The Student Room Group

What does everyone want from Brexit ? You have 4 options

Poll

what do you want

1) no deal - not that bad. some good things, some bad. it's risky but it could work.

2) may's deal - everyone voted against it in parliament, so therefore it won't happen. it wasn't that good anyway.

3) cancel brexit - this will cause riots, and the last 2 years would have been wasted. in all that time you could have learnt a new language, started a business etc.

4) a second referendum - this will cause even more aggression, violence, arguing and hostility in society.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wow what an unbelievably biased presentation of "options" lmao

I think a career at the Daily Mail is awaiting...or looming :x
I agree 100%

May's deal would of sorted this out but unfortunately selfish are trying for their own goals over what the electorate wanted
Original post by artful_lounger
Wow what an unbelievably biased presentation of "options" lmao

I think a career at the Daily Mail is awaiting...or looming :x

How are the options biast?

@Nalk1573 opinion of them is but the options are not.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Burton Bridge
How are the options biast?

@Nalk1573

The descriptions create bias, only the bold needed to be said.
Original post by Bio 7
The descriptions create bias, only the bold needed to be said.

I'll give you that but still the choices are not biast and I'm sure of it was the other way around nothing would of been said.
(edited 5 years ago)
No deal. No deal is the best option and is what was voted for. We didn't vote for a deal we voted to leave, cancelling Brexit would cause civil unrest as democracy has failed and would not be in mps best interest. As for another referendum it would be a mistake as how many referendums should there be? the best of 5? best of 10? etc. If there was another referendum it would be biased towards the remoaners.
Reply 7
Original post by Nalk1573
1) no deal - not that bad. some good things, some bad. it's risky but it could work.

2) may's deal - everyone voted against it in parliament, so therefore it won't happen. it wasn't that good anyway.

3) cancel brexit - this will cause riots, and the last 2 years would have been wasted. in all that time you could have learnt a new language, started a business etc.

4) a second referendum - this will cause even more aggression, violence, arguing and hostility in society.

I could suck it up on May's deal if the backstop was removed (i am comfortable with a hard border) but as things stand i would vote for No Deal.
No deal.

Britain ends up as a post apocolytic hellscape. Maybe then British people might gain some humility and perspective of their place in the world.
As things stand no deal, the shock I believe will sharpen minds on all sides and will see a much better deal being negotiated.
I WANT Brexit cancelled, But in fairness i'd need to go with a 2nd ref, at this point I feel the determination not to is the exact reason it should be done. I don't care much if people moan at having to vote again, they can spare 30 mins if they're so sure. It isn't like what we're doing now is working.
So am I right in understanding that UKIP never had a plan for leaving the EU? Despite the fact that this is the type of thing they were campaigning for, for years?
Original post by TolleyQuantum
So am I right in understanding that UKIP never had a plan for leaving the EU? Despite the fact that this is the type of thing they were campaigning for, for years?

Why would they, they were never likely to form a government.
But UKIP would probably just leave then deal with the EU, which is what there is now an outside possibility of happening.
Original post by ColinDent
Why would they, they were never likely to form a government.

So, because they were never likely to form a government they never bothered putting the work in? I get it, they considered it as being pointless... But still, wouldn't it have painted them in a good light? That they believe in the idea? That it's possible? That they're not just a bunch of lazy self entitled white dudes? That they have some knowledge of how Political, Social and Economic systems work? That they weren't just a joke? That they were capable?

Am I reading into this too much?
Reply 14
I cannot support a No Deal Brexit due to the socio-economic evidence released which clearly states the deep ramifications about trading on WTO rules and quite frankly, I don't think the government has a sensible contingency plan in place just in case we leave without a deal and businesses aren't sufficiently prepared for a No Deal Brexit. I also cannot support Theresa May's botched Brexit deal as there are many flaws in her deal and I would personally advocate for a soft Brexit (Norway-style Brexit) as it has the least socio-economic consequences and it would solve the problem with the Irish backstop, an issue that has been causing anxiety and uncertainty between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland due to concerns about the Good Friday Agreement falling apart. As much as I would like to cancel Brexit, I believe that the sensible thing to do is to bring this back to the people through a People's Vote/Second Referendum and let the people vote on what should happen next through three options: Theresa May's Deal, No Deal or Cancel Brexit through revoking Article 50.
Original post by StriderHort
I WANT Brexit cancelled, But in fairness i'd need to go with a 2nd ref, at this point I feel the determination not to is the exact reason it should be done. I don't care much if people moan at having to vote again, they can spare 30 mins if they're so sure. It isn't like what we're doing now is working.

Pmsl How's that fair?

I don't care about you're moaning, grow up and look for a compromise
remain
Original post by TolleyQuantum
So, because they were never likely to form a government they never bothered putting the work in? I get it, they considered it as being pointless... But still, wouldn't it have painted them in a good light? That they believe in the idea? That it's possible? That they're not just a bunch of lazy self entitled white dudes? That they have some knowledge of how Political, Social and Economic systems work? That they weren't just a joke? That they were capable?

Am I reading into this too much?

Yes, I told you what they would likely do, just leave.
You might not like it but it is a plan.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I cannot support a No Deal Brexit due to the socio-economic evidence released which clearly states the deep ramifications about trading on WTO rules and quite frankly, I don't think the government has a sensible contingency plan in place just in case we leave without a deal and businesses aren't sufficiently prepared for a No Deal Brexit. I also cannot support Theresa May's botched Brexit deal as there are many flaws in her deal and I would personally advocate for a soft Brexit (Norway-style Brexit) as it has the least socio-economic consequences and it would solve the problem with the Irish backstop, an issue that has been causing anxiety and uncertainty between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland due to concerns about the Good Friday Agreement falling apart. As much as I would like to cancel Brexit, I believe that the sensible thing to do is to bring this back to the people through a People's Vote/Second Referendum and let the people vote on what should happen next through three options: Theresa May's Deal, No Deal or Cancel Brexit through revoking Article 50.

Aww another for the master plan,

Rigging the result to purposely splitting the leave vote between deal and no deal and keeping the remain vote united. Fairnesss.. :banghead:

A Norway plus deal is not a compromise, I think the entire country would rather remain than this. Its utterly pointless
Original post by Nalk1573

I would settle for either 'May's Deal' or 'No Deal'...

I am curious what evidence you have that there would be riots if Brexit was cancelled or if there was a second referendum.

You sound a lot like Brexiteer who has lost site of where society actually stands... The Brexit vote was won marginally, not many (if any) people anticipated it would be this tumultous, I do not think its unreasonable to assume that on the back of that, a large number of people may have changed their mind, making them impartial to a second referendum or cancellation?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending