The Student Room Group

Advice - Do I talk to this guy who I've noticed NOTICE ME

Okay, before you get all judgey, I just want to stress that I have really bad anxiety issues and suffered with body dysmorphia all my life.

I am *attractive* but honestly I have no confidence.

I know its important to love yourself before you can love anyone else but the emergency of the situation means I have to ACT.

Essentially a really cute guy has moved into our flat block and I've noticed him look at me a few times and he's sort of smiled. We were stuck in the elevator which a bunch of old men obsessed with my dog who I was taking for a walk and he was just smiley and shy.

We notice each other but he seems REALLY shy, like me.

Ugh, I don't know what to do, what's the point?
If you like him talk to him, start a conversation with him next time you see him
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, before you get all judgey, I just want to stress that I have really bad anxiety issues and suffered with body dysmorphia all my life.

I know its important to love yourself before you can love anyone else but the emergency of the situation means I have to ACT.

Essentially a really cute guy has moved into our flat block and I've noticed him look at me a few times and he's sort of smiled. We were stuck in the elevator which a bunch of old men obsessed with my dog who I was taking for a walk and he was just smiley and shy.

Can I ask what you think the emergency is here?

To me it just seems like 2 people who are shy and think each other are cute but haven't made a move yet. I agree with the above poster, strike up a conversation with him - does he like the area, has he moved from far away, what does he do etc.
Reply 3
Eep the emergency is he is here for business reasons so I don't think he'll stay for that long! Also my anxiety is probably exaggerating the situation lol
Original post by DrawTheLine
Can I ask what you think the emergency is here?

To me it just seems like 2 people who are shy and think each other are cute but haven't made a move yet. I agree with the above poster, strike up a conversation with him - does he like the area, has he moved from far away, what does he do etc.
Reply 4
Do I talk to this guy who I've noticed NOTICE ME

Walk up to him in a confident manner and say the following: "I've noticed you noticing me, so I just want to put you on notice that i've noticed you too....."

Reply 5
looooool I think I'm just gonna let this one go
Original post by ANM775
Walk up to him in a confident manner and say the following: "I've noticed you noticing me, so I just want to put you on notice that i've noticed you too....."

If he's not a dog person then maybe that's why he doesn't approach you
Reply 7

Ok. Get help with the body image stuff but meanwhile drag up your courage next time to say hello! Tell him what you think of the weather! Ask him how he is! Forget about yourself for a few minutes when you meet him and just be friendly!
Reply 8
I wish I did that, he apparently left today to go back to Hungary. Sigh. Next time :smile:
Original post by mgi
Ok. Get help with the body image stuff but meanwhile drag up your courage next time to say hello! Tell him what you think of the weather! Ask him how he is! Forget about yourself for a few minutes when you meet him and just be friendly!

Quick Reply

Latest