The Student Room Group

Getting roasted by teacher! What do I do?

Ive been getting roasted by my maths teacher ever since ive moved up to top set because of an incident 3 years ago. Apparently I don't know my lefts and rights after getting lost on a school trip because apparently everyone went left and I went right even though I don't remember that happening.

He called me a retard to another class last year but he doesnt know I know that. I dont know what to do because it's embarrasing getting roasted by teachers as everyone laughed at me. I dont want to grass the teacher up because then ill be known as a snitch but I dont want to leave it because I'm sick and tired of getting roasted. It's annoying and it gives me a bad feeling being roasted and getting laughed at because I got lost somewhere 3 years ago.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123goldenage
Ive been getting roasted by my maths teacher ever since ive moved up to top set because of an incident 3 years ago. Apparently I don't know my lefts and rights after getting lost on a school trip because apparently everyone went left and I went right even though I don't remember that happening.

He called me a retard to another class last year but he doesnt know I know that. I dont know what to do because it's embarrasing getting roasted by teachers as everyone laughed at me. I dont want to grass the teacher up because then ill be known as a snitch but I dont want to leave it because I'm sick and tired of getting roasted. It's annoying and it gives me a bad feeling being roasted and getting laughed at because I got lost somewhere 3 years ago.

That's unacceptable that a teacher is making fun of you, if it were me he were doing it to, I'd get it brought up straight away. You can't call any student a "retard", and bully him in front of a whole class, that's something you'd expect from a child. I know you may not want to grass him up, but it is definitely the route to take, after all, who is going to know if it is done confidentially to your head? This is a case where the teacher should be fired right on the spot, it's completely unacceptable behaviour, which you don't need to take.

This is bullying - please speak to the Head of department about this. I'd be furious if one of my team did this.
Original post by Muttley79
This is bullying - please speak to the Head of department about this. I'd be furious if one of my team did this.

I am cautious as to whether this is real.
Not sure how often or what the roasting consists of (if real).
If its happening then i would just keep a record and then speak to a teacher I trusted and let them deal with it. Dont want to be cynical but there have been a number of threads from new accounts that turn out to be trolls. See what happens.

My advice is keep a record and then report it up when you have the evidence.
roast him back.😂

Roasting is them making fun of you to your face for saying something stupid ie. accidentally adding 2 + 2 and getting 40, or you just generally doing poorly in exams. That's banter. A teacher actually using the word retard, saying it to another class as well, is not roasting. If I knew a teacher called me a retard behind my back I wouldn't take it, talk back to him ie. teachers earn sod all, what you can't do you teach etc. just don't swear at him or cross the line (don't call him a retard). Find out if he went to a good uni or not and roast him for that. I expect you are doing GCSEs, in which case, teaching is irrelevant, I taught myself all my GCSEs because of crap teachers, including maths, and I did fantastic in the end. Also, make sure he actually said 'retard', friends exaggerate/lie
Original post by Muttley79

Original post by 999tigger
I am cautious as to whether this is real.
Not sure how often or what the roasting consists of (if real).
If its happening then i would just keep a record and then speak to a teacher I trusted and let them deal with it. Dont want to be cynical but there have been a number of threads from new accounts that turn out to be trolls. See what happens.

My advice is keep a record and then report it up when you have the evidence.

And don't do either of these things, thats very moist behaviour.
Original post by That'sGreat
And don't do either of these things, thats very moist behaviour.

Very immature response.
If the teacher is seriously out of line, then the behaviour is not acceptable.
Whether this has happened or not remains to be seen as there is insufficient evidence.

How do you know for sure that the teacher actually insulted you behind your back? Do you think your peers may have stirred things out of proportion just for them to see how you'd respond?

One of my teachers would sometimes have a friendly insult match with a student for the entertainment of the class. They were just light-hearted pokes at each other. But some students in the class, for their own entertainment, had lied to the teacher and student, telling each of them that the other person called him 'this' or 'that' behind their backs. This was in hope that the friendly insults would escalate.
Fortunately though, the teacher called their bluff.
Reply 9
say **** back
Roasting is them making fun of you to your face for saying something stupid ie. accidentally adding 2 + 2 and getting 40, or you just generally doing poorly in exams. That's banter. A teacher actually using the word retard, saying it to another class as well, is not roasting. If I knew a teacher called me a retard behind my back I wouldn't take it, talk back to him ie. teachers earn sod all, what you can't do you teach etc. just don't swear at him or cross the line (don't call him a retard). Find out if he went to a good uni or not and roast him for that. I expect you are doing GCSEs, in which case, teaching is irrelevant, I taught myself all my GCSEs because of crap teachers, including maths, and I did fantastic in the end. Also, make sure he actually said 'retard', friends exaggerate/lie

the teacher said 'do you not know your left and rights or something' and was just roasting me
don't think it was banter as I had a maths teacher who had banter with everyone and sometimes jokingly mock people
but this teacher only roasts me and roasted me for about 15 minutes straight
even when I didn't respond and tried just getting on with my work
then shouted at me 3 times for small reasons (one because he wanted me to move and I didn't know he did, the second because I moved and the third because I tried getting on with my work when he mocked me)
im not too bothered about getting roasted its just getting laughed at by everyone which is annoying
also apparently he said' hows he in top set, hes a complete retard, doesn't know his lefts and rights'

Original post by 999tigger
Very immature response.
If the teacher is seriously out of line, then the behaviour is not acceptable.
Whether this has happened or not remains to be seen as there is insufficient evidence.

Not my fault you’re most.

If a teacher calls someone a retard, they will get a slap on the wrist, and make life even worse for the student. When his peers find out he snitched on a teacher because he got hurt by a word, the kid will get consistently mocked by his friends and others (unless he’s already a social pariah) which will start as banter, but will eventually become bullying.
He called me a retard to another class last year but he doesnt know I know that.

Definitely happened.
Not my fault you’re most.

If a teacher calls someone a retard, they will get a slap on the wrist, and make life even worse for the student. When his peers find out he snitched on a teacher because he got hurt by a word, the kid will get consistently mocked by his friends and others (unless he’s already a social pariah) which will start as banter, but will eventually become bullying.

You need to ascertain exactly what has gone one and the teachers actual behaviour. If it amounts to bullying, then the teacher will be in serious trouble. You seem limited in being unable to think why some behaviour is unacceptable. According to the OP its a lot more than just being called a retard.
Roast the teacher back. I'm sure the teacher will just laugh with you.
you should tell the head of year and get him sacked, he shouldn't be calling his student a retard!!

bro teachers can bully too

reporting time is long overdue
Get some balls and roast him back.
thats not 'roasting' its bullying, you should report it or just talk to the teacher when the class isnt there. Ive had teachers like that and its usually them putting on a show at the expense of a student(you) to try and impress the rest of the class. If you try talking to him when he doesnt have an audience he should listen, otherwise tell someone else.

Latest