The Student Room Group

Has anyone applied to Language Culture and Society at LSE ?

I was just wondering if anyone had received an offer.
Hi lol saw you on the LSE thread. Congrats on your other offer! Just curious since LSE said they only give out 1 offer were you rejected. Also what was your personal statement more about?
Reply 2
Original post by RadiantElemental
Hi lol saw you on the LSE thread. Congrats on your other offer! Just curious since LSE said they only give out 1 offer were you rejected. Also what was your personal statement more about?

Thank you, but I have not received an offer yet. I was just wondering if anyone had applied to that particular course aswell. Since I have also applied for marketing my PS was a balance of the two courses. Did you apply to this course ? And also what do you mean by they only give out 1 offer ??
Yeah says on their website because LSE is competitive that if you apply twice they will only ever give you one offer. Whoops my bad. Accidentally read you replying to that person as you.
Reply 4
Original post by RadiantElemental
Yeah says on their website because LSE is competitive that if you apply twice they will only ever give you one offer. Whoops my bad. Accidentally read you replying to that person as you.

Oh I get what you mean and I have only applied to one course at LSE, I applied for marketing at different universities
Dying to know if anyone has had an offer too. I had what I thought was a good PS that brought together Eng lit, linguistics, politics, sociology and psychology but was rejected. Now wondering whether I should have stated which language I wanted to take at LSE but that would not have fit with any of my other subject choices (Liberal Arts) so would have looked odd at Warwick, King's, Durham etc.Does anyone have any insights they can share?
I applied for a deferred entry and got an offer early February.
Thanks Annabel can you tell me roughly what you discussed in your PS ie did you talk about the language you wanted to take? Trying to understand where my PS fell short (I had a good reference and super predicted grades and LSE said it was my PS let me down...)
Original post by annabel_lee
I applied for a deferred entry and got an offer early February.
Original post by accomplished
Thanks Annabel can you tell me roughly what you discussed in your PS ie did you talk about the language you wanted to take? Trying to understand where my PS fell short (I had a good reference and super predicted grades and LSE said it was my PS let me down...)

I applied to Comparative Literature/English Lit. and Modern Languages courses at other universities, so I heavily insisted on how my international background relates to the literature I've read and studied at school in French, English and Spanish. I speak 6 languages and frequently travel, which I also insisted on a lot. I mentioned wanting to learn Japanese (since it was my language choice for other unis I applied to), understanding a society/culture through its languages and how linguistics can impact politics/society. I plan on taking Russian if I firm my offer. I only mentioned Russian in my opening paragraph by referencing Lolita and how Nabokov wrote it in English, which wasn't his native language, and how he was influenced by a dual culture. Basically, I made sure to connect languages, literature, politics and culture in my PS. Hope this helped!
Thank you so much for this valuable info! Yes it is very helpful to me :-)
Original post by annabel_lee
I applied to Comparative Literature/English Lit. and Modern Languages courses at other universities, so I heavily insisted on how my international background relates to the literature I've read and studied at school in French, English and Spanish. I speak 6 languages and frequently travel, which I also insisted on a lot. I mentioned wanting to learn Japanese (since it was my language choice for other unis I applied to), understanding a society/culture through its languages and how linguistics can impact politics/society. I plan on taking Russian if I firm my offer. I only mentioned Russian in my opening paragraph by referencing Lolita and how Nabokov wrote it in English, which wasn't his native language, and how he was influenced by a dual culture. Basically, I made sure to connect languages, literature, politics and culture in my PS. Hope this helped!

Quick Reply