The Student Room Group

Helpppp asappppp

Omggggg am sooo scared i dont know where to start and time is eunning outtttt
everything is sooo confusing and i am only doing 4 subjects
science ocr
maths edexcel
eng lit/lang edexcel
history edexcel

can someonee plzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest the most effective and quick way to revise for each of these subjects plzzzzz
i will pray for u
plzzzzzz🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jenkokie
Omggggg am sooo scared i dont know where to start and time is eunning outtttt
everything is sooo confusing and i am only doing 4 subjects
science ocr
maths edexcel
eng lit/lang edexcel
history edexcel

can someonee plzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest the most effective and quick way to revise for each of these subjects plzzzzz
i will pray for u
plzzzzzz🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hi :h:
Please don't get yourself worried! What I would suggest is you download your GCSE specifications and go through the list of topics and highlight them according to your confidence and understanding. Red for the ones you haven't got a clue about or really struggle with, green for the ones you're confident with and Amber for the in the middle ones.

Then this is where you need to focus your revision.

For maths I'd suggest making the most of past papers whilst science may be good for flashcards so you can test yourself whenever you get a few free minutes.

As for English write a few practice pieces and see if your teacher will mark them and give you feedback.

I always found that flashcards with key dates and maybe colour coded timelines or mind maps helped with history.

Best of luck but if you need help with anything you know where we are to help :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so muchhh
but we havent finisheded the whole of the science syllabus and i dont have time for flashcards
and i also heard tht for history its also a good idea to practice past papers, so should i do it....

Original post by brainzistheword
hi :h
please don't get yourself worried! What i would suggest is you download your gcse specifications and go through the list of topics and highlight them according to your confidence and understanding. Red for the ones you haven't got a clue about or really struggle with, green for the ones you're confident with and amber for the in the middle ones.

Then this is where you need to focus your revision.

For maths i'd suggest making the most of past papers whilst science may be good for flashcards so you can test yourself whenever you get a few free minutes.

As for english write a few practice pieces and see if your teacher will mark them and give you feedback.

I always found that flashcards with key dates and maybe colour coded timelines or mind maps helped with history.

Best of luck but if you need help with anything you know where we are to help :smile:
Original post by jenkokie
Thank you so muchhh
but we havent finisheded the whole of the science syllabus and i dont have time for flashcards
and i also heard tht for history its also a good idea to practice past papers, so should i do it....

Definitely use past papers if they're available to you. As for not having time, if you prioritise the topics you focus on to make flashcards you'll make the most of your time available. :smile:
plzzzzz take this elsewhere
just jokihn dnt stress <3
Reply 6
Thank you once again!!!Lastly i was wondering wht do u do for the poems and what type of questions are theyMy teachers do not explain properlyBtw for science is it alright to watch vids and read the red gcp book?Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest