The Student Room Group

Told off in an exam for smelling too much like coconut?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roseln
I had my language mock this morning and an invigilator thought it was crucial enough to leave a note of my desk during it stating
'don't worry you're not in trouble but please speak to an invigilator after the exam'

Anyway when it finished an invigilator approached me nd asked
'Are you wearing perfume?'
like I had no idea what was going on and just awkwardly laughed thinking she was going to ask what it was or something but then she turns slightly more peristant
'is it coconut? It smells very coconutty'
and like I'm so confused I didn't put a lot on at all
'we are going to have to reconsider the seating arrangements because of you and rearrange the seating plan'

Like what???? What was that about?? Its artifical and I don't see why a body spray would contain any actual coconut in case of allergies

I have no idea what this is about does anyone have any insight on this? I didn't know smelling 'too much like coconut' was against the rules? I asked my friends and they said they could only smell it if they came super close to me and smelt me directly?

Hahahahahaha
Original post by the bear
if you complain they might put a bounty on your head

:getmecoat:

I think you should take a break ....
Reply 22
Original post by Muttley79

Not into an exam though, it would make a mess.

https://i.imgur.com/GI85gMf.gif?noredirect

not sure i get that.... i will chewit over :h:
https://i.imgur.com/GI85gMf.gif?noredirect

not sure i get that.... i will chewit over :h:

You are a Star Bear :biggrin:
You are a Star Bear :biggrin:

i think we are straying from the original thread topic

:rofl:
i think we are straying from the original thread topic

:rofl:

Wrong sort of nut though ... perhaps we need to keep this' twix' ourselves?
There's nothing wrong with it unless someone sitting near you has complained.. if they have a coconut allergy it could make them feel uncomfortable even though it'd be fine. It's like my brother has a peanut allergy and we bought fake peanut butter that tastes and smells real, and he couldn't stand smelling it. Or, if someone is unwell or something (your sense of smell can be twisted during pregnancy and other conditions) sitting next to any kind of strong smell might be off-putting. But if that's the case, they're the one with the condition, so perhaps they would be better sitting elsewhere.

It's much better smelling of lovely coconut than what most teens smell like in exams in my experience - sweat and fear!
Wrong sort of nut though ... perhaps we need to keep this' twix' ourselves?

this is turning into a very long thread... a real marathon

:gah:
this is turning into a very long thread... a real marathon

:gah:

Wispa it quietly - the bear is showing his age ...
Reply 30
Original post by Compost
Shea wouldn't tone it down and she left soon after.

She couldn't believe it's not butter...
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
There's nothing wrong with it unless someone sitting near you has complained.. if they have a coconut allergy it could make them feel uncomfortable even though it'd be fine. It's like my brother has a peanut allergy and we bought fake peanut butter that tastes and smells real, and he couldn't stand smelling it. Or, if someone is unwell or something (your sense of smell can be twisted during pregnancy and other conditions) sitting next to any kind of strong smell might be off-putting. But if that's the case, they're the one with the condition, so perhaps they would be better sitting elsewhere.

It's much better smelling of lovely coconut than what most teens smell like in exams in my experience - sweat and fear!

There's really not much difference between smelling strongly of artificial fragrances to sitting there vaping.
Original post by Roseln
I had my language mock this morning and an invigilator thought it was crucial enough to leave a note of my desk during it stating
'don't worry you're not in trouble but please speak to an invigilator after the exam'

Tell the invigilator not to be such a nutcase
Original post by harrysbar
Tell the invigilator not to be such a nutcase

It is odd, but if someone makes a complaint and it is distracting other candidates, then they have a point.
Original post by the beer
There's really not much difference between smelling strongly of artificial fragrances to sitting there vaping.

Erm, there really is.
pretty sure it's bc you arent allowed smells which could be distracting in exams. Gum isnt allowed either obvs but they probably didnnt notice
How odd... would she rather you smelt bad? Or why not offer the solution of asking you to not spell like a coconut that day lol, instead of being extra about seating plans. Huh. Surely if it is that strong, everyone can still smell it?
I feel so sorry for you. I was once told my glasses had to be removed because they could have notes on them. I’m like, sorry what mate, you been watching pixels or some sh*t?
Original post by Tom Hossain
I feel so sorry for you. I was once told my glasses had to be removed because they could have notes on them. I’m like, sorry what mate, you been watching pixels or some sh*t?

I bet you didn't see that coming...

Should get anti glare lenses, so they stop looking at you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Roseln

Anyway when it finished an invigilator approached me nd asked
'Are you wearing perfume?'
like I had no idea what was going on and just awkwardly laughed thinking she was going to ask what it was or something but then she turns slightly more peristant
'is it coconut? It smells very coconutty'
and like I'm so confused I didn't put a lot on at all
'we are going to have to reconsider the seating arrangements because of you and rearrange the seating plan'

Like what???? What was that about?? Its artifical and I don't see why a body spray would contain any actual coconut in case of allergies

I have no idea what this is about does anyone have any insight on this? I didn't know smelling 'too much like coconut' was against the rules? I asked my friends and they said they could only smell it if they came super close to me and smelt me directly?

Someone complained about you

Quick Reply

Latest