The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MSt in International Relations 2019/21

Hi, has anyone heard (received an offer or rejected) from ICE at Cambridge about the 2019 entry for the MSt in International Relations?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I haven't heard anything yet. When did you apply and have you heard anything?
Original post by mrtn2019
Hi, has anyone heard (received an offer or rejected) from ICE at Cambridge about the 2019 entry for the MSt in International Relations?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by LHSW90
Hi, I haven't heard anything yet. When did you apply and have you heard anything?

I applied for this programme in February. You? When did you apply?
I've not heard anything yet. It says ''Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted.''
Reply 3
So I was a bit of a keano and applied in October. I have had an interview but that was early Feb and haven't heard anything since then. My status says exactly the same as you. It is still pretty early days though, best to just wait out I think! I hope you hear good news soon
I applied for this programme in February. You? When did you apply?
I've not heard anything yet. It says ''Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted.''
Reply 4
Original post by LHSW90
So I was a bit of a keano and applied in October. I have had an interview but that was early Feb and haven't heard anything since then. My status says exactly the same as you. It is still pretty early days though, best to just wait out I think! I hope you hear good news soon

I hope you get the good news soon too! Fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you get in!
Was the interview quite technical? I mean did they ask questions regarding the field or more like about your experience and background? Or was it about the thesis proposal? How long did the interview take? Apparently some people were accepted to this programme without an interview.

Did they give you the option to be interviewed face to face?
Sorry for too many questions but I am just curious about the process :smile: Thanks for your posts btw.
Reply 5
It was mainly about my academic studies, professional experience, thesis proposal and my motivations for wanting to do the programme. It wasn't technical so I wasn't quizzed on IR theory or current affairs etc, however I guess it depends on the tutor.

I was given the option of Skype or face to face and chose face to face as it was convenient for both of our schedules. The interview was about 40 minutes and I felt like the tutor was trying to make me feel at ease. Yes I have also read a thread that said that some people aren't interviewed, I guess it depends on how strong a person/application is?

I didn't feel confident post interview but I'll try to patiently wait for the outcome!

L
I hope you get the good news soon too! Fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you get in!
Was the interview quite technical? I mean did they ask questions regarding the field or more like about your experience and background? Or was it about the thesis proposal? How long did the interview take? Apparently some people were accepted to this programme without an interview.

Did they give you the option to be interviewed face to face?
Sorry for too many questions but I am just curious about the process :smile: Thanks for your posts btw.
Hi,I have also applied and yet to hear back. My application status reads “Submitted”. I did submit my application in February. All the best.
Reply 7
I've also applied for the programme in February. Have you got in touch with the department? Thanks for sharing your status with us and good luck with your application. All the best.

Original post by CllrSally
Hi,I have also applied and yet to hear back. My application status reads “Submitted”. I did submit my application in February. All the best.
Reply 8
Any more updates from the applicants for 2019 intake?
I applied in February and haven't heard anything from the admissions office yet.
Reply 9
Hello again. Have you had any correspondence? I had a further phone interview today. Again, I'm just keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome!
Any more updates from the applicants for 2019 intake?
I applied in February and haven't heard anything from the admissions office yet.
Reply 10
Hi LHSW90, sounds that you've a very high chance receiving your offer soon :smile: fingers crossed!
Thanks for sharing this with us. I actually didn't know that they interview candidates more than once. What was the second interview about and how long did it take if I may ask?

Original post by LHSW90
Hello again. Have you had any correspondence? I had a further phone interview today. Again, I'm just keeping everything crossed for a positive outcome!
Reply 11
Thanks for your encouraging words mrtn2019, I hope we all hear back with a positive answer soon. It was similar things to my first interview but I think as I am more of a non standard applicant that might be why I've had another interview? I think each application really is treated on a case by case basis so please don't be worried if you haven't heard back yet. I did apply in October as an early bird which is probably why I've heard back. L
Hi LHSW90, sounds that you've a very high chance receiving your offer soon :smile: fingers crossed!
Thanks for sharing this with us. I actually didn't know that they interview candidates more than once. What was the second interview about and how long did it take if I may ask?
Reply 12
Thanks for your response. And I wish you a great weekend.

I'll post here as soon as I've heard from the department. I've not heard anything since I applied in February but I guess that's normal. It takes a couple of months for them to process I guess.

Anyway, would be nice to hear from other people who applied for this course.

Original post by LHSW90
Thanks for your encouraging words mrtn2019, I hope we all hear back with a positive answer soon. It was similar things to my first interview but I think as I am more of a non standard applicant that might be why I've had another interview? I think each application really is treated on a case by case basis so please don't be worried if you haven't heard back yet. I did apply in October as an early bird which is probably why I've heard back. L
Hello everyone !

Currently applicant for this program, I have decided to ask by email at the ICE administration when will we receive the responses ? Here is their answer:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the department has not yet sent out any offers or rejections for this course. Please monitor your inbox for a decision within the next few weeks.

Please note that it sometimes takes up to 3 months for a decision to be reached for this course.

Best regards,"
Reply 14
Hi there, thanks for your message.

Btw- when did you apply for this course? Have you been interviewed already?

Original post by French Sitbon
Hi everyone, Currently applicant for this program, I have decided to ask by email at the ICE administration when we will receive the decisions. Here is their answer:
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi Mrtn2019

I did my application in february and I haven't interviewed yet.
Hi there, thanks for your message.

Btw- when did you apply for this course? Have you been interviewed already?
Reply 16
I applied in February too. Nothing so far.

I don't think the department interviews every single successful applicant. At least that's what I've read on the previous years' threads...It all depends on an applicant's background and thesis proposal apparently.

I think they will start sending offers or rejections toward the end of this month or from early May. So fingers crossed! :smile:

Original post by French Sitbon
Hi Mrtn2019

I did my application in february and I haven't interviewed yet.
Reply 17
Has anyone heard anything further? I've not had a decision either way yet!
Reply 18
I have not heard anything yet. No notification from the department and no update from the ICE yet.

However, I spoke to one of the admissions officers and was told that quite a few applicants have already received an offer.

Original post by LHSW90
Has anyone heard anything further? I've not had a decision either way yet!
(edited 4 years ago)
Do you have in your admission portal this sentence: "Status: Submitted - Your application has been submitted. Your application number will be generated within 2 working days" and what does that mean?

Quick Reply