The Student Room Group

New Zealand mosque shootings kill 50

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-47578798

Reports that shots were fired at a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand.

May God provide the families and friends of the victims with comfort and guidance in this difficult time for them, and this is coming from a Christian.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mandem67

May God provide the families and friends of the victims with comfort and guidance in this difficult time for them, and this is coming from a Christian.

What are the gun laws like in New Zealand?
Reply 2
Not UK, but now Kiwi land new Zealand bruv
There is freedom within
There is freedom without
One in custody, two confirmed locations of shootings. Police are uncertain if there's more shooters.
facts that i read online

>27 dead (so far)
>he is australian
>the guns he own are legal. NZ has more liberal gun laws than Aus
>he videotaped the whole shooting incident and put it on weedtube
>he used initial D music as background music for his video
>he has a manifesto online on scribe, claims that he wants to "cleanse white country of invaders"
>some people watched the shooting video (i wouldnt recommend), he shoot kids and then shoot them again at the head point blank to make sure they are dead
>calls people to subscribe to pewdiepew
>his twitter account is ****tarrant (censored to not give publicity to terrorist)
(edited 5 years ago)
I've seen footage purporting to be a livestream recorded by the shooter. It's not pretty so I won't link it but there are a large number of fatalities.

I'm also reading what is apparently the guy's manifesto. It's long, rambling and repetitive. It is the work of a far right loser who has spent too much time on the internet. Most of it is about the Muslim birth rate and white genocide. He cities Breivik as an influence.
(edited 5 years ago)
Dreadful.
Rip.
May he rot in the depths of Hell.
Very sad

other news that is deflecting from what happened is that the shooter allegedly said 'subscribe to pewdiepie' before the shooting. everyone is talking about it all over youtube
Original post by goggleyed
Very sad

other news that is deflecting from what happened is that the shooter allegedly said 'subscribe to pewdiepie' before the shooting. everyone is talking about it all over youtube

I don’t think that is relevant are we now suggesting that pewdiepie has influenced people to shoot up mosques?
Original post by paul514
I don’t think that is relevant are we now suggesting that pewdiepie has influenced people to shoot up mosques?

no i'm not. just letting you know that this is sadly all they are talking about in regards to the shooting, as if its more important.
and everyone is defending pewdiepie, they know this has nothing to do with him
Original post by goggleyed
no i'm not. just letting you know that this is sadly all they are talking about in regards to the shooting, as if its more important.
and everyone is defending pewdiepie, they know this has nothing to do with him

If everyone knows that then he shouldn’t need defending surely
Original post by paul514
If everyone knows that then he shouldn’t need defending surely

yeah either way hes gonna be put through the ringer for it...
Original post by Mandem67

May Allah grant all those that have passed away a loftiest stage in Jannatul Firdous. Ameen.

4 people have now been arrested over the brutal and senseless killings.
he has set his movement back a lot
also the footage isn't for faint of the heart - I know we have a lot of edgelords here but even you people won't be able to watch innocent children getting shot in the back at point blank range

not a good thing to wake up to
(edited 5 years ago)
Call it what it is. It’s a terrorist attack. Good to know the NZ PM calls it exactly that

I’ll be observing this thread and seeing how many comment. If this was a muslim, no doubt it would have had 20 pages already
Original post by paul514
It’s ironic he copy’s the methods of the people he hates so much

Idiotic comment. Comments like this are only part of the problem.

You mean the methods of innocent Muslim worshippers? You are criminalising a whole group, not fringe extremists
Original post by RevivalSurvival
Idiotic comment. Comments like this are only part of the problem.

You mean the methods of innocent Muslim worshippers? You are criminalising a whole group, not fringe extremists

r/enlightenedcentrism

clearly those guys innocently praying were equally as bad as the dude that just slaughtered them
I am being told by friends in Australia who know people with family in New Zealand that up to 60 have been injured or killed including women and children. I saw a section of the shooting and it was horrendous.
There were IEDs planted on vehicles but they were defused.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending