The Student Room Group

Brexit voting week: 'Extension to Article 50' vote passes 412-202

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Burton Bridge
I don't think it's 99% fixed but I do hope it could be th me compromise that we need to end this mess.

I disagree with almost everything else you have said, the biggest fault was exactly what I said in 2015, if I said

'"if we don't vote for Edd Milibands Labour, then the unmeasurable damage will be caused to the country"

I was right and I'm right now when I say,

"if we don't get some closer to these brexit turmoilfurther unmeasurable damage will be caused to the country's economy"

Screen shot this and if I'm still on this forum in 2 years quote it, you will be saying 'you was right Burton'

It is 99% because its in a legally binding document that needs signing off. Do you actually understand whats happening?
Hopefully I wont be talking to you in 2 years as you consistently show your lack of knowledge about the process that is taking place and the implications for large parts of the economy.

You disagree but as usual you are unable to answer the points made.

On the one hand you claim that no danage will be done to the economy and in the next thread you are talking about immeasurable damage, without any explanation. You clearly cant decide.

No need to reply.

@Doones

Are you able to interpret what this person is saying?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by 999tigger
It is 99% because its in a legally binding document that needs signing off. Do you actually understand whats happening?
Hopefully I wont be talking to you in 2 years as you consistently show your lack of knowledge about the process that is taking place and the implications for large parts of the economy.

You disagree but as usual you are unable to answer the points made.

No need to reply.

@Doones

Are you able to interpret what this person is saying?

:iiam:
Original post by Doones
:iiam:

Do the cow emoji, thats your most important contribution.....
Condensending replies, you don't understand what I'm saying but you know exactly what I mean and understand .... OK

You have not asked a question for me to answer, why don't you word you're questions better instead of resorting to insult with a mate! You might get a better response then.
*grabs popcorn*
Results expected any moment now
Original post by Burton Bridge
Condensending replies, you don't understand what I'm saying but you know exactly what I mean and understand .... OK

You have not asked a question for me to answer, why don't you word you're questions better instead of resorting to insult with a mate! You might get a better response then.

Read your own post it makes no sense. If i dont understand what you are saying, then how can I know exactly what you mean and understand? Anyway doesnt matter as she is about to lose.
NAY- 391
AYE- 242

The NAYS have it, the NAYS have it
A vote on no deal tomorrow. May saying the Tories will have a free vote
No-deal vote tomorrow. The PM sounded almost tearful.
Original post by Andrew97
NAY- 391
AYE- 242

What a shambles.
Yikes.
What a shambles.

The ERG and DUP have achieved the last thing they probably wanted - an open field for a second referendum to now come to the fore.
What a shambles.

On that we can agree.
Reply 74
so what does this mean now?
sry for the blunt question
Original post by Andrew97
NAY- 391
AYE- 242

Cable gets drowned out as usual. He's really a joke figure now in the House.
Original post by Top123

It means that we're not leaving the EU under the deal negotiated by the government with the EU.

The remaining possibilities are therefore either leaving with no deal, or else delaying the departure by asking for an extension to Article 50. The PM clearly favours the latter, although it is unclear what we do in that time - the EU would probably only accept a delay if we hold another referendum.

There is a big increased chance that we will leave with no deal, which will have very severe consequences.
Original post by Top123

May’s deal appears to be dead for good. So we move to a vote tomorrow on No Deal, and a vote on Thursday regarding extending Article 50.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Cable gets drowned out as usual. He's really a joke figure now in the House.

Mrs May wants a word. 😛
Original post by Top123

It was expected. She only improved slightly. MPs werent satisfied with the supposed concessions on the backstop.

Free vote tomorrow on whether leave without a deal or delay the brexit for a short time.
As they have voted against no deal before, then imo expect a short extension to give them one last go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending