The Student Room Group

I want to cry myself to sleep tonight and wake up a different person.

I want to be somebody else. And I want to be somewhere else. And I want a different brain.

Scroll to see replies

Pick one
I know exactly how you are feeling right now there are so many things which are so negative but i guess the only thing which im doing it talking to many diffrent people and just letting them now really and learning to expect who and how i am
If there's something you want to change about yourself then change it. Only you have the power to make a difference. Don't settle for less than you're happy with.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Pick one

Any brain that isn't like mine, and that I can actually achieve things in life with.
me 3
What happened?
1) I want to be on a beach right now
2) I want to be able to teleport
3) I want wars to stop
4) I want to stop hearing the name Donald Trump

Just a list of a few impossible things I want as well. You will always be you; you need to come to terms that you will never live life as a different person. Coming to this realization, you now need to know that you would not want to live a miserable life and on your death bed thinking about how you spent your whole life wanting to be someone else rather than just living it.

I feel like being harsh with yourself, realizing that coming to terms with the fact that your essentially going to always be you to begin the journey of loving yourself is something very crucial. Each person has their own good qualities. There is this quote I really like, not sure if it’s a Christian prayer, “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.”

I think it’s a nice quote to keep in mind :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
The grass isn’t always greener !
Any brain that isn't like mine, and that I can actually achieve things in life with.

Everything needs that hard work. And if that's not possible for you, and that your brain is naturally the way it is, I'd say let's pray for a miracle that kicks science in the azz
Original post by euphorism
Everything needs that hard work. And if that's not possible for you, and that your brain is naturally the way it is, I'd say let's pray for a miracle that kicks science in the azz

Hard work isnt the solution to everything. Sometimes the hardest workers are wronged the worst. Sadly it is a case of luck as well sometimes.

:hugs: it’ll be okay
Original post by tashkent46
Hard work isnt the solution to everything. Sometimes the hardest workers are wronged the worst. Sadly it is a case of luck as well sometimes.

I admit that and that's why I said the second part...
Original post by LegallyJasmine
1) I want to be on a beach right now
2) I want to be able to teleport
3) I want wars to stop
4) I want to stop hearing the name Donald Trump

Just a list of a few impossible things I want as well. You will always be you; you need to come to terms that you will never live life as a different person. Coming to this realization, you now need to know that you would not want to live a miserable life and on your death bed thinking about how you spent your whole life wanting to be someone else rather than just living it.

I feel like being harsh with yourself, realizing that coming to terms with it to begin the journey of loving yourself is something very crucial. Each person has their own good qualities. There is this quote I really like, not sure if it’s a Christian prayer, “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.”

I think it’s an important thing to keep in mind :smile:

Ur on a beach. Check out pp, chico.
What happened?

Just laying here with a lump in my throat trying not to cry so that no one hears me and thinking about how useless I am, and how I could have been somebody else. I could have been somebody else, but instead I am a piece of sht who doesn't know how to use her brain like a normal functioning person in society.
Just laying here with a lump in my throat trying not to cry so that no one hears me and thinking about how useless I am, and how I could have been somebody else. I could have been somebody else, but instead I am a piece of sht who doesn't know how to use her brain like a normal functioning person in society.

What has caused you to feel this way, is there any particular incident which has triggered you?
ha ha ha :colonhash:
Original post by Notoriety
Ur on a beach. Check out pp, chico.
What has caused you to feel this way, is there any particular incident which has triggered you?

spoke to an old friend today, haven't spoken to any friends in a while, we shared what we're doing in our lives. it reminded me of how much of a piece of **** i am and how i'm acting like i have my life together, and of the bad brain decisions i've made that got me to this point. not even decisions, actually. it's just my brain in general. it seems incapable of making me a successful, normal person. and i don't see this ever changing. it's just who i am.

accidentally compared myself to her, i think. idk.
That is the thing: you could not have been somebody else. You are you. I do not know what you are referring to in specific when you say you cannot use your brain like a normal functioning person, but whatever is bothering you if you can change it then make it your goal right now to strive to be the better version of you. I know we sometimes cannot help but contemplate life being a different person but it only brings more misery. You have one life, one chance, only you and you have the power to change your mental state. It is hard, ofc, but it is doable.

Another quote (Idk what's up with me and quotes today) that I used to think about when I reach points like this:

"When we hit our lowest points, we are open to the greatest change"

I always think it in my lowest points, and use all the hatred and emotion I feel to instead think of an action plan. It is not wrong to feel this way, sometimes you can use these moments to your own advantage. Good luck, and if you need anything my PMs are always open :hugs:
(edited 5 years ago)
I know exactly how you are feeling right now there are so many things which are so negative but i guess the only thing which im doing it talking to many diffrent people and just letting them now really and learning to expect who and how i am

wish you the best with whatever you're dealing with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending