The Student Room Group

When do I sort everything out for uni

When do I take out a loan, sort out accommodation etc? I'll be starting in 2020
Original post by YasudaSayo
When do I take out a loan, sort out accommodation etc? I'll be starting in 2020

Have you applied through UCAS and got a deferred offer?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Have you applied through UCAS and got a deferred offer?

No I'll be applying in late 2019, I'm only in my 1st year at college, I'm just wondering in what month everything happens just so I know what's gonna happen next year
Original post by YasudaSayo
No I'll be applying in late 2019, I'm only in my 1st year at college, I'm just wondering in what month everything happens just so I know what's gonna happen next year

Start here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-to-university

I'm sure your college will help you
UCAS will open in September 2019 to start you application, accommodation depends on where you apply. Some will open in December 2019 some won’t open until April 2020. It also depends on where you apply when you can apply for accommodation some say you have to put them at your firm before you can apply others say as soon as you have an offer. Student finance normally opens around February/March and closes at the end of May. The earlier you get your student finance application in the better it’s just easy to tick it off the list as done so you don’t panic last minute and get any of the information wrong.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application for next year. It’s a pretty hectic time but when the offers start coming through it makes it worth it :smile:
You apply by January. You will hear back from all your unis (depending on the course youre doing and where you applied) by april or late march. Some people still hear back after then but i think youre meant to hear back before the end of march but idk. Accommodation is sorted out by the uni so it varies from place to place. You firm and insurance your unis by may, usually you would then pick your accommodation for your first choice in may. Then you get results in august, finalise wheere youre going and accommodation. Loans and **** idk tbh i havent even gotton onto that stage yet so imma guess april/may

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending