The Student Room Group

Want to be healthy but can't stop eating junk

Basically I set off on 2019 promising that i would go to gym more and be more healthy. I've been going to the gym routinely at my college but the problem I have is that I can't stop eating junk food,especially when i'm at home revising sometimes i will have a piece of fruit and a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar , and even during college i eat chips for lunch which makes me feel worse :frown:

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can stop eating junk , are there any substitues that i can use instead or any advice in general would help alot, thanks
I graze too - especially when stressed or bored - and the more junk you eat the more you crave it (the pleasure trap)

Prep lots of snacks - like veg sticks and so on, and healthy dips (I make hummus without tahini or oil) and then you can graze healthily and without too much sugar.
Control your money and you control your food
I’ve been having this problem to. I’ve just given up biscuits (my biggest weakness) for lent and have bought dark chocolate as a substitute. It’s worked so well - it’s too bitter to eat loads at once, whilst satisfying the craving at the same time
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I set off on 2019 promising that i would go to gym more and be more healthy. I've been going to the gym routinely at my college but the problem I have is that I can't stop eating junk food,especially when i'm at home revising sometimes i will have a piece of fruit and a packet of crisps or a chocolate bar , and even during college i eat chips for lunch which makes me feel worse :frown:

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can stop eating junk , are there any substitues that i can use instead or any advice in general would help alot, thanks

I've swapped crisps for propercorn and milk chocolate for dark chocolate. I only allow myself a small piece of chocolate on a Sunday. I eat veggies and houmous for snacks.

Quick Reply

Latest