The Student Room Group

University of Sussex accommodation

Hi,

I have just got my email from the University of Sussex saying that I need to submit a housing application as soon as I can. I’ve looked at the housing online but I haven’t had a chance to do a housing tour yet and it’s pretty difficult to judge the accommodation from just the pictures.

I don’t have a particular budget for rent as my loan will cover most of it regardless of what I choose. My one must-have is an en-suite bathroom though.
Would anyone be able to make some recommendations?

Thank you!
East slope or swanbrough are the ones you should pick, en-suite and close to your lecture halls compared to northfield and stamner court, all though I will say, just because you apply for them, on results day they, it’s not a guarantee you’ll get the ones you pick, it’s more of a list of the ones you would like to go for and they try and give them to you but you might not get the ones you pick due to demand
Reply 2
Thank you! I know east slope will be in pretty high demand because it’s all new but the pictures look really nice. It’s a difficult decision!
Original post by Tango_16
East slope or swanbrough are the ones you should pick, en-suite and close to your lecture halls compared to northfield and stamner court, all though I will say, just because you apply for them, on results day they, it’s not a guarantee you’ll get the ones you pick, it’s more of a list of the ones you would like to go for and they try and give them to you but you might not get the ones you pick due to demand
They are still building east slope so next year they will have even more space. I would look at brighthelm and northfield too. Both good places to stay although northfield is far from everything and can be a bit dead but hear their party’s are good.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! I know east slope will be in pretty high demand because it’s all new but the pictures look really nice. It’s a difficult decision!

Quick Reply

Latest