The Student Room Group

strength based interview for Border Force 2018

Hello has anyone had a strength based interview for Border Force 2018?
Reply 1
Yeah I have one but not sure how to prepare for it as there is no guidance. bit nervous
Reply 2
The only thing you can do is what they stated in the email when they invited you to the interview. You just need to think of how your strengths match the strengths they require of a Border Force Officer:-

1. Skilful communicator
2. Flexible
3. Inquisitive
4. Vigilant
5. Considered
6. Supportive team player
7. Resilient

This is all you can do for a strengths based interview. If you haven't done so already, you should have a look online for what an interview like that is. There's plenty of examples and information.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by akov
Yeah I have one but not sure how to prepare for it as there is no guidance. bit nervous

Hi, i have my strength based interview for border force tomorrow, how did yours go? Any advice or information would be much appreciated!
Reply 4
Original post by chelseajade1393
Hi, i have my strength based interview for border force tomorrow, how did yours go? Any advice or information would be much appreciated!

Hi Chelsea,

I'm not sure if you've seen this forum - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5288590 but there's a lot of people on here who have applied for the Border Force for this campaign and some have had interviews. You can't really prepare for a strengths based interview though. Look at the forum though and you can read through some people's experience.
Silly question.. But did not receive a list of what documents to take to the interview. I am guessing passport drivers license etc.. But what else? As no list provided on the email that was sent... Have sent an email to ask but if anyone can advise as my interview next week
Reply 6
Good luck guys! I’ve checked the civil service site but my status hasn’t changed! Still under review!
Anyone had an Interview yet? Is it purely strengths based?
Reply 8
I have an interview Thursday for Folkestone / Dover. Not really knowing what to expect. I know it is strength based. Any one got any advice ? :smile:
Hi
I had my interview last week for Manchester. It was 2 competency based questions and 6 strength based which you can’t really prepare for. My panel was really nice and it was relaxed! Good luck 😉
Original post by Nat0309
I have an interview Thursday for Folkestone / Dover. Not really knowing what to expect. I know it is strength based. Any one got any advice ? :smile:
Reply 10
Thankyou :smile: have you heard anything back yet ? How many people did you have interviewing you ?
Original post by Runner1708
Hi
I had my interview last week for Manchester. It was 2 competency based questions and 6 strength based which you can’t really prepare for. My panel was really nice and it was relaxed! Good luck 😉
Original post by Nat0309
Thankyou :smile: have you heard anything back yet ? How many people did you have interviewing you ?

There were 2 from Capita which was a bit of a pain as I wanted to ask some questions but they couldn’t answer lol. No not heard yet, think it’s going to be a long wait again 😬
Reply 12
I’ve waited 8 months since I was told from the April 2018 campaign. Think they might be waiting in the outcome of brexit?
There were 2 from Capita which was a bit of a pain as I wanted to ask some questions but they couldn’t answer lol. No not heard yet, think it’s going to be a long wait again 😬
Ha ha don’t get me started on the crapita campaign! I was also part of that and missed out on an interview as it seemed CS started their and pulled the plug on futher interview slots. Had to apply again which is the one I had the interview for 😬
Original post by akov
I’ve waited 8 months since I was told from the April 2018 campaign. Think they might be waiting in the outcome of brexit?
Reply 14
I’ve had my interview last July and passed. I’m on a merit list now and still waiting.
Ha ha don’t get me started on the crapita campaign! I was also part of that and missed out on an interview as it seemed CS started their and pulled the plug on futher interview slots. Had to apply again which is the one I had the interview for 😬
Hope you hear something soon 👍🏻
Original post by akov
I’ve had my interview last July and passed. I’m on a merit list now and still waiting.
I had my interview for post in dover a week ago and waiting to hear back. They told me it usually takes 6 weeks but they are rushing this campaign through so it should be 2 to 3 weeks to hear back
Could any one comment on what the competencies are? I have my interview on Tuesday. Any assistance is appreciated. There isn’t any specific competencies stated in the candidate pack unlike previous CS jobs. I understand it is heavily strength based, so I’ll have examples for all listed above at the ready.
Original post by JD_114
Hi Chelsea,

I'm not sure if you've seen this forum - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5288590 but there's a lot of people on here who have applied for the Border Force for this campaign and some have had interviews. You can't really prepare for a strengths based interview though. Look at the forum though and you can read through some people's experience.
I have my interview Tuesday any tips ? Is it only 1 interview or 2
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending