The Student Room Group

Studying and revision

am really worried i might fail my GCSEs and whenever i try to revise i get distracted or sometimes off track can someone help plss
Reply 1
Original post by zackyboi2018
am really worried i might fail my GCSEs and whenever i try to revise i get distracted or sometimes off track can someone help plss

What are your grades atm from mocks and what are your gaps? :smile:
Have you tried making a revision table? I use them because then i know that i need to revise and anything that distracts you place them in the other side of the house and after a short period of revision reward yourself so it doesn't seem much of a hard thing to revise. I'm doing my GCSEs this year to, and we only have just under 3 months left so try you best to stop the distractions and then you can have a long relaxing summer knowing you've tried your best.
Hope this helps :smile:
thx i will try to make a timetable and i also hope you also have a a relaxing summer as well ^.^
English Language - 4
Maths - 3
Science combined - 4
media - 2
RE - 3
History - 5
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
What are your grades atm from mocks and what are your gaps? :smile:
Reply 5
English Language - 4
Maths - 3
Science combined - 4
media - 2
RE - 3
History - 5

What year group are you in?

History: Focus on securing the knowledge for the content covered and do some exam practice. I can help with this in terms of general exam techniques.

Maths: More practice is needed and you can always Google for resources.

Sciences: FreeScienceLessons on YouTube is recommended.

English: Mr Bruff/Stacey Reay on YouTube are recommended.
i am in year 11
thx for the recommendation i appreciate it
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
What year group are you in?

History: Focus on securing the knowledge for the content covered and do some exam practice. I can help with this in terms of general exam techniques.

Maths: More practice is needed and you can always Google for resources.

Sciences: FreeScienceLessons on YouTube is recommended.

English: Mr Bruff/Stacey Reay on YouTube are recommended.
thx i will try to make a timetable and i also hope you also have a a relaxing summer as well ^.^

I’ve just seen your maths grade is a 3, mine is too but I’m incredibly close to a 4. I recommend doing many past papers (1/2 a week) and get them marked. Also I use websites which are; maths watch, Corbett maths (they do really good revision cards!), primrose kitten (for maths and science) also maths bot (gives you loads of questions and answers). I hope this helps!
yh it does
like should i focus on a calculated paper more than the non calculated paper
Original post by isabellewalker15
I’ve just seen your maths grade is a 3, mine is too but I’m incredibly close to a 4. I recommend doing many past papers (1/2 a week) and get them marked. Also I use websites which are; maths watch, Corbett maths (they do really good revision cards!), primrose kitten (for maths and science) also maths bot (gives you loads of questions and answers). I hope this helps!
yh it does

I recommend so becuase I find the calculator easier as I feel the intensity of the questions is harder on the calculator. Yes maybe try do more calculators but just as well focus on the non calculator as this will give you an overall better mark. If you need any other advice or tips I’ll be sure to help you if you need it as I’m doing my GCSEs this year too 😀
I recommend focusing on the calculator more as this is normally the harder paper but also work on the non calculator as these have more ardent wordy questions so try do a mixture each week. Also anything you don’t understand ask!! I’ve learnt that you need to ask! I hope this is ok for you and if you need anymore help please ask:smile:
yh it does
Same I need help please
Is there any way I can help? 😀
Original post by AngelStarfire
Same I need help please
Original post by isabellewalker15
Is there any way I can help? 😀

Yes please (>_< ) For GCSEs have you done Geography or Religious Studies? If yes how'd you revise for them please.

Also for English Lit I truly don't know where to start with revision. What do you recommend I do?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes i am studying goegraphy at GCSE. I use flash cards/quizlet/tinycards to make notes for the case studies and formations (eg. glaciers, river landforms) and then for the rest i make flashcards or i will write it out on to mind maps and stick them around my house. I also use TES to find free geography resources. https://www.tes.com/resources/search/?q=GCSE%20geography
For English lit i just try aim to do 3/4 poetry questions a week and make flashcards on the key themes of the poem. By completing these and many questions using my booklet it helps. Also try Mr Bruff English https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mr+bruff (this is good for revising what each poem is about, lang techniques) on youtube or Mr Salles English again on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEB4IwW-eVk9SxHBIGhrY3w (he helps with getting good grades and with Macbeth, Inspector calls and all needed books).

Hope this gives you the help you needed!
Original post by AngelStarfire
Yes please (>_< ) For GCSEs have you done Geography or Religious Studies? If yes how'd you revise for them please.

Also for English Lit I truly don't know where to start with revision. What do you recommend I do?

Quick Reply

Latest