The Student Room Group

personal statement similarity

UCAS have caught 38% similarity in my personal statement and i have interview next week ?any one have the same experience ? what they will ask about in interview and how i should answer it?however the similarity is not about any activity that i have never done its just well shaped sentences about my ambitious and something like that.
Reply 1
Original post by fofo99
UCAS have caught 38% similarity in my personal statement and i have interview next week ?any one have the same experience ? what they will ask about in interview and how i should answer it?however the similarity is not about any activity that i have never done its just well shaped sentences about my ambitious and something like that.

Did you plagiarise it from other sources?
Reply 2
i took some sentence from other sources
Original post by fofo99
i took some sentence from other sources

So you did plagiarise. Universities take plagiarism very seriously, so don't be surprised if they explicitly ask you about it. It doesn't matter if the sentences you stole don't talk about your qualifications/experiences, you still copied them verbatim so the ideas and voice of the work is not your own.
Reply 4
do i need to contact the university to send revised one ,the university didn't ask me for that , they send the invitation of the interview before UCAS contact them about the similarity?
Original post by fofo99
do i need to contact the university to send revised one ,the university didn't ask me for that , they send the invitation of the interview before UCAS contact them about the similarity?

You can email them about it, but they may not give you the chance to send a revised one, as it's purely on you to not plagiarise in the first place.
You have started university yet, and already begun plagiarising.

Quick Reply