The Student Room Group

Physics Equations

How do I revise my Physics Equations??? I find mnemonics don't work and I don't like flashcards either...Helppppp!:argh::rolleyes:
Practice using them in example questions.
Reply 2
make a song
PIV - P=IV
Fek - F=ek
VIR - V=I/R
PET - P=E/T
QEV - Q=E/V **I think lol**
PIRI - P=IRI which is P=I^2R

I make up weird words to remember them. Idk if that helps at all lol
Reply 4
Get one of the formula sheets that were given for the old spec (or if they're not available, use an A-level formula sheet). Then do a load of questions. Write the formula down for *every single question* you do. No exceptions. Every single question that requires you to use a formula, you write it down first.
So sorry for the late reply, that helped me a lot! Thank you very much!
Original post by swelshie
Practice using them in example questions.
I'm not one for making songs but I tried it and it somehow stuck in my head, cheers! :smile:
Original post by erm.lily
make a song
Those are so cool to remember, especially PIRI (coz it reminds me of Peri Peri sauce, which I eat a lot) and Fek (which sounds like the expletive). Thank you!!!
Original post by pinkbacon1437
PIV - P=IV
Fek - F=ek
VIR - V=I/R
PET - P=E/T
QEV - Q=E/V **I think lol**
PIRI - P=IRI which is P=I^2R

I make up weird words to remember them. Idk if that helps at all lol
That's such a great help, I appreciate it, after what you said, I just kept practising physics equations, some of them have stuck in my head like V=IR and P=E/T but some like specific heat capacity, I need to do a little more work on. Thanks!!!
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Get one of the formula sheets that were given for the old spec (or if they're not available, use an A-level formula sheet). Then do a load of questions. Write the formula down for *every single question* you do. No exceptions. Every single question that requires you to use a formula, you write it down first.
no problem :smile:
Original post by UbrLrdMetagross
Those are so cool to remember, especially PIRI (coz it reminds me of Peri Peri sauce, which I eat a lot) and Fek (which sounds like the expletive). Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest