The Student Room Group

From CCA to A*AA

thought I'd make one of these because why not :tongue:
last mock grades were cca (psychology, bio and chem)
aiming for A*AA (same order as before)
may seem unrealistic but I didn't revise much for bio and was 1 mark off a B and psychology I literally revised day before and was 3 marks off a B.
Reason for that was that chemistry used to be my weakest subject ; I got a d in chemistry at the start of September 2018 and focused on chemistry and managed it get an A somehow in my mocks in January 2019. I revised quite consistently for around 3 weeks for that.
I'm predicted A*BB (psychology bio and chem) but think I've been degraded and want to prove everyone wrong :smile:
I suffer from depression and hence why due to that and some other factors my mocks at the end of year 12 poorly reflected on me giving me the predicted grades I've been given.
I really want to just do well and smash my exams because my mental health really pulled me down during my gcses too and got the better of me but I don't want to let it this time!!
I could really use some motivation and will try to post here every day.
I want to become a psychiatrist one day :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of things did you do to fix up in Chemistry, and what is your exam board? Looking to do that too, and would appreciate some advice.
Original post by lollypenguin
may seem unrealistic but I didn't revise much for bio and was 1 mark off a B and psychology I literally revised day before and was 3 marks off a B.
Reason for that was that chemistry used to be my weakest subject ; I got a d in chemistry at the start of September 2018 and focused on chemistry and managed it get an A somehow in my mocks in January 2019. I revised quite consistently for around 3 weeks for that.
I'm predicted A*BB (psychology bio and chem) but think I've been degraded and want to prove everyone wrong :smile:
I suffer from depression and hence why due to that and some other factors my mocks at the end of year 12 poorly reflected on me giving me the predicted grades I've been given.
I really want to just do well and smash my exams because my mental health really pulled me down during my gcses too and got the better of me but I don't want to let it this time!!

Good luck! You will do amazing if you keep on the right track!
Original post by RudelyHonest
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of things did you do to fix up in Chemistry, and what is your exam board? Looking to do that too, and would appreciate some advice.

yeah sure :smile:
I'm on aqa!
so i literally just did a lot of questions on each topic that i knew was gonna come up. which ever questions I was getting wrong I'd make sure I look up then attempt it at a later date to make sure I knew how to do it. I also tried to find hard questions for each topic too so I wouldn't be caught out by anything ! just keep trying, chem is hard but with a good mindset and hard work you can achieve a good grade! I was getting u's and e's in year 12. loads of people are surprised at how well I'm doing but it just took some hard work :smile:
Original post by charleya123
Good luck! You will do amazing if you keep on the right track!

thanksss
Wow now I got some hope on getting an A grade on chemistry as well. Thank you! :heart:
And good luck on your revision. Hope you get the grades you are hoping for.
Original post by _pxmudi_
Wow now I got some hope on getting an A grade on chemistry as well. Thank you! :heart:
And good luck on your revision. Hope you get the grades you are hoping for.

thank you! good luck to you too! you got this :smile:
heyyy, i love how determined you are. i'm doing bio,chem and psychology as well and i'm fine with bio and psych but i feel like no matter how much i revise, i keep doing bad in chemistry. do u have any tips? btw i really wanna be a psychiatrist too :biggrin:
Original post by chidz1234
heyyy, i love how determined you are. i'm doing bio,chem and psychology as well and i'm fine with bio and psych but i feel like no matter how much i revise, i keep doing bad in chemistry. do u have any tips? btw i really wanna be a psychiatrist too :biggrin:

ah cool!
the main thing is just questions I think. I watch YouTube videos on concepts I can't grasp and will always ask for help if I don't understand something. it's so much easier to answer questions if you understand it not just learn it so try your best too. I try to find really hard questions after I'm comfortable with a topic too and attempt them. if I get them wrong I will ask my teacher to explain why I was wrong etc
thank you so muchhh!
ah cool!
the main thing is just questions I think. I watch YouTube videos on concepts I can't grasp and will always ask for help if I don't understand something. it's so much easier to answer questions if you understand it not just learn it so try your best too. I try to find really hard questions after I'm comfortable with a topic too and attempt them. if I get them wrong I will ask my teacher to explain why I was wrong etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending