The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB PGCE Applicants 2019

Hi everyone!

Thought that I would make a post for the 2019 PGCE applicants as I haven't been able to find one.

So what subject did you apply for and what are you studying/doing at the moment?

I've applied for Science (Physics) and I'm currently finishing up my PhD in Astrophysics (stressful times!!).

Scroll to see replies

im going to do Social Science Research Mres I have been accepted and start next september.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by rbooth93
Hi everyone!

Thought that I would make a post for the 2019 PGCE applicants as I haven't been able to find one.

So what subject did you apply for and what are you studying/doing at the moment?

I've applied for Science (Physics) and I'm currently finishing up my PhD in Astrophysics (stressful times!!).

Hi , I applied for PGCE Maths.
I graduated in june 2017 and have been working full time for just over a year.
Had my interview last monday so just have to wait and see now.
Have you had yours yet?
Reply 3
Original post by sean1996
Hi , I applied for PGCE Maths.
I graduated in june 2017 and have been working full time for just over a year.
Had my interview last monday so just have to wait and see now.
Have you had yours yet?

Hi!! I haven't heard anything from the PGCE application apart from when it passed the initial check.

The last time I applied before my PhD I didn't hear anything until after Christmas so I'm going to give them until mid-January before I start to get worried!!

This is the thing I hate most about the PGCE process - the waiting!!
Has anyone heard if they got in to a PGCE?
Reply 5
Original post by Dearbhla nugent
Has anyone heard if they got in to a PGCE?

Actually I'm interviewing for Science this Thursday!! They seemed to have a delay in organising the panel so hence why the interview is so late. I'm hoping to ask when we should expect to hear, my best guess will be April at the earliest!

Have you had your interview and what subject for?
Reply 6
Hello, has anyone heard anything from QUB PGCE yet?
Reply 7
Still nothing from my side! They have to wait until the Department for Education gives them exact numbers for how many students they are allowed. Therefore, they won't be giving out any offers until that happens.When I interviewed in March, they said a couple of months so it could be May before we know!
Hey anyone heard anything? Do we get notified through the application portal?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey, I’ve also applied to QUB PGCE! Done my interview in December but still haven’t heard anything! I think we get notified through the portal and then a letter follows....hopefully we will hear something soon!
What subject did you apply for Amy?
I applied for computing and ICT :smile: what about you?
Original post by kellz_888
What subject did you apply for Amy?
RE
Original post by Amy_rocks13
I applied for computing and ICT :smile: what about you?
Reply 13
I’m still waiting to hear back ( science ) but my friend who applied for maths contacted the course coordinator and he informed her there was an admin issue and offers have been released. So perhaps contact the school and find out.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi all! I applied for English and had my interview in December. I know that Ulster have started sending out offers so hopefully soon!
Original post by Poc_18
I’m still waiting to hear back ( science ) but my friend who applied for maths contacted the course coordinator and he informed her there was an admin issue and offers have been released. So perhaps contact the school and find out.

It probably varies a little depending on the specific subject :smile: in a way no news may be not so bad news as there's probs waiting lists etc :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Amy_rocks13
Hey, I’ve also applied to QUB PGCE! Done my interview in December but still haven’t heard anything! I think we get notified through the portal and then a letter follows....hopefully we will hear something soon!

Yep, they'll probably send us an email first and that will show on the portal, then we'll get a letter! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Fifi9979
It probably varies a little depending on the specific subject :smile: in a way no news may be not so bad news as there's probs waiting lists etc :smile:

My friend said they were waiting on the department of education to give them quotas which they received the end of last week. She was given an offer ; really want to find out !
Original post by Poc_18
My friend said they were waiting on the department of education to give them quotas which they received the end of last week. She was given an offer ; really want to find out !

Same here!!!!! I know Queens tend to be slower that Ulster in terms of giving out offers...hopefully by the end of this week! ^_^ It's not fun waiting...haha
Original post by Poc_18

What subject was your friend?

Quick Reply

Latest