The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham lowered my offer?

So today I’ve been trying to choose my firm and insurance and just when I thought I had it Durham have lowered my offer to BBB for Bsc Geography. I was going to consider rejecting Durham, firming Newcastle and having Leicester as my insurance but now I’m unsure.

Has anyone else had their offers dropped by Durham? If so, what’s your new offer?
Reply 1
A lot of people who haven't firmed or insured Durham have got this email from them

Some people got English for AAB if firm
Some people got Psychology for BBB if firm
Some got Politics for BBB if firm
Some bio sciences people got AAB if firm

I guess it just depends tbh
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Thotania
A lot of people who haven't firmed or insured Durham have got this email from them

Some people got English for AAB if firm
Some people got Psychology for BBB if firm
Some got Politics for BBB if firm
Some bio sciences people got AAB if firm

I guess it just depends tbh

I was just pretty surprised because I didn’t realise Durham dropped them so low, especially since the original entry requirements for my course were AAA (though the offer was ABB).
Nice one on your reduced offer! I'm really hoping they reduce my BA Geog offer - A*AA seems kinda high now compared to other reduced offers I've seen lol
Reply 4
And I am still waiting for an offer after 4.5 months in the meanwhile... :dontknow:
Reply 5
Original post by 1Person
And I am still waiting for an offer after 4.5 months in the meanwhile... :dontknow:

Don’t worry you’re not on your own, a friend of mine is still waiting for hers. Just hang on tight, I’m sure you’ll get it!!
Reply 6
Original post by Road B1242
Nice one on your reduced offer! I'm really hoping they reduce my BA Geog offer - A*AA seems kinda high now compared to other reduced offers I've seen lol

Hopefully will because that’s damn high in comparison. Just don’t know how many they’ve been knocking down, by the sounds of it quite a few
Original post by amaipeach
Hopefully will because that’s damn high in comparison. Just don’t know how many they’ve been knocking down, by the sounds of it quite a few

I think I jumped the gun by firming them already. They now have no incentive to reduce it for me. Sad times, though I hope I turn out to be wrong
Reply 8
Original post by Road B1242
I think I jumped the gun by firming them already. They now have no incentive to reduce it for me. Sad times, though I hope I turn out to be wrong

Ah damn that might be it, I’m still completely undecided regardless of the offer drop tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending