The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by we knnow
average footballers get paid 2.2 million a year

Supply and demand. People are prepared to pay the salaries.

Where did you get that average from?
They're overpaid af tbh
Reply 3
Original post by Drewski
Why are you posting a bs thread that's been done to death and is entirely without merit?

:troll:

its not a bs issue footballers are paid weekly what some people get paid yearly or even a few years for what a bit of entertainment
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Supply and demand. People are prepared to pay the salaries.

Where did you get that average from?

Hmm, it won't let me rep you.
average footballers get paid 2.2 million a year

Because the commercialization in all parts of the world and the numbers of influence investors increased the last decade rapidly. Football is more than merely a sport, it is a business, it is merchandising - and the death of this popular sport.

By the way, I will move it to Football forum, because another football fans would like to discuss to. :yes:
(edited 5 years ago)
its not a bs issue footballers are paid weekly what some people get paid yearly or even a few years for what a bit of entertainment

The television rights were sold for £4.464bn to show PL games. Add in the £5-10m in advertisers/designers paying to be on kits, there's a lot of money floating around.

Where do you think the money should go? To billionaire Arabs and Americans instead?
Reply 7
Original post by Diego Costa

maybe to charities or nhs
Original post by Diego Costa
(...)

Where do you think the money should go? To billionaire Arabs and Americans instead?

Arabians and at least one American I know (Glazer) are investing in football to make profit, they get a piece of cake anyway.

They get paid that because they are worth it to the business.... if they weren’t they wouldn’t.
Reply 10
Original post by paul514
Tbh I think you are being really stupid.

They get paid that because they are worth it to the business.... if they weren’t they wouldn’t.

Exactly.

This is how capitalism works.

Its crazy how much they get paid but if there is a huge demand for a business that so few have the talent to produce then those few will get loads of money.

Anyway it's not just footballers that get paid loads - It's singers, actors, many celebrities etc.
Reply 11
Football shouldn't be worth what it is, it's a boring sport.
Original post by pfjjgir
Exactly.

This is how capitalism works.

Its crazy how much they get paid but if there is a huge demand for a business that so few have the talent to produce then those few will get loads of money.

Anyway it's not just footballers that get paid loads - It's singers, actors, many celebrities etc.

Same for CEO’s you hear people moan like they think the owners want to give away the money to them 😂
Because football clubs themselves have a lot of money to spend, and they are all competing with eachother to get the best players.
Cuz lots of people watch/pay to watch. They place a lot of effort into what they do so they get paid a lot.
Reply 15
listen fool im not talking about the talented ones im talking about the average ones that get money from just sitting on the bench even the refs make 100k a year
listen fool im not talking about the talented ones im talking about the average ones that get money from just sitting on the bench even the refs make 100k a year

No you're not.
Reply 17
Original post by paul514
Tbh I think you are being really stupid.

see how nobody rep you oh stupid one just because its a buisness doesent make it right its a broken system
Reply 18
Time to preach.

My idol, Thierry D. Henry, was born ‘77. These guys (footballers) give up a regular life and are 247 in the spotlight.

By the rules of balance, it’s only fair they get paid lavishly.

You think the universe isn’t in equilibrium? Fairness prospers because good is better than bad. Good is stronger than evil. Right is superior to wrong.

That idea.
see how nobody rep you oh stupid one just because its a buisness doesent make it right its a broken system

The ‘average’ ones sitting on the bench are still elite footballers.

Ps hello ‘I don’t understand capitalism/supply and demand’
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest