The Student Room Group

Pregnant on the pill

Can someone help me out with a situation?

So last Sunday me and my ex had sex (just a one off)
Anyway two weeks before that we had broke up and it had caused to start taking me pill at irregular times leading times( so I was taking the pill at different times up until today) We had unprotected sex I didn’t think I’d get pregnant because I was on the pill so I didn’t get the morning after pill. It been 5 days since we had sex and I’ve just realised that maybe I could be pregnant. However, I don’t take my pill breaks so I have no way of telling whether I’m pregnant through my periods. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?
Original post by Anonymous

Anyway two weeks before that we had broke up and it had caused to start taking me pill at irregular times leading times( so I was taking the pill at different times up until today) We had unprotected sex I didn’t think I’d get pregnant because I was on the pill so I didn’t get the morning after pill. It been 5 days since we had sex and I’ve just realised that maybe I could be pregnant. However, I don’t take my pill breaks so I have no way of telling whether I’m pregnant through my periods. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?

If you didn't take the pill correctly then it won't be as effective. You should wait until it's been 14 days and take a pregnancy test.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you didn't take the pill correctly then it won't be as effective. You should wait until it's been 14 days and take a pregnancy test.

Thank you, I’ll wait until next Sunday then take the test.
Thank you, I’ll wait until next Sunday then take the test.

If you get any symptoms before then you can take it before. Might also be worth asking a pharmacist for advice.
Reply 4
If you get any symptoms before then you can take it before. Might also be worth asking a pharmacist for advice.

I haven’t had any major symptoms, I’ve had stomach pain and constant need to wee but I’m not even sure if they’re symptoms. I’ll look out for possible symptoms though
I haven’t had any major symptoms, I’ve had stomach pain and constant need to wee but I’m not even sure if they’re symptoms. I’ll look out for possible symptoms though

They could be symptoms. Needing to pee more frequently is common in pregnant women, and so is a bit of pain. However you only had sex quite recently so they could also be a sign of a UTI. Does it burn when you wee?
Reply 6
They could be symptoms. Needing to pee more frequently is common in pregnant women, and so is a bit of pain. However you only had sex quite recently so they could also be a sign of a UTI. Does it burn when you wee?

No it doesn’t burn, just feels normal
My doctor told me you have max a 12hr window for taking your pill. After 12hrs it's considered taking it late and after 24hrs it's a missed pill.
Reply 8

See the doctor?
I had the same symptoms after having unprotected sex and also thought I might be pregnant - saw my GP and found that it was a UTI. See your doctor, they can find out there and then if its a UTI using a urine sample.

I had the same symptoms after having unprotected sex and also thought I might be pregnant - saw my GP and found that it was a UTI. See your doctor, they can find out there and then if its a UTI using a urine sample.

The pain and the constant feeling to pee has stopped now, should I still see the GP?
The pain and the constant feeling to pee has stopped now, should I still see the GP?

yes I think you should still go x
Original post by K689

Thank you x
Original post by K689

what for? they'll just tell her to do a pregnancy test
what for? they'll just tell her to do a pregnancy test

Possibly yes. if she did a test at home and it came back positive she would need to go to the doctors anyways, why not go in the first place get a free test and if it's positive, chat about her options etc.
Original post by K689
Possibly yes. if she did a test at home and it came back positive she would need to go to the doctors anyways, why not go in the first place get a free test and if it's positive, chat about her options etc.

Do I need to get to get a UTI test straight away or can I wait until next week? So how would I get a free test from the G.P. To see I’m pregnant? A shop by mine sells three tests for £1 so I was just going to buy one of them
It is not easy to have an experience like that, but the only reason is that we all need at the end of being a parent.

Quick Reply

Latest