The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

are you underage? yes
at least wait until you're 16
Original post by Anonymous
just my parents are quite strict and might not want this to happen. im a girl. do people on here think that 15 is too early to lose virginity and also when did you all lose yours? thanks

Yea it's too early, at least wait until you can consent. I lost mine at 18. I didn't feel ready before then.

However if you are going to have sex please if you care about your wellbeing use condoms. Make sure you're safe. Do not have sex without a condom.
Well you legally have to be 16 to be at the age of consent. Although 2 individuals between 13-15 having sex are unlikely to be prosecuted, provided it's consensual.

Only you can decide if you're ready for sex.

(A psychology video)
(edited 5 years ago)
Don’t let people tell you when is too early/ too late!!
The decision is yours. Only you know when u are ready...
I’ve had plenty of friends who lost it that young and others who waited till a lot older.
For me personally I think 15 is too young. But, I agree with the other posters; you only decide when you're ready.
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-to-know-if-you-are-ready-to-have-sex

While a Teen Vogue article may not necessarily provide the ultimate objective answer to your question, it does shed light on important things.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yes it is way too early!!! Don't do it, a good friend of mine got Chlamydia and it really upset her and ruined loads of her possible relationships!! Don't do it!! You could get pregnant and then that's it, you've got a kid! For life. :biggrin:
just my parents are quite strict and might not want this to happen. im a girl. do people on here think that 15 is too early to lose virginity and also when did you all lose yours? thanks

Yes, indeed.
If you still decide to do it, use condoms!
In conclusion: Yuck.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
In conclusion: Yuck.

:biggrin::biggrin: lol
Wait. I'm Anonymous #4. I don't remember ticking the anonymous box.....
I don't see any posts made by an Anonymous #4 that's weird
Original post by Jade2019
Wait. I'm Anonymous #4. I don't remember ticking the anonymous box.....
Your parents are absolutely not going to be ok with it because you're under the age of consent lmao. That said, if you're both under it the police aren't going to bother prosecuting so I'd leave it to your discretion.

I lost mine when I was 19 but to be honest would've lost it much earlier if the opportunity had ever come up.
Yes it is too early, Although you might think you’re ready for sex, are you ready for the potential consequences? Pregnancy? STIs? And besides that, you’re underaged, so it’s illegal. If you do decide to have sex before you turn 16 (which I don’t recommend!), please make sure you use appropriate protection. :smile:
Defooo. That’s way too young
That is way too young. I recommend waiting until you are married or at least 16 or preferably 18+. You don’t won’t to make a decision you will regret for the rest of your life. Regret is a horrible emotion. Are you sure you love this person. Sex is an act of love between two people. It should be a special moment shared with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I advise you to wait until marriage so you can be sure you will spend the rest of your life with this person. Also, if you get caught you can end up on the sex offenders list. Your brain is still developing and whatever seems right now may not in the future. If you are having sex you have to ask yourself am I ready to have a baby. Contraception can fail. If you can’t support a baby you shouldn’t be having sex in my opinion I know some people won’t agree (abortion etc). However there are other risks such as STIs and you need to be able to deal with those things. If you did get one would you be able to access healthcare without telling your parents? I know most people won’t agree with those things but ultimately I urge you to wait until you are at lease 16 if not older or married. Please think this decision through and there is support available if you are being pressured by your partner. Think wisely and have safe sex. Condoms, birth control etc.
Your parents are not "quite strict", it's called being sensible.
That is way too young. I recommend waiting until you are married or at least 16 or preferably 18+. You don’t won’t to make a decision you will regret for the rest of your life. Regret is a horrible emotion. Are you sure you love this person. Sex is an act of love between two people. It should be a special moment shared with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I advise you to wait until marriage so you can be sure you will spend the rest of your life with this person. Also, if you get caught you can end up on the sex offenders list. Your brain is still developing and whatever seems right now may not in the future. If you are having sex you have to ask yourself am I ready to have a baby. Contraception can fail. If you can’t support a baby you shouldn’t be having sex in my opinion I know some people won’t agree (abortion etc). However there are other risks such as STIs and you need to be able to deal with those things. If you did get one would you be able to access healthcare without telling your parents? I know most people won’t agree with those things but ultimately I urge you to wait until you are at lease 16 if not older or married. Please think this decision through and there is support available if you are being pressured by your partner. Think wisely and have safe sex. Condoms, birth control etc.

You don't have to love someone to have sex with them. But the bigger issue with your post is no she won't end up on the sex offenders register for having sex at 15.
Reply 18

The law says it's too young.

Most parents I think will also say 15 is too young [and so would I if I were one and had a daughter lol]

Then again once upon a time in this country the law said it was ok for 12 year olds to have sex.

google says girls finish puberty at 15-17, puberty is defined as sexual maturity
Controversial opinion in the current book-up culture we have: having sex when you don’t love each other makes you feel empty and is bad for self-esteem (which honestly is the case with most hedonistic behaviour). Sexual experiences you regret can also be extremely difficult to deal with and can take a long time to get over. Be honest with yourself: can you be sure that you won’t regret having a sexual experience now? Do you love them? Because sex isn’t a coming of age experience, it’s really intimate and you feel like you cheapen yourself when you give out your intimacy freely.

Conversely if you do love them, then surely they’re worth waiting for until you’re 16.

Whatever you do, as others say, *please* use condoms if you have sex with a male and LEARN HOW TO USE THEM PROPERLY! Don’t rely on him knowing what he’s doing, having a baby (or an abortion) at 15 will not be fun.

Latest

Trending

Trending