The Student Room Group

RAF Application

Has anybody also recently sent off their application to the RAF? If so what trade have you applied for and have you already had a response?
Original post by libbywwfc
Has anybody also recently sent off their application to the RAF? If so what trade have you applied for and have you already had a response?

Moved to Armed Forces
I did last October, it took about 6 weeks after applying for a response, but depends how busy they are😊
Original post by libbywwfc

Hi

It's currently taking between 4-8 weeks to process applications, you'll be advised as soon as it has been via your candidate portal.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
I've applied for RAF Police Officer, around 4 weeks ago this weekend so hopefully will here something soon.What have you gone for?Is it only via the portal you will be notified or do you get an email sent to you as well do you know?
Original post by Lukeyb1993
I've applied for RAF Police Officer, around 4 weeks ago this weekend so hopefully will here something soon.What have you gone for?Is it only via the portal you will be notified or do you get an email sent to you as well do you know?

I think you get an email telling you to ceckc your portal when there's an update, but keep checking just in case😁
Original post by marveldinosaur
I think you get an email telling you to ceckc your portal when there's an update, but keep checking just in case😁

Yh yh I keep doing both haha nerve racking waiting for a response but it gives me time to get fitter!!
Yh yh I keep doing both haha nerve racking waiting for a response but it gives me time to get fitter!!

Yeah good idea! I'm doing the same at the moment, waiting for the information to come Through on my portal about my PRTC, I have the dates but want to know when to get there and the kit list and stuff😂

And yeah fitness is definitely something to focus on! You want to be able to do the tests comfortably so starting now is a good idea😁

I waited until the 7th week and then called my local AFCO to ask if they had received my initial application. I have also applied to be a Police Officer. When I called up the lady I spoke to asked how long I was waiting. I told her 7 weeks and she said that the waiting time for Police Officers is slow because whilst the job role is still recruiting they aren't in desperate need. Personally, I'd wait until week 7 and call. After the phone call in less than hour I received an email to say to check my candidate portal where I was happy to see that I had been invited to a PS presentation, which I have tomorrow. Finally the process is underway!!

Best of luck with your application. I hope you are not waiting too long to hear back.
Original post by sophbirm1808
I waited until the 7th week and then called my local AFCO to ask if they had received my initial application. I have also applied to be a Police Officer. When I called up the lady I spoke to asked how long I was waiting. I told her 7 weeks and she said that the waiting time for Police Officers is slow because whilst the job role is still recruiting they aren't in desperate need. Personally, I'd wait until week 7 and call. After the phone call in less than hour I received an email to say to check my candidate portal where I was happy to see that I had been invited to a PS presentation, which I have tomorrow. Finally the process is underway!!

Best of luck with your application. I hope you are not waiting too long to hear back.

Really brilliant news for you! Congrats hope it all goes well for you!
Yh I'll give it a while and ring if hear nothing after the 7 week period then, thanks for informing me

Hi

Just for info, it's currently taking 6-8 weeks to process applications, you'll be notified as soon as it has been via your candidate portal.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest