The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Royal college of arts 2019?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone applying for Information Experience Design or have had an interview yet? I wonder what the white city campus is like!
Reply 21
Hi, so I had my interview last week for MA Sculpture. It was short, only 15 mins. They had my portfolio open on the screen and asked quite standard questions like why I want to do the MA (within that I answered why it's the right time in my career, and expanded on some things I've done since my BA; why I want to specifically do sculpture, and why I chose the RCA over other schools). They asked me to talk about one particular work from my portfolio, then asked me about influences, political/philosophical ideas surrounding my practice.

They were very stony-faced, not giving any emotion away, so I honestly couldn't tell how well it went. I hadn't heard after a week, so I just dropped an email to the course admin to ask how long I'd wait (last year my friend waited 10 weeks to hear because there was a huge delay in the registry), and I heard back the next day with my offer letter!

One main thing I've been told from everyone I've asked about interview tips: Just be honest. They don't want you to try to be anyone apart from you. If you can be constructively self-critical, I think they will warm to you because it displays a self-awareness which is obv important for any fine art discipline and will reflect the way you need to be addressing problems in your work in studio crits.
Original post by _MA21
Anyone applying for Information Experience Design or have had an interview yet? I wonder what the white city campus is like!

Sorry this isn't entirely relevant, but I too would like to connect with people studying at White City! I've been offered a place on the Animation course. I really liked the campus, and they have an ethos in the studio where you share one huge room, so you are sat amongst people from other courses. and through that everyone can learn a lot from each other.

I hope your application goes well!
Reply 23
Original post by themitten
Sorry this isn't entirely relevant, but I too would like to connect with people studying at White City! I've been offered a place on the Animation course. I really liked the campus, and they have an ethos in the studio where you share one huge room, so you are sat amongst people from other courses. and through that everyone can learn a lot from each other.

I hope your application goes well!

Thanks!! Did you feel as though it was a bit isolated at white city or did it seem like students went to the Kensington campus frequently and were part of all the projects and activities going on there?
Original post by _MA21
Thanks!! Did you feel as though it was a bit isolated at white city or did it seem like students went to the Kensington campus frequently and were part of all the projects and activities going on there?

It didn't feel particularly 'isolated'. They are not a bad location for the courses they offer, being in a media-centered part of london. I did ask specifically in my interview about cross campus opportunities as a student because I get what you mean, you do kind of want to be a part of all of the things floating about at the RCA as a whole. I came from Fine Art, so I think those ideas are still really important and would love to attend lectures and so on around artistic thinking and practice, and not just media-focused things. Anyway, the answer when I asked was that, from the RCA's perspective, it is highly encouraged to attend events and lectures and so on regardless of campus, and they do have a huge ethos of cross pollination of ideas and experiences. Events happen all the time, and my interviewer said there is 'no shortage' of things to get involved with, and that you wouldn't sleep if you attended everything they had to offer, which sounds promising. It was really hard to gauge how much that actually happened though. I guess it depends on how much each student is interested in journeying to the other campuses. Sadly I didn't ask any students about that aspect, but it sounds like the opportunity is there if you want to take it.
Hi there,
I have applied to the Photography Ma on the 31 January deadline. I havent heard back yet. I have sent them an email but just worried.
Has anyone heard back yet from that deadline on ?
Hi , when did dyou apply ?
Original post by ga0ii
Has anyone applied for Interior Design and had interview already??
Reply 27
Hello guys! I've applied, interviewed for and accepted in MA Painting 2019, decided to go, would really love to connect to students who are also going this year, we can chat everything or show each other portfolios, even find places to live.
Reply 28
I've just accepted the MSc/MRes Healthcare and Design which is a joint course between Imperial and RCA!

Would likewise be good to connect with other students going this year :smile:
Reply 29
Hello, I applied by the extended deadline (due to the college-wide power failure affecting the servers) & had my interview last week. Have you heard back yet?

Original post by lauramaria1395
Hi there,
I have applied to the Photography Ma on the 31 January deadline. I havent heard back yet. I have sent them an email but just worried.
Has anyone heard back yet from that deadline on ?
Reply 30
Hi! I've applied for Service Design as well. I did my interview a week ago, and haven't heard anything yet. I'm super nervous!
Reply 31
Hey! so I applied in January for the MA painting program and had my interview in February (which I did NOT feel good about). I haven't yet been accepted or rejected from that program but I got a weird email saying I was offered a place in their graduate diploma program, which I did not apply for... did this happen to anyone else? I haven't gotten a response from the school to the email I sent last week and its giving me major anxiety.
Reply 32
Original post by MagCS
Hey! so I applied in January for the MA painting program and had my interview in February (which I did NOT feel good about). I haven't yet been accepted or rejected from that program but I got a weird email saying I was offered a place in their graduate diploma program, which I did not apply for... did this happen to anyone else? I haven't gotten a response from the school to the email I sent last week and its giving me major anxiety.

That means they did not accept you to the MA program, but think you might have an interest in a graduate diploma program, I've got a similar offer from SAIC before, they do this to students who are competitive and generally good, but somewhat didn't meet their standard. Don't panic if they didn't respond to your email, they have been busy for quite a while because it's about time for the seniors to graduate, and the admission process is not ended yet :smile:
Hi 👋 I had my interview yesterday and was given an informal offer via email right away. I am just waiting for the registry’s acceptance letter. I was told that due to easter break, they might take awhile to send out my offer letter. I applied for MA Digital Direction. Would love to meet students going in the same course or the White City campus.
Reply 34
Hi! guys! I have applied to the Interior Design Ma on the 31 March deadline.It has been about three weeks, but I have not received any emails related to the interview. Has anyone heard back yet from that deadline on ?
Reply 35
I applied MA photography on 26 Feb and attended an interview on 6 April, then received an offer on 9. If you receive the offer, will you go?
Hello everybody ! I had my interview last week and was just given an informal offer via email today ! I applied for MA Visual Communication (Graphic Design). Are there other people who have received an offer for this MA? :smile:
Hi! I'll also be studying at White City, but in Animation. Will you be in the big shared studio too?
Original post by atlantadg
Hi 👋 I had my interview yesterday and was given an informal offer via email right away. I am just waiting for the registry’s acceptance letter. I was told that due to easter break, they might take awhile to send out my offer letter. I applied for MA Digital Direction. Would love to meet students going in the same course or the White City campus.
Hi! I'm currently studying BA Visual Communication at Leeds Art University and I'm thinking of applying to RCA MA Visual com in graphic after I graduate in 2020. Although RCA is my top pick but I'm still very indecisive about my choices (Kingston, UAL, Glasgow) and wether if this is right for me, considering coming from a very multidisciplinary background.

I would be helpful if you could tell me a bit about why you wanted to apply your MA to RCA and congratulation on your offer :smile:
Original post by Anastasiaarj
Hello everybody ! I had my interview last week and was just given an informal offer via email today ! I applied for MA Visual Communication (Graphic Design). Are there other people who have received an offer for this MA? :smile:
Reply 39
I envy you... I applied fot MRes course on the dead line of March, and I interviewed the first week of April... However, I didn't receive the result still now. I sent e-mail admission team and MRes staff who sent e-mail to me due to Skype schedule of interview just chekced it and didn't answer my question about the result whether reject or nor... I hope to listen the result ASAP !:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending