The Student Room Group

Tips for shy guys

I’m not the type of guys to care about relationships and all, but there’s this girl I’m friends with, and I think I may like her as more than a friend? Anyways, I’m just looking for tips on how to get further, since I’m not used to this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance
Hello there, firstly you should ask yourself how you feel around her .Does she make you feel happier and more relaxed whenever you are all alone ? if so you most likely do like her and that's alright. My advice is really nothing that spectacular that will magically make her instantly like you but it is what it is so suppose...Start talking to her more ,if you know what she likes try bringing things that are related to that, things that she enjoys doing. I am not talking about makeup and her favourite singer of course, don't worry! Get her to a stage where she is comfortable with you and get it together a d ask her out while looking at her in the eyes , if you're honest and there's a possibility that she likes you then she will probably say yes if not it's okay ,well it would suck but at least you can say that you tried and it just didn't work out .. Anyways you have to be calm and honest look at her in the eyes when you talk and listen to her even if it's the little things that she may be worried about. I hope I helped a bit but it's up to you to give it a shot.Good luck!
Just be you. Sounds cheesy but here me out: most people can tell a fake guy without much. So you may not be confident but start talking to her a bit more often and try to act flirtatious, but make it light.
Reply 3
Original post by Sofia8687
Hello there, firstly you should ask yourself how you feel around her .Does she make you feel happier and more relaxed whenever you are all alone ? if so you most likely do like her and that's alright. My advice is really nothing that spectacular that will magically make her instantly like you but it is what it is so suppose...Start talking to her more ,if you know what she likes try bringing things that are related to that, things that she enjoys doing. I am not talking about makeup and her favourite singer of course, don't worry! Get her to a stage where she is comfortable with you and get it together a d ask her out while looking at her in the eyes , if you're honest and there's a possibility that she likes you then she will probably say yes if not it's okay ,well it would suck but at least you can say that you tried and it just didn't work out .. Anyways you have to be calm and honest look at her in the eyes when you talk and listen to her even if it's the little things that she may be worried about. I hope I helped a bit but it's up to you to give it a shot.Good luck!

Thanks for this. When I’m just hanging out with her, it’s usually just us messing about so I don’t really get the chance to talk to her about the things she likes etc. How can I begin to talk to her without making things weird (if that makes sense)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending