The Student Room Group

Courtauld MA History of Art 2019

Hello,

Anyone else applying for Courtauld History of Art Masters for 2019 entry and if so which special options?
I'm applying for Documentary Reborn, Circum-Atlantic Visual Culture and Modernism, Utopia and times of turmoil.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I've just recently applied for 1) Miniature to Monumental: Encounters with Medieval Art, 2) Circum-Atlantic Visual Culture, c. 1770-1830, 3) England, Europe and Beyond: Art, Identity, Trade & Politics in the Middle Ages.
I have just applied for The Sixties, NY/London/Paris and Global Conceptualism! Any ideas on when we should hear back? On the website it said we may be contacted between February and March, but then when I submitted the application I received an email saying April/May! Any clue?
Reply 3
Hey, I applied for 1) Victorian Science and Aesthetic Movement Art, 2) Miniature to Monumental: Encounters with Medieval Art, 3) Object Lessons: Art at the Courts of France and Burgundy in the 14th and 15th Centuries. I was also surpised to be told April/May as that seems really late, but then they are moving to new premises so perhaps that has something to do with it?
Reply 4
I didn't see the April/May email, but that does seem very late.
What are you guys currently studying? I'm in my final year studying History of Art at Leeds.
Reply 5
Original post by sd15_ko
I didn't see the April/May email, but that does seem very late.
What are you guys currently studying? I'm in my final year studying History of Art at Leeds.

I'm in my final year studying English Literature at Durham, with a couple of elective history of art modules!
Reply 6
Nice!! you guys applied anywhere else?
Reply 7
Original post by sd15_ko
Nice!! you guys applied anywhere else?

I also applied to Oxford, although I think the Courtauld is my first choice! How about you?
Reply 8
Original post by lydgg38
I also applied to Oxford, although I think the Courtauld is my first choice! How about you?

Same! which Option Paper did you go for at Oxford? I went for the Global Perspectives on American Art one.
Reply 9
Original post by sd15_ko
Same! which Option Paper did you go for at Oxford? I went for the Global Perspectives on American Art one.

I went for Women, Art, and Culture in Early Modern Europe. How did you find the process of writing a research proposal? I can imagine it would have been a bit easier coming from a History of Art background?
Reply 10
Original post by lydgg38
I went for Women, Art, and Culture in Early Modern Europe. How did you find the process of writing a research proposal? I can imagine it would have been a bit easier coming from a History of Art background?

I had some trouble as I'm still writing my undergaduate thesis, so not really had thought of a masters one yet. I managed to come up with one on time though. Not sure how good it was, and is a bit niche. Will see how it goes I guess!
Reply 11
Anyone recieved the email about the additional S. Options being added?
Yeah I received that email last week but not gonna apply for any other options.
Reply 13
Hi everyone, received that email this morning, get such a fright when I see an email from them! At least we should know reasonably soon, exciting!

I'm fourth year HOA undergrad at Glasgow at the moment, am also applying to St Andrews and Glasgow for a masters, had my heart set on Courtauld for so long though. We will see!
Anyone heard back yet for Courtauld?
Reply 15
Original post by arthistory321
Anyone heard back yet for Courtauld?

I haven't yet, I also just came on here to see if anyone else had!
Reply 16
Original post by Majamaz
Did any of you had their interview? I have mine scheduled for Global China this Friday and I don’t really know what to expect!

I haven't heard anything yet, that's great you have an interview though! I didn't apply for that option. Good luck!
Anyone heard anything or got requested interviews?
Reply 18
Original post by Majamaz
I had my interview on Friday and was told I’m in at the end of it. I applied for global China.

what do you mean by you were at the end of it?
Hey did any of you get called for interview? What do they ask? What to prepare?

Majamaz, what did Dr. Wenny Teo talked with you about during the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending