The Student Room Group

Queens belfast vs Uni of Glasgow for product design engineering

Need some help deciding between the two. I know that Glasgow definitely ranks better on the engineering side but in terms of better courses it is difficult to see much difference. Glasgow is also an extra year more than Belfast. Anyone go to any of these uni s that can give advice on it
Rankings are good way to judge a university but not always. I would always suggest before ranking see the accreditation of that program. UoG program is not accredited by any body which means you will be studying in creditless or say less favoured course. Belfast course is accredited .
After that factor comes ranking.
All the best for ur future
Peace
Original post by .Jowsh.
Need some help deciding between the two. I know that Glasgow definitely ranks better on the engineering side but in terms of better courses it is difficult to see much difference. Glasgow is also an extra year more than Belfast. Anyone go to any of these uni s that can give advice on it
This isnt true. The course is accredited. Look on the website. https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/productdesignengineering/#tab=3 purple box clearly states its accredited.
Original post by ClairaSuzen
Rankings are good way to judge a university but not always. I would always suggest before ranking see the accreditation of that program. UoG program is not accredited by any body which means you will be studying in creditless or say less favoured course. Belfast course is accredited .
After that factor comes ranking.
All the best for ur future
Peace
Original post by allofthestars
This isnt true. The course is accredited. Look on the website. https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/productdesignengineering/#tab=3 purple box clearly states its accredited.

Not just that but Glasgow is accredited by the Institute of Design engineers as well as IMechE while QUB is only accredited by IMechE. That might make very little difference in practice though so OP will need to research the importance of the accreditations in design engineering careers.
Original post by Helloworld_95
Not just that but Glasgow is accredited by the Institute of Design engineers as well as IMechE while QUB is only accredited by IMechE. That might make very little difference in practice though so OP will need to research the importance of the accreditations in design engineering careers.

dont even get any rep for helping here -.-

Quick Reply

Latest