The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Film course at Edinburgh Napier

I recently got accepted onto the Film course at Edinburgh Napier and am just curious to see if anyone else on here has too? Would be nice to have an idea of who will be on the course before hand :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Congrats !! I had to submit film by 6th March , what was the timescale for u after film submission ? Thanks
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Original post by Glasgowlady
Congrats !! I had to submit film by 6th March , what was the timescale for u after film submission ? Thanks

Thank you! I got an email back after applying on 4/12/18 saying that the deadline for my film/portfolio application was 14/01/19 but it may just depend on when you first sent away your application? Good luck!!
I completed my application on 9th March
do you know when I'll be gotten back to?
When did you have your interview and offer thanks
Original post by statisticstimo
Thank you! I got an email back after applying on 4/12/18 saying that the deadline for my film/portfolio application was 14/01/19 but it may just depend on when you first sent away your application? Good luck!!
Original post by Ayomide Oyewusi
I completed my application on 9th March
do you know when I'll be gotten back to?

Not too sure sorry, have you heard about an interview or not yet? Because I got an email about interview times quite a while after I sent away my film
Hey, I applied last year for the course and got accepted. Currently on a Gap year but will be starting in September.Once, I submitted my portfolio it did take a few of months to see if I would be given an interview, so don't worry I'm sure you two will be fine.
Hello! I had my interview March 19th and I still haven’t heard back.. I’m assuming if they’re taking this long it must be a rejection but it’s my first choice so I’m really hoping it’s not. I thought the interview went fine but surely they’d have replied by now???
Surely they’d reply even if it is a rejection, it would be pretty bad of them if they didn’t? Don’t five up yet I’ve got my fingers crossed it’ll be all good for you :smile:
Original post by maddy_cumming
Hello! I had my interview March 19th and I still haven’t heard back.. I’m assuming if they’re taking this long it must be a rejection but it’s my first choice so I’m really hoping it’s not. I thought the interview went fine but surely they’d have replied by now???
I got told at the interview that they would be offering me a place. I just got it through UCAS last week and am sorting out SAAS and that. I'm dead excited!
That’s great, well done!!!
Have you had any word back yet ?
Original post by Kate McGarry
That’s great, well done!!!
Original post by LukeMcg42
I got told at the interview that they would be offering me a place. I just got it through UCAS last week and am sorting out SAAS and that. I'm dead excited!

Congrats! See u there I guess :smile:
I applied last year and secured my place. I’m on a gap year currently. So weight of results day is off my shoulder 😅, but good luck everyone! 🤞
Original post by Glasgowlady
Have you had any word back yet ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah, I only made an account on here to reply to this. idk how this site really works so I guess I'll just have to suss you out. I'm moving there from Glasgow so itll be good to know someone.
I did a visit and got a portfolio request on March 12th in which the deadline was April 2nd. I submitted my film and writings on April 1st but I still haven't heard back from them regarding an interview or an update but I think they have received it because they said if they don't receive the port by April 2nd, the application will be considered withdrawn and if it was withdrawn it would've been done so on UCAS, right? I'm getting nervous with the UCAS deadline coming up :frown: I don't know if I should consider this a rejection or say that no news is good news
Original post by LukeMcg42
Yeah, I only made an account on here to reply to this. idk how this site really works so I guess I'll just have to suss you out. I'm moving there from Glasgow so itll be good to know someone.

Yeah I’m moving there from Dundee so I just made an account to post this so I could get a feel for who else would be there :smile:
I had to submit film by 6/3 , got a reply back 2 weeks later on the 22/3 calling me for interview on the 2nd April . I haven’t heard since then if successful or not but he did say the interviews were coming to end of current cycle , then new cycle would start again
Original post by jemmaclint
I did a visit and got a portfolio request on March 12th in which the deadline was April 2nd. I submitted my film and writings on April 1st but I still haven't heard back from them regarding an interview or an update but I think they have received it because they said if they don't receive the port by April 2nd, the application will be considered withdrawn and if it was withdrawn it would've been done so on UCAS, right? I'm getting nervous with the UCAS deadline coming up :frown: I don't know if I should consider this a rejection or say that no news is good news
Reply 18
Edinburgh Napier's my first choice (I haven't made an official decision yet, though). But I may end up going there hopefully!
Still haven’t heard back from them!! 😔😴

Quick Reply

Latest