explain.
Original post by CoolCavy
Bit of a leap. I have BPD and you need 5 out of 9 criteria. Worrying over someone not pming you isn't the same. Yes it can be a part of it but you need other parts.

Hence the 'Could be'. He could just be engaging in attention seeking behaviour and emotional manipulation.
Look i'm not trying to get attention.
U don't get it.
Don't make me feel bad about myself even more.
I have counselor but for a family situation not for this and i don't need one for this.
It's hard to explain.

Don't worry about it, you can't be diagnosed with BPD at 15 anyway so try to get that out of your mind.

Latest