The Student Room Group

The death of capitalism! duh duh duuuuhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Former Indian central bank governor warns that capitalism is going to die out soon.

People have now understood that capitalism is a system used to exploit the poor. Throughout decades this system has lead to corruption, wars, poverty, increase in all types of crime and a decrease in population.

Society is fed up with capitalism. Unfair school systems, classicism and racism is all it brings.

What do you think? Will the capitalist system die out? If so which system will take its place?

duh dud duuuuuuuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Lol. Capitalism is the most successful method humanity has ever found. Fewer poor people, fewer wars, population increases, living standard increases, you name it.
Original post by DarthRoar
Lol. Capitalism is the most successful method humanity has ever found. Fewer poor people, fewer wars, population increases, living standard increases, you name it.

Indian guy said it lad. And India is the largest democracy.

So you tell me then. Why is poverty a record high now? Why are crime rates a record high now? Why are people blaming the system when their children arent getting educated properly?

What is wrong with our system? Why is the population going down? Why is antisemitism and islamaphobia going sky high?

The system is supposed to deal with all of this stuff. Why is discrimination going up? Why are there gender pay gaps?

population hasnt increased. Britain sells weapons to Saudi to kill People in Yemen. Wars are happening. People interfering in other countries. Its true, capitalism is unstable.

Population rates are going down in the UK due to feminism. Poor people are increasing in numbers, Living standards are going down and we all know it. People are now saying that the Uk and America are not cool amymore due to low living standards.

Racism has increased in the British and American and Indian parliaments.

Examples: Donald Trumps ban on muslims, Modi and his governments appointments of people in india to kill muslims and his laws. The UKIPs rise in the UK when they said: The muslims are part of a cult whose leader is a paedophile and his name is muhammad

The labour parties views against jews and a lot more lad Its not the individuals. Its the system that allpws you to do that.

From your tone I find you to be a person who is against muslims. You see it but dont want to accept it. The Indian guy was a leader of the largest democracy. He said it. He saw it. He knows it.

People are giving up on capitalism. Ots coming up infront of the world.

I did a survey in this myself. Went on multiple random buses around England and asked people from different backgrounds if they were happy with their lives. The said NO. I asked why? They said that the system made them like this.
Original post by Sammie999
Why is poverty a record high now? Why are crime rates a record high now? Why are people blaming the system when their children arent getting educated properly?

Poverty is at a record low across the world. Not only is it a record low in terms of percentage of people in poverty, but also the pure number of people in poverty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_poverty#/media/File:World-population-in-extreme-poverty-absolute.svg

The overall crime rate is at an absolute low. Even knife crime, an issue right now, is at an 8 year high, nowhere near a record high.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_Kingdom#/media/File:CrimeinUK.png

Why is the population going down? Why is antisemitism and islamaphobia going sky high?
The system is supposed to deal with all of this stuff. Why is discrimination going up? Why are there gender pay gaps?

The UK population isn't going down, it's going up.
Figure 1_ UK population estimates and projections, 1960 to 2030.png

You can hardly say islamophobia and antisemitism are 'sky high'. There is some. It's not much of an issue.

The gender pay gap, along with all the other pay gaps from the height pay gap to the eye colour pay gap, are nonsense misinterpretations of badly presented data.

Basically, all of what you just said is nonsense. Try again!
Alright. Seems you're the type to make unsubstantiated claims and pretend they're facts. Lots of unfounded opinion.

Well I've already made a mockery of what you've said, no use engaging further. DarthRoar out.
Former Indian central bank governor warns that capitalism is going to die out soon.

People have now understood that capitalism is a system used to exploit the poor. Throughout decades this system has lead to corruption, wars, poverty, increase in all types of crime and a decrease in population.

Society is fed up with capitalism. Unfair school systems, classicism and racism is all it brings.

What do you think? Will the capitalist system die out? If so which system will take its place?

duh dud duuuuuuuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The systems have largely been the same for centuries. The entrenched privilege of the elite has been maintained. If capitalism ends, there would be a new system to exploit people.
bizarre thread.. never seen someone make so many claims that are so objectively wrong.

Poverty is at record lows..
Living standards are at record highs..
Populations are booming in most of the world, including in the west
Racism/Hate-crimes are at record lows
etc.

The world literally is the opposite of what you think it is. That's crazy.

The last one is an interesting one though, racism/hate-crimes. They do seem bad now, but that's because of their very nature. Go back to the 1700s-1800s, and you have slavery/race-ownership and mass genocide.. that's eliminated. then you get to the 1900s, and you get segregation/legal discrimination.. that's eliminated. go forward to the late 1900s and its mostly social discrimination and prejudice.. that's eliminated (mostly). Now in the 2000s, we are talking about micro-aggression, a few minor physical crimes, a few discrepancies between races (that go both ways)...

Clearly the trajectory throughout the time that capitalism has been around, has been overwhelmingly against racism. The fact that its still viewed as a problem has more to do with the fact that the closer you come to perfection, the more small and individual flaws stand out. But clearly capitalism has been brilliant for the relations between different races.
The UK population isn't going down, it's going up.
Figure 1_ UK population estimates and projections, 1960 to 2030.png

You can hardly say islamophobia and antisemitism are 'sky high'. There is some. It's not much of an issue.

The gender pay gap, along with all the other pay gaps from the height pay gap to the eye colour pay gap, are nonsense misinterpretations of badly presented data.

Basically, all of what you just said is nonsense. Try again!

Let me tell you something. UK population is in decline. Every muslim couple has 11 kids. what about every English person eh??

I am too lazy to get you links and I am also very busy. But the Indian guy is smarter than the both of us and thats why he took that job in the first place. Or should I say he was given that job.

Now I see it. And other do too. I have heard the public saying it themselves. Theres a difference between writing numbers and seeing reality

Anyone can make those up. Look around you. People get divorced quickly. A family is unstable. Rape is going up. Crime is going up. What about education? How is our education system.

You are just an arrogant idiot. Unless you have had some government job like the Indian guy then I am sorry. You have no say against him. He is WAY SMARTER THAN YOU!
Trump's so called "Muslim Ban" is often quoted as a racist intervention within U.S politics. It in fact isn't a "Muslim Ban", but it is a "Travel Ban", which affects countries with significantly high extremism rates.
population hasnt increased. Britain sells weapons to Saudi to kill People in Yemen. Wars are happening. People interfering in other countries. Its true, capitalism is unstable.

Population rates are going down in the UK due to feminism. Poor people are increasing in numbers, Living standards are going down and we all know it. People are now saying that the Uk and America are not cool amymore due to low living standards.

Examples: Donald Trumps ban on muslims, Modi and his governments appointments of people in india to kill muslims and his laws. The UKIPs rise in the UK when they said: The muslims are part of a cult whose leader is a paedophile and his name is muhammad

The labour parties views against jews and a lot more lad Its not the individuals. Its the system that allpws you to do that.

From your tone I find you to be a person who is against muslims. You see it but dont want to accept it. The Indian guy was a leader of the largest democracy. He said it. He saw it. He knows it.

I did a survey in this myself. Went on multiple random buses around England and asked people from different backgrounds if they were happy with their lives. The said NO. I asked why? They said that the system made them like this.

I did a survey in this myself. Went on multiple random buses around England and asked people from different backgrounds if they were happy with their lives. The said NO. I asked why? They said that the system made them like this

First of all, what was your sample size that you used?
A survey with a smaller sample size isn't going to be very accurate.

Secondly, you only mentioned that you asked people on the bus. This is going to be extremely bias to people that who can't afford cars, so this is likely to skew the results of the survey.
Original post by Wired_1800
The systems have largely been the same for centuries. The entrenched privilege of the elite has been maintained. If capitalism ends, there would be a new system to exploit people.

So you agree that the poor are being exploited?

And by the way I am not poor. I go to private school. Pur teavher told us about this. He has an Economics degree from Cambridge and he told us this stuff.

He is right too I guess. He is smarter than the rest of us.
Capitalism doesn't need to be abolished, or gotten rid of..

We just need to hit the reset-switch once in a while. When things become to stagnant, inequality within capitalist systems grows to an unsustainable level, that's when resentment and social order breaks down.

Luckily throughout history we have had periods when the order has, to some degree, been recent. Wars have been good for resetting the capitalist order, as have technological revolutions etc. You need something that kicks things about a bit, and lets the hierarchy shuffle around, some people go up, and some go down.. and the gap between the top and the bottom shrinks a bit.

Personally for me, we are getting to the point in the post-internet era, where things need a reset. We have very established industrial leaders now, with near monopolies, and far to much power. I would, for example, love a complete re-think of how we approach copy-write and patent law. I think in our new technological market place that would be the massive shakeup needed to reset the system a bit.
So you agree that the poor are being exploited?

And by the way I am not poor. I go to private school. Pur teavher told us about this. He has an Economics degree from Cambridge and he told us this stuff.

He is right too I guess. He is smarter than the rest of us.

It is not news that the poor have been exploited for ages. That is what happens in society, the privileged exploit those less fortunate than themselves. Even a new system would still see such exploitation.

Good for you to be at a private school. I hope you realise how fortunate you are and you should use your privilege to help others.
Original post by Wired_1800
It is not news that the poor have been exploited for ages. That is what happens in society, the privileged exploit those less fortunate than themselves. Even a new system would still see such exploitation.

Good for you to be at a private school. I hope you realise how fortunate you are and you should use your privilege to help others.

thanks. I want to change the world. Make it a better place for everyone. Increase equality. I find an alternative to make everyone happy.
Original post by oogabooga21420
First of all, what was your sample size that you used?
A survey with a smaller sample size isn't going to be very accurate.

Secondly, you only mentioned that you asked people on the bus. This is going to be extremely bias to people that who can't afford cars, so this is likely to skew the results of the survey.

People in cars would be biased as well. This system benefits them. Cheap labour, exploitation of the poor, calssism to keep them above the rest and a lot more

Anyone can make those up. Look around you. People get divorced quickly. Rape is going up. Crime is going up. What about education? How is our education system.

I think your doing this on purpose.. clearly trying to pretend you think the world is the opposite of what it actually is.

Rape is not going up.. in fact its going down, and has gone down dramatically.. What has gone up is the social acceptance of women being able to report rape, and the definition of rape being expanded. rape within marriage wasn't even a thing a few decades ago, imagine if all of those women had reported what is now considered rape?

Crime is down. Across the board.

Divorce rates peaked in the 90s, and are now going down. (Admittedly, this is because less people are marrying)

Education? We are the highest educated generation in history.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Capitalism doesn't need to be abolished, or gotten rid of..

We just need to hit the reset-switch once in a while. When things become to stagnant, inequality within capitalist systems grows to an unsustainable level, that's when resentment and social order breaks down.

Luckily throughout history we have had periods when the order has, to some degree, been recent. Wars have been good for resetting the capitalist order, as have technological revolutions etc. You need something that kicks things about a bit, and lets the hierarchy shuffle around, some people go up, and some go down.. and the gap between the top and the bottom shrinks a bit.

Personally for me, we are getting to the point in the post-internet era, where things need a reset. We have very established industrial leaders now, with near monopolies, and far to much power. I would, for example, love a complete re-think of how we approach copy-write and patent law. I think in our new technological market place that would be the massive shakeup needed to reset the system a bit.

He isnt talking about what we need to do. Just google him. Forgot his name. Has some Ram kind of name.

He says tht it will Happen. No escaping it
Original post by fallen_acorns
I think your doing this on purpose.. clearly trying to pretend you think the world is the opposite of what it actually is.

Rape is not going up.. in fact its going down, and has gone down dramatically.. What has gone up is the social acceptance of women being able to report rape, and the definition of rape being expanded. rape within marriage wasn't even a thing a few decades ago, imagine if all of those women had reported what is now considered rape?

Crime is down. Across the board.

Divorce rates peaked in the 90s, and are now going down. (Admittedly, this is because less people are marrying)

Education? We are the highest educated generation in history.

Ok. Why are public school students disadvantaged and advantages are given to private school students??

And regarding rape, The police doesnt do anything about it. Look at the BBCs documentary on abuse.

I spoke to a 16 year old last week in scotlanbd who comitted suicide cause the abuser wouldnt be etouchedby the police.

Her sister told me 2 days ago that she died.
People in cars would be biased as well. This system benefits them. Cheap labour, exploitation of the poor, calssism to keep them above the rest and a lot more

Exactly, what i'm saying is you are using a sample size that doesn't represent the population.
For a statistic to be accurate you have to ask people from all backgrounds, not just people who would skew the data in your favour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending