The Student Room Group

FCA Graduate Scheme 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

I got an Email two days after completing the motivation questions about a phone interview. Does anyone know the questions they ask on the phone interview?
When’s your phone interview?
Monday. You?
Reply 23
Original post by hannahrt94
I heard back last Friday, but I was in the Dec AC so that could be why. Hope they get back to you soon!

Hi, I hope your assessment centre went well, do you remember the structure of the day or what you had to do, I have one coming up and would like to know what to prep..
Reply 24
Original post by EbrahimS
I got an Email two days after completing the motivation questions about a phone interview. Does anyone know the questions they ask on the phone interview?

Have you had the phone interview yet?, what kinda questions did u get asked??
Reply 25
Hi guys, was just wondering if youre invited to the motivational questionnaire only if you pass the online tests? And how long after do they take to notify you if you passed the online tests or not? Thanks!
I just applied for supervision, what's the Verify G+ test? It sounds daunting!
Reply 27
Hi everyone, just been invited to a phone interview for the data analytics scheme, was wondering what kind of questions they ask you?
i'm in the same boat- got a telephone interview soon. anyone know what qs will come up?
Reply 29
Hi guys, I have a telephone interview coming up soon so was wondering if anyone could kindly message me some of the questions they asked? Would be much appreciated!
Original post by SaifA98
Hi guys, I have a telephone interview coming up soon so was wondering if anyone could kindly message me some of the questions they asked? Would be much appreciated!

There were couple of comments on glassdoor website about FCA graduate scheme interviews. Although the posts were from few years ago, they commented that the interviews were based on competencies, and asking your knowledge about FCA. It may vary depending on the role you've applied to but preparing for basic interview questions won't do any harm! :smile:

btw, I have to do Verify G+ test, is it similar to regular logical, numerical tests?
Reply 31
So, my interview was in December so I can't remember the exact questions but it followed the structure of: motivational questions, competency questions and then questions about your knowledge of the FCA.

I was asked why I wanted to work for the FCA and why I applied for a role in the particular division. Think I was also asked what I could bring to the FCA! Was also asked how it could help with my future career goals.

For competency, I was asked about my achievements, then about a time I had to influence or convince someone, and then about a time I was faced with a difficult challenge and how I dealt with it.

For the knowledge questions, I think I was asked something about the FCA's values and what I thought of them, then about the future challenges the FCA faced. Think I was also asked about what achievement of the FCA I was most impressed by or something along those lines!

You also need to remember to prepare a couple of questions for the end of the interview!

I didn't get any further than the telephone interview so not sure how much of my advice you'll want to take haha, but I also went onto Glassdoor and researched every possible question I could be asked as part of the grad scheme application. I then grouped these into either motivational, knowledge or competency and wrote up bullet points for each one. I printed them out and laid them all out on the table in front of me during my interview which helped a lot!

I've had the same job since I was 16 and so hadn't done an interview in 4+ years and I got very nervous and panicked that my first interview was for such a big thing. So another thing I'd say is, if you're in the same position as I was, maybe practise, practise and practise and get someone to question you as if you're in an interview. I think that would really have helped me.

The lady I had couldn't have been nicer and really did try to make me feel less nervous. I know it's easier said than done but if you really try to stay calm and you've planned some answers you should be fine!!

Good luck all!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the phone interview!

Original post by rsy97
So, my interview was in December so I can't remember the exact questions but it followed the structure of: motivational questions, competency questions and then questions about your knowledge of the FCA.

I was asked why I wanted to work for the FCA and why I applied for a role in the particular division. Think I was also asked what I could bring to the FCA! Was also asked how it could help with my future career goals.

For competency, I was asked about my achievements, then about a time I had to influence or convince someone, and then about a time I was faced with a difficult challenge and how I dealt with it.

For the knowledge questions, I think I was asked something about the FCA's values and what I thought of them, then about the future challenges the FCA faced. Think I was also asked about what achievement of the FCA I was most impressed by or something along those lines!

You also need to remember to prepare a couple of questions for the end of the interview!

I didn't get any further than the telephone interview so not sure how much of my advice you'll want to take haha, but I also went onto Glassdoor and researched every possible question I could be asked as part of the grad scheme application. I then grouped these into either motivational, knowledge or competency and wrote up bullet points for each one. I printed them out and laid them all out on the table in front of me during my interview which helped a lot!

I've had the same job since I was 16 and so hadn't done an interview in 4+ years and I got very nervous and panicked that my first interview was for such a big thing. So another thing I'd say is, if you're in the same position as I was, maybe practise, practise and practise and get someone to question you as if you're in an interview. I think that would really have helped me.

The lady I had couldn't have been nicer and really did try to make me feel less nervous. I know it's easier said than done but if you really try to stay calm and you've planned some answers you should be fine!!

Good luck all!
My interview was in November and I received an offer last week; can't really remember much about the interview but it was very detailed regarding what the FCA does. Read about their strategic objective (As well as their new something else objective, can't remember what it was), vision, mission, recent achievements, etc. Also know the role and why you're suitable for it
Reply 34
Hello everyone, does anybody know how long it takes to hear back after the telephone interview? Completed mine about 7 working days ago and still waiting.

In anybody else in a similar position ?

Thanks
Original post by zcQ
Hello everyone, does anybody know how long it takes to hear back after the telephone interview? Completed mine about 7 working days ago and still waiting.

In anybody else in a similar position ?

Thanks

Yeah, I had mine about three weeks ago, haven't heard anything since.
Reply 36
Ah that's annoying! did they give you a time frame in which to expect an outcome? Has the status of the online application changed at all?

Guess we just have to be patient.
Original post by spectral_theory
Yeah, I had mine about three weeks ago, haven't heard anything since.
Original post by zcQ
Ah that's annoying! did they give you a time frame in which to expect an outcome? Has the status of the online application changed at all?

Guess we just have to be patient.

At the end of the interview they said they'd aim to inform me of the outcome within the next couple of weeks, and that there were two assessment centres available should I get to that stage: one at the end of March, and one in early April. Judging from other applicants' comments it seems as though FCA can be quite slow, particularly for giving feedback. The status of my application just says this:

"Thank you very much for taking part in the recent first round telephone interview.

Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process."
Reply 38
Original post by spectral_theory
At the end of the interview they said they'd aim to inform me of the outcome within the next couple of weeks, and that there were two assessment centres available should I get to that stage: one at the end of March, and one in early April. Judging from other applicants' comments it seems as though FCA can be quite slow, particularly for giving feedback. The status of my application just says this:

"Thank you very much for taking part in the recent first round telephone interview.

Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process."

What role was this for?
Original post by SaifA98
What role was this for?

The Actuarial Graduate Programme.

Quick Reply

Latest