The Student Room Group

GCSE Revison

I hate revision, I dislike Education, I find subjects boring but I still want to achieve High Grades, I want to achieve high in certain subjects

How do I make myself revise, learn and achieve

How do I get myself to follow my routine?

How do I make revison fun?

How do I stick to a time that I will revise for?

Please Help
There is no magic formula, figure out how much content you have to revise, divide it by how long you have left and just organise how much to revise each day, leaving room for past papers.
Seneca is helpful for those who don't like revising but using that by itself if going to get you 5s maximum, try practising higher end questions along with watching youtube videos
Reply 3
How do I make revision Fun?
Original post by TheNamesBond.
There is no magic formula, figure out how much content you have to revise, divide it by how long you have left and just organise how much to revise each day, leaving room for past papers.
Reply 4
Thanks, I don't think I'm aiming for a High C (Strong Pass)
Original post by tanteseo
Seneca is helpful for those who don't like revising but using that by itself if going to get you 5s maximum, try practising higher end questions along with watching youtube videos
Original post by Huz05
How do I make revision Fun?

Make it active - try and see whether you are a kinetic, visual or auditory learner, that may help.
Whilst doing past papers will give you the best chance of doing well in the subjects, you could also try some online resources, teaching others is supposed to help and could be fun (really depends on the person and subject you're teaching). At the end of the day, it's more of an experimental thing, what I or someone else might find fun for revision, you may find mind-numbingly boring so I really can't give you a straight answer on that. All the best mate
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Thanks Bro, :biggrin:

Original post by XKangaotiCX
Make it active - try and see whether you are a kinetic, visual or auditory learner, that may help.
Whilst do past papers will give you the best chance of doing well in the subjects, you could also try some online resources, teaching others is supposed to help and could be fun (really depends on the person and subject you're teaching). At the end of the day, it's more of an experimental thing, what I or someone else might find fun for revision, you may find mind-numbingly boring so I really can't give you a straight answer on that. All the best mate

Quick Reply

Latest