The Student Room Group

Anyone Study Two University Courses?

Does anyone on this site study more than one degree at the same time? I've been considering it for a little while.
Reply 1
Original post by JustAFilmStudent
Does anyone on this site study more than one degree at the same time? I've been considering it for a little while.

How would you do it both practically and financially?
Original post by Doones
How would you do it both practically and financially?

Practically isn't my major concern, financially is. I'm not desperate to study another but I'm interested to see if anyone else has.
Reply 3
Practically isn't my major concern, financially is. I'm not desperate to study another but I'm interested to see if anyone else has.

They both should be. But you won't any student finance for a 2nd degree, whether it's concurrent or not.

Would you do doing both courses at the same university? That wouldn't be allowed.

Alternatively you know there are joint honours? Half one course plus half another course.
Original post by Doones
They both should be. But you won't any student finance for a 2nd degree, whether it's concurrent or not.

Would you do doing both courses at the same university? That wouldn't be allowed.

Alternatively you know there are joint honours? Half one course plus half another course.

If I wouldn't get student finance for the 2nd, I won't bother. Not necessarily, I was considering the Open University, so I could work from home. Not really interested in joint honors either.
Reply 5
If I wouldn't get student finance for the 2nd, I won't bother. Not necessarily, I was considering the Open University, so I could work from home. Not really interested in joint honors either.

Some STEM courses qualify for funding if it's part-time. The OU could be a route.
http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/fees-and-funding/equivalent-qualifications
there are double degree courses but they're more popular overseas

I think all medicine courses are technically 2 degrees at the same time - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending