The Student Room Group

A Level PE vs Chemistry

Have anyone done PE and Chemistry for A levels? If so... which one did you find easier? Also is there any specific A level that is too hard that you wouldn't recommend for me to take?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Chemistry is definitely harder.
Yep that's why am probably going to do PE not Chemistry Hahahahaah
Original post by Vorpent
Chemistry is definitely harder.
Reply 4
i have a friend who did both pe and chemistry, but dropped chemistry after y12 because she didnt enjoy it.

chemistry is definately harder, but i know that pe is not easy. theres lots you have to know for pe, a bit of biology chem physics history sociology applied to sports. i heard from my friend that its quite hard to get high marks in the coursework style work they have to and its hard to score highly in playing your chosen sports unless youre really good at it. which is good if you are!

chemistry is a smaller range to study. theres also no coursework. if you enjoy chem, you'll love the a level. theres no denying its hard work but the amount of work is smaller than most a levels
Reply 5
Original post by Nourhan Wael
Have anyone done PE and Chemistry for A levels? If so... which one did you find easier? Also is there any specific A level that is too hard that you wouldn't recommend for me to take?

What are you other subjects? And plans after finishing school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was thinking about doing Physiotherapy, but still wanted to keep my choices open. So I think I will do PE, Maths, Business, and Biology.
Original post by Doones
What are you other subjects? And plans after finishing school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Yah I'm a swimmer so I think the coursework is fine, as I got a full mark in my swimming in my GCSE PE. I definitely don't enjoy chemistry, but I love PE. I think I will go with PE as I enjoy it much more and my mark in it is also a lot higher.
Original post by sotor
i have a friend who did both pe and chemistry, but dropped chemistry after y12 because she didnt enjoy it.

chemistry is definately harder, but i know that pe is not easy. theres lots you have to know for pe, a bit of biology chem physics history sociology applied to sports. i heard from my friend that its quite hard to get high marks in the coursework style work they have to and its hard to score highly in playing your chosen sports unless youre really good at it. which is good if you are!

chemistry is a smaller range to study. theres also no coursework. if you enjoy chem, you'll love the a level. theres no denying its hard work but the amount of work is smaller than most a levels
I don’t do either I would recommend french
Reply 9
Was thinking about doing Physiotherapy, but still wanted to keep my choices open. So I think I will do PE, Maths, Business, and Biology.

I'd strongly recommend focussing on 3 not 4. Of those 4 which are your best/favourite subjects? Obviously both Biology and PE have relevance to Physiotherapy. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
I also think it would be better to concentrate on 3 A levels, although maybe you could start with 4 and drop one out of Maths or Business depending on how they go?
Original post by Doones
I'd strongly recommend focussing on 3 not 4. Of those 4 which are your best/favourite subjects? Obviously both Biology and PE have relevance to Physiotherapy. :smile:

But in my school, we have to choose 4 then drop 1, and only continue 3 as A Levels in year 13.
Reply 12
But in my school, we have to choose 4 then drop 1, and only continue 3 as A Levels in year 13.

Ok, alternatively can you do an EPQ instead of a 4th subject?
Original post by harrysbar
I also think it would be better to concentrate on 3 A levels, although maybe you could start with 4 and drop one out of Maths or Business depending on how they go?

I think it's a bit obvious that Chemistry is harder?

Well that's pretty much what I was suggesting :smile:

Don't do physics .
You'll definitely have a small class and you're always put on the spot.
It's hard conceptually and maths wise as well. However it is interesting .
we started A2 and it's pretty much GCSE at the start but then it gets really REALLY hard .
But you might like it don't take my word though.
And chemistry is alright I really like organic and physical and inorganic are O.K.
Don't know about A2 though.
I really like biology I'm glad I picked it .
Sorry if I sound contradictory in the beginning .
Hope this helped :smile:
Hello

I did both chemistry and PE for a level

any questions do ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest