The Student Room Group

Does it sound like she’s over me?

I know I’ve already asked about this a couple times, but I really don’t want t let go of this if I might have a chance.

Long story short is that five years ago, I ghosted her. I genuinely loved her, and I did it for selfish reasons, without realising how much it would affect her.

I got in touch with her recently. I didn’t even think she would respond.

She said a lot of things, but what stood out was this:

”All the feelings I felt have come back since you got in touch. It affected me badly back then, and it still does now”

And

”I like the idea of us doing something together, but I’m afraid of the result”.
Reply 1
I'm a girl so it doesn't sound like she's over you she just seems like she still loves u but shes really hurt. I think it will take time if u decide to be in a relationship with her because it sounds like shes really really hurt. But if u love her you should make it up to her even if it takes time for her not to be hurt and to trust u and to make sure ur gonna stick around.
Oh man, it's freaky how similar your story is to mine, if you hadn't said you contacted her, I'd believe I was the girl you're talking about! (since he hasn't contacted me)
Well anyway, I have read your previous post about this and, being in the position of this girl, I think you should continue to try and fix things with her. She obviously still loves you but is hurt and unsure about this.
Though I'd say, know and be sure of how you feel towards her and where you want this relationship to go before risking hurting her (and subsequently yourself) again and perhaps losing her trust for good.. When you've done that,
Make yourself clear. Express exactly how you see her and where you want your relationship to go. And if for any reason she decides she's not up for it, at least you'll have had closure, and be able to move on with no regrets.
Good Luck, and please do let us know how it goes.
Reply 3
Original post by sallythehuman
Oh man, it's freaky how similar your story is to mine, if you hadn't said you contacted her, I'd believe I was the girl you're talking about! (since he hasn't contacted me)
Well anyway, I have read your previous post about this and, being in the position of this girl, I think you should continue to try and fix things with her. She obviously still loves you but is hurt and unsure about this.
Though I'd say, know and be sure of how you feel towards her and where you want this relationship to go before risking hurting her (and subsequently yourself) again and perhaps losing her trust for good.. When you've done that,
Make yourself clear. Express exactly how you see her and where you want your relationship to go. And if for any reason she decides she's not up for it, at least you'll have had closure, and be able to move on with no regrets.
Good Luck, and please do let us know how it goes.

How can you tell she love(d) me?

I never really knew how she felt about me, even before.

I know I want her. I know I still desire and adore her. Hell, I might still love her as much as I did before.
if you really love her and she loves you than it proves there is going to be a second chance for both of you to be together but my advice is that you treat her with the respect she deserves.
Reply 5
Original post by krevans
I'm a girl so it doesn't sound like she's over you she just seems like she still loves u but shes really hurt. I think it will take time if u decide to be in a relationship with her because it sounds like shes really really hurt. But if u love her you should make it up to her even if it takes time for her not to be hurt and to trust u and to make sure ur gonna stick around.

How can you tell she loves me or ever loved me? She never said it to me...
Reply 6
Not all girls say it because they are scared especially of rejection and they usually wait for the guy to say it because they r scared and terrified.
Original post by Anonymous
How can you tell she loves me or ever loved me? She never said it to me...
I know I’ve already asked about this a couple times, but I really don’t want t let go of this if I might have a chance.

Long story short is that five years ago, I ghosted her. I genuinely loved her, and I did it for selfish reasons, without realising how much it would affect her.

I got in touch with her recently. I didn’t even think she would respond.

She said a lot of things, but what stood out was this:

”All the feelings I felt have come back since you got in touch. It affected me badly back then, and it still does now”

And

”I like the idea of us doing something together, but I’m afraid of the result”.

It sounds like she's willing to give you a chance.. Obviously it might be a bit tough given that she probably doesn't trust you as much. However, you can ease her into it if you're genuine. Good luck x.
Reply 8
It sounds like she's willing to give you a chance.. Obviously it might be a bit tough given that she probably doesn't trust you as much. However, you can ease her into it if you're genuine. Good luck x.

If you’re right, that she may be open to giving me a second chance, I would be the happiest man alive.

Without sounding too dramatic, I think she’s the one - she’s always been the one. I think that’s the reason why ghosting her didn’t work and I never moved on from her.

I know I need to show her she can trust me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending