The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 7652 Paper 1 13th June 2019

Opening up a thread for the Paper 1 of A-Level AQA French this year (listening, reading, translation). Feel free to ask each other questions about revision or the exam etc and let's boss it together:smile:. @Evil Homer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hazza1207
Opening up a thread for the Paper 1 of A-Level AQA French this year (listening, reading, translation). Feel free to ask each other questions about revision or the exam etc and let's boss it together:smile:. @Evil Homer

Awesome :awesome: How are you feeling about the exam right now?
Great thread to start, I’ll be watching it closely. French is by far the subject I struggle most in and LRW paper is my worst nightmare.
Any tips for securing an A would be most appreciated.
Reply 3
Original post by 8472
Awesome :awesome: How are you feeling about the exam right now?

Pretty good. It’s just the summaries that worry me, especially the listening one! I’ve just had my mock and got an A on this first paper so hopefully I can carry it on:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by gracewb_93
Great thread to start, I’ll be watching it closely. French is by far the subject I struggle most in and LRW paper is my worst nightmare.
Any tips for securing an A would be most appreciated.

For me it was just down to learning vocab, making sure I know all of the basic stuff for each topic in the textbook and then knowing some advanced stuff too. I practiced tons of listening and reading summaries and will continue to do so and get them marked by my teacher cos I feel it’s the hardest part of the paper and they are 12 marks each:smile:
Reply 5
Can anyone tell me name of the film studied by Belfast Royal Academy for French A level 2019 please?
Reply 6
how are people revising? im retaking and I don't really know how to revise for paper 1
Reply 7
How are you supposed to revise for speaking?? I don't find the textbooks helpful in that respect, because 1) it would takes ages going through every text finding facts and opinions 2) they are rarely relevant anyway. Any suggestions will be well received!
Reply 8
I’m only revising year 1 topics for speaking because you’re always guaranteed a year 1 and year 2 topic card for the speaking, so I’m just trying to remember 1/2 facts for each year 1 topic
Reply 9
Really??!! Thanks - that's made my life so much easier!
Does that mean the year one topic cards are harder than the year two ones? Because surely then everyone would pick the year one card?
Original post by sonomo
I’m only revising year 1 topics for speaking because you’re always guaranteed a year 1 and year 2 topic card for the speaking, so I’m just trying to remember 1/2 facts for each year 1 topic
Reply 10
Personally, I find the year 2 cards much harder like politics and immigration! And no they’re all the same level of difficulty I think, i had la famille en voie de changement last year and it was about the role of grand parents so not too bad!
I'm struggling to Revise for speaking as well ! How's everyone revising? And when's everyone's speaking exam? Mine's the 8th May.. not even a month left 😳😨
Original post by khadizakhatun846
I'm struggling to Revise for speaking as well ! How's everyone revising? And when's everyone's speaking exam? Mine's the 8th May.. not even a month left 😳😨

I think mine will be about then as well. I'm mostly learning vocab for year 1 (a bit of year 2 obviously, but as someone said above, you're basically guaranteed one of either) and then making mind maps on the three bullet points for each one from the spec, because the cards are usually to do with them. I've got facts and opinions from three different countries (France, Algeria and Cambodia).
Issue is I know the most about Canada, but my teacher has said I can't talk about it because my chosen research is on Canada :\
How is everyone using their time in the speaking exam? I always struggle to get the right amount down for all the questions :s:
Original post by sonomo

definitely not the case! have been through the possible combinations as a class with my teacher and thaere is an equal chance of you getting 2 A2 card, 2 AS cards or a mix of both so DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE
Reply 15
Follow the link to page 18: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/languages/AQA-MFL-AS-A-FAQ.PDF It says that we will be guaranteed one from AS and one from A2, it’s on the AQA website as well so it seems pretty legit
quoting the spec:

< 'Will students get a choice of card in the speaking test?
For A-level, students will be given two cards, each from a different sub-theme and they choose one.
One card will always be from one of the year 1/AS themes and one from the year 2 A-level only themes >
Original post by tarahartley12
definitely not the case! have been through the possible combinations as a class with my teacher and thaere is an equal chance of you getting 2 A2 card, 2 AS cards or a mix of both so DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE
Reply 17
For the speaking exam, do we have to memorise figures, or is it enough to have a general understanding of the topic areas?
Original post by Gwil
For the speaking exam, do we have to memorise figures, or is it enough to have a general understanding of the topic areas?

You don’t necessarily need figures but you need some examples to back up your general understanding. For example you could mention Les restos du cœur in Voluteering (if that’s a topic for you) or the fact that homosexuality is illegal in some countries like Algeria.

So just general facts, which can be figures but don’t have to be
Has anyone done their speaking exam yet??
Original post by hazza1207

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending