The Student Room Group

MP has solution for knife crime!!!

Scott Mann, Conservative MP for North Cornwall, has announced a guaranteed solution to knife crime:

"Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc."
https://twitter.com/scottmann4NC/status/1106128906480951296

Twitter is amused:
"There's been a stabbing"
"Quick, get me the GPS tracking for every knife in a 3 mile radius"
"OK, it says there are 120,000 of them, mostly in kitchens"
"*******s, thought we had them then"
"Could ask those young lads with the machete"
"Nah, they've got a mackerel, been fishing"

You’re not the sharpest gps tagged knife are are you?

etc...
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well, he is Cornish.

Kettles are new technology to them lot.
When you read stuff like this you realise how Brexit came to be such a cluster fluck.
These Bozos are meant to be amongst our brightest and best.
Reply 3
Original post by Just my opinion
These Bozos are meant to be amongst our brightest and best.

Says who?
Reply 4
Original post by Drewski
Says who?

The people who vote for them...?
I'm sure everyone knows that you Cannot reduce any form of crime to zero. If even the most well-meaning government understands that then some proper action would be taken
Original post by Doones

Isn't that how we almost ended up with a research vessel called Boaty Mcboatface? (Rather than just a remote sub)
Reply 7
Original post by Salostar
Isn't that how we almost ended up with a research vessel called Boaty Mcboatface? (Rather than just a remote sub)

Knifey McKnifeface
Reply 8
Original post by Doones

Where does it say they're the best and brightest, though? They're just the people we elect. There are no requirements.
Stabby McStabface
Reply 10
GPSy McLost
Murder weapon wants to know your location.
Reply 12
Well it may not be the most cutting-edge solution, but at least he had a stab at trying.
Original post by Doones
Scott Mann, Conservative MP for North Cornwall, has announced a guaranteed solution to knife crime:

"Every knife sold in the UK should have a gps tracker fitted in the handle. It’s time we had a national database like we do with guns. If you’re carrying it around you had better have a bloody good explanation, obvious exemptions for fishing etc."

Twitter is amused:

etc...

I like the idea. We should have a database for weapons or a way to track them.
Reply 14
Original post by Wired_1800
I like the idea.

Why does this not surprise me.
Original post by Dez
Well it may not be the most cutting-edge solution, but at least he had a stab at trying.

I think this idea could spread.
What if people just start stabbing each other using forks instead?
Original post by tazarooni89
What if people just start stabbing each other using forks instead?

Tridents? :biggrin:

From a couple of reports I've seen and from what I've heard it already happens with screwdrivers, so wouldn't surprise me.
When are we getting rid of all the tools in the parliament?
Original post by Doones

Twitter is amused:

etc...

Bloody imbecile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending