The Student Room Group

ailurophile's journey to 3 A*

Scroll to see replies

Thank you! Maths, Economics and Politics. Trying to get the grades to go to LSE!
Original post by Ailurophile03
Thank you soo much, good luck to u too! 😀
Btw which a level are you doing
Sameeee

When are your exams starting? Mine's on May 2nd. :afraid:
Best of luck!:smile:
Original post by basbousa
Thank you! Maths, Economics and Politics. Trying to get the grades to go to LSE!
6th:frown:
Original post by _pxmudi_
When are your exams starting? Mine's on May 2nd. :afraid:
Hello everyone:hello:! I am ailurophile and this is my first blog on tsr:biggrin:.
I have decided to start a gyg thread as i am always demotivated to study:frown:, so if anyone has any good inspirational or motivational quote don't hesitate to share it with me!

I am currently doing my AS on biology, chemistry and Physics and i would love to become a surgeon someday:biggrin:.

If anyone wants to be tagged to removed from tag please let me know:colondollar:

Spoiler

Ooooh!! Ohhhhh! Tag me! And I think that’s amazing you want to become a surgeon someday! :love: you’ve got my support 100%.
Original post by HopefulAgony37
Ooooh!! Ohhhhh! Tag me! And I think that’s amazing you want to become a surgeon someday! :love: you’ve got my support 100%.

Thank you! It means a lot:heart:
Reply 46
how are u doing at school
Original post by KimNoel
how are u doing at school

Actually i dont go to school:biggrin:
I'm home schooled:tongue:
But studies are going good i guest, what about urs
Ahhhhhh only a month left till exam and I must admit that I'm freaking out.

My preparation for physics wasn't that good so I didn't register for that exam:colondollar:, but I'm going to give bio and chem:biggrin:

My prep for bio is okayish
Unit1: almost nailed
Unit2: needs practice
Unit3: terrible (will have to work on it)

Chem
Unit1: nailed
Unit 2: bad (I think I have Alzheimer's because I forgot almost everything from here:frown::colondollar:)
Unit 3: needs practice
P.s would love to know know how your revision is going:heart:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Best of luck!! :rave: We can do this!
Revision-wise, it's okay? :dontknow: I should be doing more though :sadnod:
Original post by nyxnko_

Awww ...good luck....we CAN do this and smash our exams (hopefully):yes:
Original post by nyxnko_

Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Awww ...good luck....we CAN do this and smash our exams (hopefully):yes:

Thanks guysss:heart:
Thanks guysss:heart:

:cube:
Reply 53
17/02/2019

for those who don't know, i am home schooled. i feel like because of this, i get easily distracted throughout the day. So i have decided to start studying from 5 am till 11 am, and thn go over my notes whenever i have the mood to study. in this way i'll have the whole day to procrastinate:biggrin:
let me know what u guys think about this!

today i had a quite a productive day
i did 3 physics question paper
3 bio question paper
and 3 physics question paper

lovely people
@RazzzBerries
@nyxnko_
@_pxmudi_

Do you have a tutor? How long have you been home schooled? Do you have to finance your own A level exams or does the government sponsor you? Which exam boards are you using? If you're not using CIE, have you done the A level science practical endorsement? Sorry Im so curious :colondollar:.
Original post by Amzy*
Do you have a tutor? How long have you been home schooled? Do you have to finance your own A level exams or does the government sponsor you? Which exam boards are you using? If you're not using CIE, have you done the A level science practical endorsement? Sorry Im so curious :colondollar:.

Hey ahaha np!
Yup I have tutors:biggrin:, I have been homeschooled since year 9 (GCSE). I have decided to be home schooled as I moved into a new country and was having a slight problem fitting in and understanding the educational system (I used to live in Italy). I felt like if I had a tutor I could have extra attention which would help me. And I must admit it helped me hugely! (Plus I felt like at school I used to waste a lot of time:colondollar:).
I don't understand what u mean by if the Government sponsors me but I do pay for my exam:tongue:

I'm doing edexcel, well ummmm for practicals I watch YouTube videos because I have only written practicals:biggrin:
Reply 55
she means by government sponsers is that the government pays for your education, instead of you paying for it

Spoiler

Hey ahaha np!
Yup I have tutors:biggrin:, I have been homeschooled since year 9 (GCSE). I have decided to be home schooled as I moved into a new country and was having a slight problem fitting in and understanding the educational system (I used to live in Italy). I felt like if I had a tutor I could have extra attention which would help me. And I must admit it helped me hugely! (Plus I felt like at school I used to waste a lot of time:colondollar:).
I don't understand what u mean by if the Government sponsors me but I do pay for my exam:tongue:

I'm doing edexcel, well ummmm for practicals I watch YouTube videos because I have only written practicals:biggrin:
Original post by KimNoel
she means by government sponsers is that the government pays for your education, instead of you paying for it

Spoiler

Nopee I pay for it:biggrin:
I didn't even there was an option for that:colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 57
yeah they do that for uni

Spoiler

Nopee I pay for it:biggrin:
I didn't even there was an option for that:colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 58
Hey ahaha np!

Smart move to home school!

If you're taking your A levels in England then your A level sciences should have two grades the A level grade (A*, A, B, etc) and the practical endorsement grade (pass/ unclassified). The A level science practical endorsement is assessed using Common Practical Assessment Criteria (CPAC), you have to perform a minimum of 12 practicals using required apparatus and observed by staff at a registered assessment centre. Not completing the practical endorsement results in a 'not classified' unless exempt due to disability. Degrees like medicine state in their entry requirements that students should pass their practical endorsement.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/News/A%20level%20news/Practical_Endorsement_Letter_June_2015.pdf

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/biology-a/2015/teaching-and-learning-materials/CPAC-faqs.pdf
(edited 5 years ago)
I was actually wondering if I could take some of ur help since we take the same a level subjects and I'm homeschooled but my parents can't afford tutors for me

Quick Reply

Latest